Pacific Princess to Tahiti in 2021

shirazcruiser

I would strongly recommend you take advantage of the November 24, 2020 sailing, as it appears there is no 2021 offering. The official Princess cruise planner tool reveals a string of "unique, one-off" cruises, several special 80-92 Day Circle South America cruises, and then culminates in April 2021 with a single, suspiciously farewell, 21 Day Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands cruise. This 4/21/2021 cruise is also very unusually noted as already "sold out". After that day the cruise calendar  for Pacific Princess is blank.

The Princess 10 day Tahiti cruise on the Ocean/Pacific Princess is our all-time favorite.... just wonderful. We went on this in January of 2012 on the Ocean Princess (now gone) and have been waiting for an opportunity to repeat this voyage. We were delighted when Princess re-tasked the Pacific Princess to add the 11/24/2020 departure. Subsequently, we have booked this under the 3 for Free promotion that expires on 10/31/19.

I hope you can get one of the cruises before they are gone, you will not regret it.

Todd & Imelda

Edited by TRauppius
grammar

35 minutes ago, TRauppius said:

I would strongly recommend you take advantage of the November 24, 2020 sailing, as it appears there is no 2021 offering. The official Princess cruise planner tool reveals a string of "unique, one-off" cruises, several special 80-92 Day Circle South America cruises, and then culminates in April 2021 with a single, suspiciously farewell, 21 Day Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands cruise. This 4/21/2021 cruise is also very unusually noted as already "sold out". After that day the cruise calendar  for Pacific Princess is blank.

The Princess 10 day Tahiti cruise on the Ocean/Pacific Princess is our all-time favorite.... just wonderful. We went on this in January of 2012 on the Ocean Princess (now gone) and have been waiting for an opportunity to repeat this voyage. We were delighted when Princess re-tasked the Pacific Princess to add the 11/24/2020 departure. Subsequently, we have booked this under the 3 for Free promotion that expires on 10/31/19.

I hope you can get one of the cruises before they are gone, you will not regret it.

Todd & Imelda

We would love to take it in 2020, but we're committed to a completely sold out ship on RCCL to Iceland and Greenland.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't yet picked it up anywhere else.  We lost our planned 19 day Tahiti this year and will definitely study these new releases in hopes of making it back to the South Pacific.

Generally, things are released for booking within a few weeks of seeing the fares / itineraries put out this way.  I haven't been receiving Elite booking notices for the past many months.  Hopefully these won't slip past me.

Much appreciated.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't yet picked it up anywhere else.  We lost our planned 19 day Tahiti this year and will definitely study these new releases in hopes of making it back to the South Pacific.

Generally, things are released for booking within a few weeks of seeing the fares / itineraries put out this way.  I haven't been receiving Elite booking notices for the past many months.  Hopefully these won't slip past me.

Much appreciated.  

You're welcome!  I didn't get the Elite booking email for the World Cruises either but wouldn't have booked that one.  I did find out from my TA that the Elite booking window for these cruises starts June 9th at 9 AM PDT so we are definitely going to avail ourselves of that offering!

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Here's the information on the 2021 / 2022 French Polynesia sailings on the Pacific Princess.  I don't know when they will be on sale, hopefully someone has that info!

2021-22Tahiti_SailingSchedule_Fares_Amenities.xls 59.5 kB · 22 downloads 2021-2022TahitiReferenceFlyer.pdf 122.26 kB · 12 downloads

Thanks for posting as I was hoping new Tahiti sailings would be scheduled after my Nov 2020 Tahiti sailing was cancelled. I was able to download the flyer, but not the "Sailing Schedule"...any suggestions? 

8 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thanks for posting as I was hoping new Tahiti sailings would be scheduled after my Nov 2020 Tahiti sailing was cancelled. I was able to download the flyer, but not the "Sailing Schedule"...any suggestions? 

I've just saved the Excel document as a PDF file.  Try this!

2021-22 Tahiti Fare and amenities.pdf

So excited about this! We were booked on the doomed PPT to FLL 2020 cruise that was cancelled when calls to Cuba were forbidden again. So we rebooked PPT to SYD and so on for 2020. Those cruises are still a 'go' but I think there's only a 50% chance they go and even if they do, I'd expect a few dropped ports because some of the countries still won't accept cruise ships even at the end of the year. Just sent a note to our TA to book us on the 34 day version of the FLL to PPT cruise in 2021 as soon as it's available! Happy dance!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

You're welcome!  I didn't get the Elite booking email for the World Cruises either but wouldn't have booked that one.  I did find out from my TA that the Elite booking window for these cruises starts June 9th at 9 AM PDT so we are definitely going to avail ourselves of that offering!

45 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Did I miss the discussion of when the 2021/22 Pacific Princess cruises will open for booking?

I think this is what you missed.

23 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

2021-22 Tahiti Fare and amenities.pdf 578.01 kB · 31 downloads

I want to add my thanks for posting this.   The file talks about "amenity points."  We've only been on Princess a couple of times and I'm not familiar with this term. Could someone please explain a bit?

Thanks,

Greg

2 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

I want to add my thanks for posting this.   The file talks about "amenity points."  We've only been on Princess a couple of times and I'm not familiar with this term. Could someone please explain a bit?

Thanks,

Greg

You're welcome!  I know that amenity points are translated into incentives that travel agents can provide to customers on their group bookings but I thought I would dig up an old thread that provides a bit more information 

We are excited that Princess decided to do the ten day French Polynesia cruise in late 2021/early 2022.  Our only concern about booking this cruise (we were originally booked on the October 25, 2020 cruise that was cancelled) is that the weather that time of year is supposedly very rainy and humid.  Does anyone have any experience visiting the area that time of year?  That is the only thing holding us back from rebooking the cruise.  Also, is there any difference between December, January, and February weather?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruiser man said:

That is the only thing holding us back from rebooking the cruise.  Also, is there any difference between December, January, and February weather?

We were scheduled on the October 15 cruise - in part because I'd read that the October weather was great but the rainy season starts in November.  I checked the weather details again today for December, January and February.  That period is the rainy season; warm and muggy with an increased possibility of tropical storms according to a number of web sites.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

We were scheduled on the October 15 cruise - in part because I'd read that the October weather was great but the rainy season starts in November.  I checked the weather details again today for December, January and February.  That period is the rainy season; warm and muggy with an increased possibility of tropical storms according to a number of web sites.

We were supposed to be on that cruise with you and we are planning on booking one of the cruises in January.  Sorry to hear that it will be rainy season but we will take our chances and will hope for the best!

On 6/3/2020 at 3:53 PM, azbirdmom said:

2021-22 Tahiti Fare and amenities.pdf 578.01 kB · 60 downloads

Thank you so much for doing that as I couldn't open the original file either. We are also Elite and never received this future cruise email.

We were booked for Tahiti on November 4th and as you know it was canceled. We were thinking about booking with Oceania but hearing this and seeing the prices we might hold off and stick with Princess.

We did the same sailing in February of 2011 on the small and quaint Royal Princess and the weather was fabulous.

Cheers,

Noreen

• Like 1

We did the 10 day Tahitian cruise back in 2008 over the Thanksgiving holiday. We also did a 4 night stay right before the cruise, so were there for a fortnight in total. We only saw real rain once and that was the overnight stop in Bora Bora. The weather for the rest of the vacation was ideal. 

I am booked on Star Princess 28 day round trip LA to Hawaii, Tahiti, Bora Bora and American Samoa next March.  If those ports aren't open by then I wouldn't want to sail and hit Central American and Mexican ports I've already been to.  Star Princess is scheduled to leave Princess fleet and go to P&O Australia by end of 2021.  Does anybody know if Princess will offer the same 28 day cruise for spring of 2022?  Anybody know what ship Princess plans to replace Star with?  I'm concerned that if Star is replaced by a Royal Class ship, it may not be able to enter some South Pacific ports.  Any info appreciated.

Edited by Daniel A

I know that the Emerald has done this itinerary.  Our version was in the fall.  Prior to shutting down, Bora Bora were implementing restrictions concerning the number of passengers allowed to visit on any given day.  They want smaller ships as the islands cannot support large numbers of passengers on a single day.  Perhaps they will rethink their plan given the long shutdown. 
I would guess the bigger ships like the Royal class would be more apt to visit on a Transpacific cruise.  
The Pacific Princess is an ideal size for that area.  

• Thanks 1