Havana area change

jimbo5544

5 minutes ago, Oldskl said:

Exactly, why should any of us have to pay for additional exclusivity on Carnival, the family friendly cruise line. Having it exclusive just for you, and not everyone else is the epitome of exclusive behavior. Rules are made for the benefit of a few all the time, and can be changed.

You must be trolling us now with a response like this right?

I'm exiting this conversation. Let's agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

On a beach in Aruba thinking about what you are missing out on while you’re not even using it.

Do post more pictures of the empty Havana area when you get back.  It’s kinda like a live camera where I can dream while doodling at work.

Edited by soonernstlouis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The only reason I participated in this conversation was so that the two opposing opinions could be represented. One opinion is that it should be open to all after 7pm and the other is that it shouldn’t. I am not going to keep restating my opinion that it shouldn’t be open to the entire ship simply because someone else keeps restating that it should. I obviously am not changing my mind and the other side isn’t either. Take care 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, oumagic said:

The only reason I participated in this conversation was so that the two opposing opinions could be represented. One opinion is that it should be open to all after 7pm and the other is that it shouldn’t. I am not going to keep restating my opinion that it shouldn’t be open to the entire ship simply because someone else keeps restating that it should. I obviously am not changing my mind and the other side isn’t either. Take care 

It should be open to anyone who prefers to book it. By the way, not missing anything. Commenting as I come back to my umbrella from a swim and sip on my Pina Colada! This is my fifth trip to Aruba. Cruise life forever. Also, one person can choose to be a powerful voice, and I've decided to voice my opinion for families. Heading back into the Caribbean...😎

The Havana area is not an area for families with young children and I feel it should stay that way. You can post that it should be for families with young children another 100 times and I will not agree with you.

I am voicing my opinion for families too, it is just that my family has needs that are met with the Havana area as it is. My  has children older than 12. My children do not want to get into a pool with young kids but they are also too young for me to find ships with pools in adult only areas. My in-laws are old enough that they would rather stay in their room than spend time around a pool with screaming children. The Havana area is perfect for my family. I only get to take one or two cruises a year; I am super excited that this one will be perfect for my family. And from what I gather, there are a lot of people on my spring break cruise with kids my age in the Havana area.

**I am trying to bow out of the conversation, but I keep getting quoted and feel I need to respond.

16 minutes ago, Oldskl said:

It should be open to anyone who prefers to book it. By the way, not missing anything. Commenting as I come back to my umbrella from a swim and sip on my Pina Colada! This is my fifth trip to Aruba. Cruise life forever. Also, one person can choose to be a powerful voice, and I've decided to voice my opinion for families. Heading back into the Caribbean...😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

In your way of thinking I should be able to use the Thermal suites and T- pool at the Spa in the evenings when nobody's there even though I didn't purchase a spa cabin or spa pass. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? 😎

Yep

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

In your way of thinking I should be able to use the Thermal suites and T- pool at the Spa in the evenings when nobody's there even though I didn't purchase a spa cabin or spa pass. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? 😎

Yep, it’s the same thing. You don’t see any little kids in there either and he could buy spa passes .....

• Like 1

How about thinking about it this way. Someone pays for a balcony room. Never or rarely uses it (I can take loads of photos down the ship and show many empty balconies). Would you ever argue that others should have access to that area? Now the havana area is a big balcony that we all paid grouply into (I'm sure there's a word for this). Why should we allow others to use an area we paid for?

Mardi gras will have the new Loft 19 with it's own pool area, why not pay the extra to bring your children into that area or book the suite that includes it?

Edited by Ellusionz
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

To sum it up before this thread is locked, Carnival made the mistake of letting non Havana people to access the area in the first place.  Carnival has fixed their mistake. Time to move on.😎

Agreed!  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Oldskl said:

I would happily pay for the area if given the opportunity to do so! Who is really feeling entitled here? You and the others who want to exclude everyone else.

No entitlement from this side, I paid my way and abiding by the rules ,Thank you.

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 5

On 1/16/2020 at 12:40 PM, Alegeeter said:

This is entitlement right here.

These are Carnival's rules so yes, you should accept them. 

But instead, you think you should just be able to throw money at the problem to get your way. Entitled.

What gives the Havana its worth is the exclusivity factor. Opening it up to all takes that away so why should people pay a premium for it?

Def

On 1/16/2020 at 11:24 AM, oumagic said:

The Havana area is not an area for families with young children and I feel it should stay that way. You can post that it should be for families with young children another 100 times and I will not agree with you.

I am voicing my opinion for families too, it is just that my family has needs that are met with the Havana area as it is. My  has children older than 12. My children do not want to get into a pool with young kids but they are also too young for me to find ships with pools in adult only areas. My in-laws are old enough that they would rather stay in their room than spend time around a pool with screaming children. The Havana area is perfect for my family. I only get to take one or two cruises a year; I am super excited that this one will be perfect for my family. And from what I gather, there are a lot of people on my spring break cruise with kids my age in the Havana area.

**I am trying to bow out of the conversation, but I keep getting quoted and feel I need to respond.

Edited by James4me
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 9:28 AM, Oldskl said:

I think you are missing the point of our discussion. The Havana area is like this after 6 pm on this and all of our prior cruises. Therefore, prior to the new rule changes. Wouldn't it be fair and beneficial for others to enjoy this area if it is empty? It appears you believe it should sit empty in case you want to utilize it. Not very practical.

Currently on the beach in Aruba. Enjoy your next cruise.

Missing the point?? Just because YOU have decided what you think the point of this thread is doesn’t make it so.  

Have you not noticed that people see your point of view? It’s not that we don’t understand what you are saying, it’s that we don’t agree.

BTW you can’t stay at any resort you choose as you stated. You can’t go to an adults only resort with children either. Same thing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Missing the point?? Just because YOU have decided what you think the point of this thread is doesn’t make it so.  

Have you not noticed that people see your point of view? It’s not that we don’t understand what you are saying, it’s that we don’t agree.

BTW you can’t stay at any resort you choose as you stated. You can’t go to an adults only resort with children either. Same thing.

Thanks momof3cruisers!  I was not missing the point at all, just having a difference of opinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

It just came to me that Carnival isn't the only one that does this.  We actually love Hyatt Ziva all-inclusives.  They are a 'family' resort just like Carnival with water slides and a kids buffet.  They have kids clubs and teen clubs so it is safe to say they are targeted at families just like Carnival.  They have this exact same booking restriction.  The resort allows kids of all ages but there are rooms called swim-up Jr. Suites.  If you have a child under the age of 13 you CANNOT book those rooms.  These rooms allow you access to a separate pool that spans the length of those rooms.  Other resorts allow you to book a swim-up room with a child but Hyatt does not.  They don't want kids splashing around in those particular pools and if you have a child that is under that age it is impossible to book them.  This seems like the same exact situation as the Cabana area.

My kids are 8, 11, and 16.  While I think they would love the cabana area and I don't think they would get that rowdy I respect the age restriction.  We are going to Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana in May and I was wondering why I couldn't book a swim up for that trip but someone online let me know why.  I didn't pitch a fit I just booked a Club Jr. Suite for us and we'll use the main pool.  Anyway I figured I would give examples of other types of accommodations that have the exact same restriction.  I don't mind it and we'll be spending a couples trip in the Cabanas in September.

Edited by ummgood
  • Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 9:28 AM, Oldskl said:

I think you are missing the point of our discussion. The Havana area is like this after 6 pm on this and all of our prior cruises. Therefore, prior to the new rule changes. Wouldn't it be fair and beneficial for others to enjoy this area if it is empty? It appears you believe it should sit empty in case you want to utilize it. Not very practical.

Currently on the beach in Aruba. Enjoy your next cruise.

My last cruise we had a Havana Aft Facing Balcony.  At night while sitting out on our balcony enjoying our view of the Havana area, it was usually ruined by the non Havana people using the area.  Instead of it being serene and peaceful, it was kinda obnoxious, beer cans rolling all over the deck, people pawing all over each other in the hot tubs, etc. So yes, if it is empty it is still being enjoyed by the Havana guests!  That is what we pay for!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1