Questions on Internet package

9 hours ago, blackshirt said:

Username and password is the way any internet purchase done onboard works, including the free D, D+ days.  I believe the codes are/were only provided for pre-purchased internet. It is very simple to do right from your device should you decide to do it yourself next time. 

We always pre-purchase (Voom Surf/Stream) and this past May on Vision we were given a code....We were on Adventure last week and it was a username and password...So that was the difference we just experienced.

We were on Mariner a couple of weeks ago and used our Diamond Plus perks for internet.  It was a four night cruise.  I used my perks for two nights, and my husband's for two nights.  So we had free internet the whole time.  Since we didn't need to be connected all the time, we took turns using the internet for one device (even though we had two separate phones).  The internet guy told us it was okay to share access if we didn't both need it at the same time.  So when I wanted to look on Facebook, I'd log in, browse for a while then sign out.  When my husband wanted to check his email, he'd log in for a while then sign out.  It worked great for us.  I was glad he suggested it.   

Another thing to keep in mind, you can use the Royal Caribbean app onboard without purchasing internet.  Also, wifi is free at Coco Cay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drsmith said:

Another thing to keep in mind, you can use the Royal Caribbean app onboard without purchasing internet.  Also, wifi is free at Coco Cay.

Glad to know wifi is free at Coco Cay, so my friends without the internet package can browse the internet there.

8 hours ago, squaremimi said:

Glad to know wifi is free at Coco Cay, so my friends without the internet package can browse the internet there.

There's a bit of a misunderstanding, VOOM is free on CocoCay as an extension of your on board account, it is not free if you don't already have it on the ship.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:
17 hours ago, squaremimi said:

There's a bit of a misunderstanding, VOOM is free on CocoCay as an extension of your on board account, it is not free if you don't already have it on the ship.

I was able to connect at Coco Cay for free, without logging in to my Voom account.  Also, other people told me before I got there it was free at Coco Cay.  My experience a couple of weeks ago matches up with that.  Maybe it was a fluke, but that was my experience.

20 hours ago, drsmith said:

Since we didn't need to be connected all the time, we took turns using the internet for one device (even though we had two separate phones).  The internet guy told us it was okay to share access if we didn't both need it at the same time.  So when I wanted to look on Facebook, I'd log in, browse for a while then sign out.  When my husband wanted to check his email, he'd log in for a while then sign out. 

Was going to mention this.  If both of you do not need access at the same exact time, one can log out with their device and then the other person can use the same account to login with their own device.  My wife and I have done this.  I do wonder how long it will be before they try to stop this.  But maybe they are OK since it is still just one device at a time even if multiple devices take turns.

4 hours ago, Jeff13 said:

Was going to mention this.  If both of you do not need access at the same exact time, one can log out with their device and then the other person can use the same account to login with their own device.  My wife and I have done this.  I do wonder how long it will be before they try to stop this.  But maybe they are OK since it is still just one device at a time even if multiple devices take turns.

This isn't some new hack -- it's been this way for years and years now.  There's no reason for them to "try to stop this" because it's totally within the allowed parameters of the service.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, drsmith said:

We were on Mariner a couple of weeks ago and used our Diamond Plus perks for internet.  It was a four night cruise.  I used my perks for two nights, and my husband's for two nights.  So we had free internet the whole time.  Since we didn't need to be connected all the time, we took turns using the internet for one device (even though we had two separate phones).  The internet guy told us it was okay to share access if we didn't both need it at the same time.  So when I wanted to look on Facebook, I'd log in, browse for a while then sign out.  When my husband wanted to check his email, he'd log in for a while then sign out.  It worked great for us.  I was glad he suggested it.   

Thank you  - this was helpful!  We aren't D+ yet, but I'm glad we don't have to get a package for every device we bring aboard, if we aren't going to use them all the time.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Person 2 logging in kicks person 1 off. You now get notified. 

2B1B406E-988D-468D-AF0F-266CED3482F6.png

I believe this is ship-specific... not all ships are using the same system.  Some ships will kick a device off, other ships won't let the extra device log on at all until a previous device is logged off.

9 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Does 1 device mean I can use my phone and log out and use my tablet or laptop?

VOOM SURF + STREAM Voyage Package - 1 Device

Get the fastest streaming, sharing and surfing internet at sea.

Yes, any number of different devices but only one logged in at a time.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, brillohead said:

I believe this is ship-specific... not all ships are using the same system.  Some ships will kick a device off, other ships won't let the extra device log on at all until a previous device is logged off.

Yeap.  On Grandeur in April, I would all of a sudden not have internet.  I would ask, and my SO had logged into it, without saying anything to me. 😄