Roll Call

Simple, find the roll cal for your cruise and make a post. Introduce yourself, ask a question. Any posting makes you a member.  If you want to sign up for the connections party there is a link near the top of the page for each roll call that will take you to the sign up page.

On the main board https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

There is a section for Roll Calls: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/20-roll-calls/

That's organized by cruise line and ship.  Click on the one you want and you'll be taken to a list of threads.  Look in that list to find your sail date.

Here is the board for Celebrity Reflection rolls calls: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/572-celebrity-reflection-roll-calls/

If I wanted to join the one for December 9, I would click in that thread and post a message.

As you're navigating, DO NOT use any link that says "Find your [Ship Name] Roll Call" because that tool is broken and you may not find a roll call using it.

Edited by bEwAbG

6 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Simple, find the roll cal for your cruise and make a post. Introduce yourself, ask a question. Any posting makes you a member.  If you want to sign up for the connections party there is a link near the top of the page for each roll call that will take you to the sign up page.

Thanks for the quick replies!  I can get to the roll call but I don't see a way to post?  I see the recent activity?

7 minutes ago, stah1mr said:

Thanks for the quick replies!  I can get to the roll call but I don't see a way to post?  I see the recent activity?

At the bottom of each page of the roll call there should be a reply box that just click into and start typing....assuming you are signed int cruise critic.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

At the bottom of each page of the roll call there should be a reply box that just click into and start typing....assuming you are signed int cruise critic.

This is what I see.

image.thumb.png.98a53ce4597813444b1c63c109f6686d.png

Make sure you are logged in, you can't use roll calls if you are not logged in.  Once you are in the roll call for your cruise you should see the comments just like any other thread here.  Under the boards page click on Celebrity Roll Calls, then find your ship and click on that, then scroll  to find your sailing.  There are other find your roll call tolls  but this is the direct way. 

1 hour ago, stah1mr said:

Stupid question but how do you become a member of a roll call on this site?  I can't seem to find it.

Hi there & welcome aboard!  You've actually posted on our roll call already yesterday,  here's a link:

just make sure you're logged in & you should be able to post again.  Looking forward to seeing you on the roll call :)

2 hours ago, stah1mr said:

This is what I see.

image.thumb.png.98a53ce4597813444b1c63c109f6686d.png

You've accessed that roll call via the "Find Your Roll Call" link.

As noted, that link is defective.  You have to go to the Roll Call forum, and find your cruise line. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/20-roll-calls/

Click on the (Cruise line) Roll Calls link, and the scroll down to find your specific ship's roll calls.  Click on that link.  Then scroll down to see if your Roll call is there.  If so, click on the thread title and post on the thread.

20 minutes ago, Lindajoy26 said:

Princess changes our sail date, it’s now one day earlier than the Roll Call shows. Is it possible to edit the date in the Title???

Contact help@cruisecritic.com and ask.  They tend to respond faster to emails than posts here.

3 hours ago, Lindajoy26 said:

Princess changes our sail date, it’s now one day earlier than the Roll Call shows. Is it possible to edit the date in the Title???

Howdy Lindajoy26! emo22.gif

It appears you started another Roll Call thread with the new sail date instead of sending the email. This will probably cause problems with the Emerald Princess Roll Call finder tool that helps future Roll Call members find the correct Emerald Princess Roll Call thread for your cruise. The Roll Call finder tool has been out of service but was recently repaired... again. Hopefully it will continue working this time! 🤞 

At this time, the Roll Call thread Emerald Princess - 16 Day Hawaiian Islands 4-16-21 Round Trip From Seattle at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2706373-emerald-princess-16-day-hawaiian-islands-4-16-21-round-trip-from-seattle/ IS in the Emerald Princess Roll Call finder tool. The Roll Call thread you started titled EMERALD PRINCESS - April 15, 2021 HAWAIIAN ISLANDS (date changed from April 16, 2021) at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2707008-emerald-princess-april-15-2021-hawaiian-islands-date-changed-from-april-16-2021/ IS NOT in the tool. It is possible that the newly repaired Emerald Princess Roll Call finder tool will not allow two threads dated one day apart to appear.

It is best for you to email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record explaining what has happened. Be sure to include your Cruise Critic user name as well as the titles and links for the two Roll Call threads in your email. Ask for the thread you started to be removed, the date changed on the original Roll Call thread that IS in the finder tool and for the original Roll Call thread with the corrected date remain in the Emerald Princess Roll Call finder tool.

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny keys!

I have been unable to create a roll call for Sky Princess MAy 17 2020.  f you click on View members you are sent back to a screen requesting which ship and date you are looking for.  If you click on discussion you get it  but one person thought it was for the May 4 sailing.  The title box shoes zero members in the forum  I've been using CC for years and never had this problem

11 minutes ago, yliebert said:

I have been unable to create a roll call for Sky Princess MAy 17 2020.  f you click on View members you are sent back to a screen requesting which ship and date you are looking for.  If you click on discussion you get it  but one person thought it was for the May 4 sailing.  The title box shoes zero members in the forum  I've been using CC for years and never had this problem

I don't understand why you are trying to create a roll call for that cruise, as there already is one, and you have posted in it.  Are you having trouble locating it?  

You only need to go into your posting history to find threads you have posted to, or go back to the main boards page, scroll down to ROLL CALLS, click on Princess, then Sky Princess, and scroll through until you find the thread.  In this case, it was on the second page.  EM

27 minutes ago, yliebert said:

Sounds like you're trying access your Roll Call using the "Find Your Roll Call" link.  That link just doesn't work.  In spite of any reports that it's been "fixed".

The best way to find a roll call is by doing as Essiesmom reports.  Go to the actual Roll Call forum and find the cruise line/ship and scroll through the roll calls yourself to find yours.

5 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Sounds like you're trying access your Roll Call using the "Find Your Roll Call" link.  That link just doesn't work.  In spite of any reports that it's been "fixed".

The best way to find a roll call is by doing as Essiesmom reports.  Go to the actual Roll Call forum and find the cruise line/ship and scroll through the roll calls yourself to find yours.

Then bookmark the page so that you can get to it immediately next time.