Edge pricing finally starts to soften!

Mynki

2 hours ago, villauk said:

I dread to ask what the Iconic Suite pricing was 🙈? Another new car perhaps 🤣?

£34,098...Don’t need another new car but I can think of lots of better ways to spend the holiday budget!

• Like 3

For those that want to try E-Class or sail again on E-Class, the Edge is now competing with Apex for bookings so no doubt it will affect future pricing on similar itineraries since the number of cabins effectively doubled.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Beware!  If you booked via Celebrity UK then your cruise, and fare price would be fixed with no opportunity to cancel or re-fare should the price drop without losing your deposit.  An exception is if you book on board and then you have the ability to move your deposit to another sailing.

US terms allow a lot more flexibility.

I have asked for and got price drops on a B2B cruise for 2020 I booked with Celebrity UK. First part was booked onboard and transferred to the agent we always use at Celebrity UK. . Second was booked through the Celebrity agent.  I had to accept the new offers on both cruises, but the price drops were well worth it. So far I have saved £1904 in total and moved from a 1A balcony to a Sunset Balcony. 
The only time we have had a price drop previously was in 2012. We booked a cruise on 12th January and on the 13th January the Costa Concordia tragedy occurred. Prices dropped dramatically. However, we had to cancel and rebook. We lost the £300 deposit, but still saved £1700.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bengaltiger1 said:

I have asked for and got price drops on a B2B cruise for 2020 I booked with Celebrity UK. First part was booked onboard and transferred to the agent we always use at Celebrity UK. . Second was booked through the Celebrity agent.  I had to accept the new offers on both cruises, but the price drops were well worth it. So far I have saved £1904 in total and moved from a 1A balcony to a Sunset Balcony. 
The only time we have had a price drop previously was in 2012. We booked a cruise on 12th January and on the 13th January the Costa Concordia tragedy occurred. Prices dropped dramatically. However, we had to cancel and rebook. We lost the £300 deposit, but still saved £1700.  

Congratulations!  I have also had good service from the agent I use at Celebrity; specific details of which I don’t post because I am certain he goes above and beyond on my behalf.  The fact that this year alone I’ve taken 5 Celebrity cruises also might be a factor - I just don’t know.  What is indisputable is that UK terms and conditions generally allow next to no flexibility.

Edited by mrsgoggins

Just now, mrsgoggins said:

Congratulations!  I have also had good service from the agent I use at Celebrity, specific  details of which I don’t post because I am certain he goes above and beyond on my behalf.  The fact that this year alone I’ve taken 5 Celebrity cruises also might be a factor - I just don’t know.  What is indisputable is that UK terms and conditions generally allow next to no flexibility.

Yes, we have very little flexibility  in the U.K. I am hoping that they are starting to show a little now! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Beware!  If you booked via Celebrity UK then your cruise, and fare price would be fixed with no opportunity to cancel or re-fare should the price drop without losing your deposit.  An exception is if you book on board and then you have the ability to move your deposit to another sailing.

US terms allow a lot more flexibility.

That flexibility comes at a high cost.

12 minutes ago, bengaltiger1 said:

Yes, we have very little flexibility  in the U.K. I am hoping that they are starting to show a little now! 

Would you pay up to $1000 more for that flexibility.  Thats the difference between their Non Refundable and Refundable option.

Just now, bengaltiger1 said:

We don’t have a choice. The deposit is non refundable in the U.K. 

Our non refundable rate are significantly lower than the US non refundable rate.

They pay up to $1000 more to gain the benefit of refundable rate.

Would you pay £800 more for those benefits ?

We were given flyers on board our September cruise which stated flexibility had now been made available for the UK. I tried this out for my next September cruise when back but our Celebrity agent pointed out that the drop wasn't as much as the additional on board credit we had been given. We could have changed though

4 minutes ago, Alushar said:

We were given flyers on board our September cruise which stated flexibility had now been made available for the UK. I tried this out for my next September cruise when back but our Celebrity agent pointed out that the drop wasn't as much as the additional on board credit we had been given. We could have changed though

If that is now the case, you should still be able to keep your OBC from an onboard booking and receive the price drop. It’s the only thing that you can keep, other perks may be lost under a new promo. Did they state it was one or the other?

The added flexibility for how long? I remember when they used to honour price drops and then it suddenly stopped, out of the blue. Which would also concern me: for how long are they going to honour them this time around 🤔?

Edited by villauk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mickey89 said:

Our non refundable rate are significantly lower than the US non refundable rate.

They pay up to $1000 more to gain the benefit of refundable rate.

Would you pay £800 more for those benefits ?

I am not quite sure why you feel the need to keep digging at me. I simply posted that Celebrity UK had given me price drops and that we have little flexibility in the UK. Both are facts. I was surprised to get the price drops, but figured if you don’t ask, you don’t get. We don’t have a choice in the U.K. on holiday deposits as I am sure you know. It’s not just Celebrity. No one can predict how Celebrity’s T&C would alter in the event of a change to their deposit policy in the U.K. . 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, villauk said:

If that is now the case, you should still be able to keep your OBC from an onboard booking and receive the price drop. It’s the only thing that you can keep, other perks may be lost under a new promo. Did they state it was one or the other?

The added flexibility for how long? I remember when they used to honour price drops and then it suddenly stopped, out of the blue. Which would also concern me: for how long are they going to honour them this time around 🤔?

The flyer said ongoing change for the UK to bring it into line with US. You are probably right it was possibly OBC as a perk as I remember her saying we kept the CBP and free gratuities one way or another we lost more than the then price drop

Shortly after the this the UK website changed to the US format

On 10/29/2019 at 11:53 AM, chemmo said:

£34,098...Don’t need another new car but I can think of lots of better ways to spend the holiday budget!

Millennium next month via a UK TA, 14 night RS booking (choice of four RS suites currently available) £2997 per person. All four perks included. And it's a great itinerary! I'm genuinely gutted that business commitments prevent me from booking right now. 

15 minutes ago, Mynki said:

Millennium next month via a UK TA, 14 night RS booking (choice of four RS suites currently available) £2997 per person. All four perks included. And it's a great itinerary! I'm genuinely gutted that business commitments prevent me from booking right now. 

Now I am going to sound really picky but we only cruise PH on M class...

We did a B2B on Millie in a PH then another PH cruise on Summit and the deck blew us away...I can happily cruise in a RS on S class...Much as I love the space in the S class PH I don’t need it but on M class the PH is just miles ahead of the RS....

Help, someone agree!!!

7 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Now I am going to sound really picky but we only cruise PH on M class...

We did a B2B on Millie in a PH then another PH cruise on Summit and the deck blew us away...I can happily cruise in a RS on S class...Much as I love the space in the S class PH I don’t need it but on M class the PH is just miles ahead of the RS....

Help, someone agree!!!

I'm sure that's true. But in context I'm hard pressed to find better value. I've seen aqua class rooms on Edge offered at £600 to £700 pppn. So an RS at around £214 pppn seems fabulous value to me. 

50 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I'm sure that's true. But in context I'm hard pressed to find better value. I've seen aqua class rooms on Edge offered at £600 to £700 pppn. So an RS at around £214 pppn seems fabulous value to me. 

Totally agree...