LIVE - B2B 10/26 and 11/2 Halloween, Birthday, and President's Cruise

aring75

14 minutes ago, aring75 said:

When you dine in the MDR for lunch, you go to one side if you ONLY want to do the buffet. If you want to sit down and have the waiter take your order, you will go to the a la carte side. However, I think you can still grab something from the buffet if you’d like when you sit here. 

Sorry I wasn’t too clear before. 😊

I remember it just like that, but we could still get up and get things from the buffet.  Thanks for clarifying, no apologies needed!  I thought perhaps things might have changed 😂

• Like 1

If you were seated for breakfast or lunch in the à la cart section of the dining room, you can still get up and get something from the buffet in the center. It is a little more difficult to do it the other way around as they were fewer servers on the other side. 

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2019 at 4:30 PM, aring75 said:

I always think it’s funny that the bartenders assume Mark’s Piña Colada is for me.

I can relate. At restaurants, I often order steak or other meat and my husband typically salmon. They always want to give me the salmon. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you were seated for breakfast or lunch in the à la cart section of the dining room, you can still get up and get something from the buffet in the center. It is a little more difficult to do it the other way around as they were fewer servers on the other side. 

m

yes you can

44 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

yes you can

Aring75,

I'm enjoying your review and thank you for sharing your experiences on Symphony. My DH and other family members are planning a cruise on her for next fall:)

Tulsacoker,

I just have to tell you that your "picture" freaks me out! I guess it's "appropo" for tomorrow, but I have to hurry up, read your response and scroll really fast past "you." I have a feeling you are much better looking in person! Plus you are frequently on John&LaLa's review also!

Happy cruising everyone!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks! Yes, we are certainly trying to balance the active time with the lazy down time. The lazy time might be winning out slightly! 😂

Then you are DEFINITELY doing it right.  So glad you are enjoying yourselves, and thank you for taking the time to update and bring us along. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Aring75,

I'm enjoying your review and thank you for sharing your experiences on Symphony. My DH and other family members are planning a cruise on her for next fall:)

Tulsacoker,

I just have to tell you that your "picture" freaks me out! I guess it's "appropo" for tomorrow, but I have to hurry up, read your response and scroll really fast past "you." I have a feeling you are much better looking in person! Plus you are frequently on John&LaLa's review also!

Thanks! I think you guys are going to love it. 

And as a side note I’m looking forward to Halloween on the ship. I’ve never been onboard for the 31st before, so I’ll be interested to see if people get into dressing up, or what. 

I will report back. 

50 minutes ago, kmorg1234 said:

Then you are DEFINITELY doing it right.  So glad you are enjoying yourselves, and thank you for taking the time to update and bring us along. 

Thanks for following! Glad you’re here. 😊

Dinner tonight - Night 4 - Costa Maya

E0795DC1-E25D-4556-9875-CE329DAFB112.thumb.jpeg.9f50eaa2edd9423ff9ba5a5853709041.jpeg

Tomato Soup (okay, but not great)

F4806903-32A3-4FCF-933E-3F544BB30B3D.thumb.jpeg.e63780678ae4536ace8e4668cb0e07dc.jpeg

Lamb Chops (so good! No really, these were delicious.)

AAC82BC9-53FA-4DEE-88B9-CACEC884723E.thumb.jpeg.e93155c558eb0831393241116e036e99.jpeg

Dessert: Cherries Jubilee and some Donut things. The donut things were okay, but the cherries were way better. 

0D7D6CB2-F6C3-45BC-AA8B-17C0F2DD6C62.thumb.jpeg.24d82ae6145468564a9932efba13a51f.jpeg

B4E9FEDB-2E35-490F-B01C-CA8EEE3786DA.thumb.jpeg.56cda96075ac64ee21d7ae61061a3ed5.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Dessert: Cherries Jubilee and some Donut things. The donut things were okay, but the cherries were way better. 

Enjoying your review.  Not that I don't believe you, but I am afraid I would feel required to try the Donuts.  I have to try all donuts, I come across. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aring75 said:

Thanks! I think you guys are going to love it. 

And as a side note I’m looking forward to Halloween on the ship. I’ve never been onboard for the 31st before, so I’ll be interested to see if people get into dressing up, or what. 

I will report back. 

We have been on a few times for Halloween, you will be surprised how many people dress up, plus you will think how in the heck did they have room to pack that in their suitcase, how on earth did they get that on board?

It's a fun night for sure. Enjoy !!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Domino D said:

Enjoying your review.  Not that I don't believe you, but I am afraid I would feel required to try the Donuts.  I have to try all donuts, I come across. 

Lol, that was Mark. He said he kinda wanted cheesecake, but once he saw the donuts he had to get those. And the donuts weren’t bad, but we shared both and it was only our opinion that the cherries were better.

The “dipping sauce” for the donuts was basically whipped cream. That would probably have been great, but it was kind of starting to separate where the chocolate sauce had been drizzled on top. So it made it look more like the consistency of cottage cheese. 😝

YMMV

(and I hope it does!)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We have been on a few times for Halloween, you will be surprised how many people dress up, plus you will think how in the heck did they have room to pack that in their suitcase, how on earth did they get that on board?

It's a fun night for sure. Enjoy !!

I’ve already seen quite a few doors decorated for Halloween. Completely - top to bottom! So I’m hoping this is a fun group. 😀🎃

9 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Lol, that was Mark. He said he kinda wanted cheesecake, but once he saw the donuts he had to get those. And the donuts weren’t bad, but we shared both and it was only our opinion that the cherries were better.

The “dipping sauce” for the donuts was basically whipped cream. That would probably have been great, but it was kind of starting to separate where the chocolate sauce had been drizzled on top. So it made it look more like the consistency of cottage cheese. 😝

YMMV

(and I hope it does!)

Well this is the true value of Cruise Critic and all of you who do reviews.  We get to learn.  I think I'll skip the whipped cream.  I'll go with chocolate sauce drizzled and cinnamon sugar sprinkled on them.  Whipped cream and donuts?? Who thought of that?  Then I'll do the sugar free ice cream the next night.

The cherries did look good.  Keep having a great cruise.

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 8:55 AM, jk04 said:

If you have a chance to look through the mountains of sales papers they give you, can you see if the Spa offers like a 10-20-30% special if you book three services, please?  Thank you so much!  😊

So I’ve been trying to watch out for a sale like you mentioned. I know I used to see those all the time in the past. Of course, I was on other ships. As of our packet of papers that came with Day 5, we have received the “10-20-30% discount”. I took a couple of pictures of the offers that I HAVE seen. And I will let you know if there are any more. 

These were Day 4 ($159) and 5 ($149)

EABF305C-E585-43C9-AAE1-94F46B1BC16A.thumb.jpeg.c4f4d7e2abd8fac74d230c260929e682.jpeg

B31920A8-D6FE-4CEB-A175-FC35C8C981E4.thumb.jpeg.02e3bdd29bf546460f2dc65188296da4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I think I'll skip the whipped cream.  I'll go with chocolate sauce drizzled and cinnamon sugar sprinkled on them. 

Okay, now THAT sounds delicious. Do that. Definitely do that. 👍

• Like 1

We did after-dinner drinks in Dazzles last night. They had the “80s music & dance pre-party” going on. There was an 80s party held out in the Promenade later. 

So. Much. Fun. 

Loved the music. Great talent. We had great people to chat with all around us. And had way too much to drink. 😁🥃🍸

LIIT, some raspberry drink (the bartender thought was mine again), two rum & cokes, two gin & tonics (somehow forgot to take a picture of those), and did I mention that we spent the day at Maya Chan??

117266E0-C3F0-46AD-88F1-F16CADE2EDCF.thumb.jpeg.d8b01883c68561513daa4af54dba7eaf.jpeg

Thanks for posting and sharing thoughts and experiences. We will be boarding on Saturday for that Anniversary/Birthday/President Celebration and looks like your Birthday too! 🍸🎂

This will be our 7th Oasis class cruise and looking forward-to experiencing Symphony. We have a B2B on her in January so this will be a kicking the tires event.

Are you guys attending the Wino sail away party? 

Cheers! 🍸

• Like 1

Your cruise sounds awesome.  We love doing b2b cruises and staying in same cabin makes even better.  I loved your underwater pictures.  What type of camera did you use?  I want to add a new underwater to my christmas list for our 21 days of caribbean cruise in january.

Have Fun!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Tulsacoker,

Sorry about my picture, caribbean humidity and sun wreaks havoc on my hair, skin and lips

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, aring75 said:

My birthday is the first day of the next cruise, which is also Royal’s Birthday/President’s Cruise. It was like a sign from the universe! We had to book it. 😁

You and I share a birthday! I can’t think of a better way to celebrate!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, countess5 said:

Are you guys attending the Wino sail away party? 

Cheers! 🍸

Ummm...Wino sail away party? Do tell me more!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your cruise sounds awesome.  We love doing b2b cruises and staying in same cabin makes even better.  I loved your underwater pictures.  What type of camera did you use?  I want to add a new underwater to my christmas list for our 21 days of caribbean cruise in january.

Have Fun!!!

Thank you! It’s an Olympus TG-5 and to be honest I’m still learning how to use it. But I do really like it for underwater shots!

E85C37DA-E025-4597-B6F7-AED28A2DC821.thumb.jpeg.b5cfb102a577bac5b98164e36e9211fd.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

Did they offer any photo packages. Anything like 10 for $XXX?

Funny you should ask! When we got back from breakfast this morning there was a letter in the door “mail slot” offering 10 photos for $50. I think it was a Crown & Anchor offer. 

• Like 1