Aurora - pay to watch Rugby finals?

BrianI

Aurora have announced that they will show the rugby finals on the big screen in the Playhouse (cinema). To allow you to celebrate there will be quote - unlimited Buck’s Fizz, sparkling wine and fresh orange juice together with a delicious buffet lunch. Unquote.

The cost for this will be £20 per person. 

Do you think this is reasonable and what are other ships doing?

Brian

6 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Aurora have announced that they will show the rugby finals on the big screen in the Playhouse (cinema). To allow you to celebrate there will be quote - unlimited Buck’s Fizz, sparkling wine and fresh orange juice together with a delicious buffet lunch. Unquote.

The cost for this will be £20 per person. 

Do you think this is reasonable and what are other ships doing?

Brian

Depends. If they are paying for the pictures, then that's fair enough. If you like Buck's Fizz, ( and they are actually using Champagne, which I doubt), then it's a bargain. If that were the case, I'd pay £20 for the unlimited Buck's Fizz and the Buffet.

Sounds a bit "money grabbing" to me, why not just put it on for free so everybody can watch it. I would imagine a lot of people will spend money anyway. Its not as if it costs P&O anything to put it on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

As long as the match is available for free elsewhere - cabins or bar - I don’t begrudge them making this offer

That echos my view. If you can watch elsewhere then them offering a package to make an occasion of it is fine.

I’m sure some rugby fans would much prefer it to be in the pub with beer though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Rugby and Bucks Fizz??? 

I doubt it will be busy if it is free in other bars, so no need to rush 'making your mind up' 😊

Andy 

At least in the cinema you would get a decent view though, I suspect the bars will be very, very  busy.

On Ventura last week the semi-final was screened in Havana on big screen/all the tv screens and also in  Exchange. Very busy and a great atmosphere ebven though the ship was alongside in Cherbourg. There was coffee/tea supplied and also breakfast barms, plus the bars were open too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We are due to go down to Southampton to stay in hotel prior to a cruise on QM2 so have delayed our departure from home just hope there is no extra time.

A delayed departure is nothing, I have known family weddings to be put back by a few hours depending on what has happened in the Melrose Sevens far less a World Cup. Enjoy the match.

• Like 1

They showed the semi final on Oceana last week in the pub and the nightclub, and it was on tv in cabins. They also brought round free bacon rolls, but not enough to go round. The bar was open for drinks. 

The deal they're offering on Aurora is fine if you'll drink £20 worth of sparkling wine at that time in the morning, but a bottle of Prosecco is only about £20 on board, and there's so much food on offer anyway there doesn't seem much point in a buffet!