Oasis - Nov 24, Dec 1 and Dec 8

I will post if I hear anything, but does anyone remember the timeline of the Navigator post AMP cancellations?  Like how far in advance did the sailings disappear for bookings and when did they announce it?

In all honesty I booked the Nov24 partially because of this potential..for me it's a win win if I get a full refund plus some FCC or I get tons of OBC if I do sail on an unfinished ship.  But I also live in Florida and can cruise often so this doesn't wreck my big yearly vacation like it may for some folks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TurtleCrossing1 said:

mine will likely by cancelled according to my royal caribbean agent. he is waiting word on my future cruise credits. i am looking at carnival or msc now instead for the same week

When is yours, and why?

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I will post if I hear anything, but does anyone remember the timeline of the Navigator post AMP cancellations?  Like how far in advance did the sailings disappear for bookings and when did they announce it?

In all honesty I booked the Nov24 partially because of this potential..for me it's a win win if I get a full refund plus some FCC or I get tons of OBC if I do sail on an unfinished ship.  But I also live in Florida and can cruise often so this doesn't wreck my big yearly vacation like it may for some folks.

I was cancelled on that cruise. It didn't disappear until the notice came 9 days before (maybe 11 days before) saying the cruise was cancelled. 

1 hour ago, TurtleCrossing1 said:

mine will likely by cancelled according to my royal caribbean agent. he is waiting word on my future cruise credits. i am looking at carnival or msc now instead for the same week

Will follow along here- please post as soon as you know. Thanks

• Like 1

On the social media site most frequented by the current US president, Royal Carribbean's official twitter is saying as recently as 55 minutes ago that "Oasis is resuming sailing on 11/24" and "No changes have been made to [these] sailings" and "This is just a rumor and there are no cancellations for Oasis."

The potential for cancellation was one of the main reasons why we opted for the November 23rd sailing on Adventure as opposed to Oasis on the 24th. Coming in from across the pond it would have been a catastrophe for us.

Fingers, legs and eyes crossed for all of you that it works out.

Hello All,

Am hoping this is just a rumour and all sailings still going ahead, have been looking forward to this for months... I was unable to locate the tweet mentioned above..

I have booked the  Dec 8th cruise including transatlantic flights and hotels directly with RCI. In the event of a cancellation will RCI refund all monies including flights and hotels ??

Tks

12 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Not sure about great but I am planning to do a “Live” report on the December 1st sailing. Until our big beautiful Lady Oasis sings a different song, we sail in 30 days! 😀

I sure hope you sail as I am on her in February and was looking forward to your review so I know what to expect😀

I'm in the same boat (ha) being on the December 8th sailing.  Waiting to hear more and way overthinking this.  Right now the two most likely scenarios to me are:

1) RCI really is having problems with the cabins re-categorization and took booking offline to sort it out.  As I've mention before I've been affected by this having a connecting cabin moved to a different deck.  It took them a long time on the phone to sort it out and they told me they were having a lot of issues.  So this might be possible.  But the big question is, if that is true why only the first three sailings?  

2) RCI isn't sure if the ship will be ready for the first three sailings and is putting a hold on bookings and keeping radio silent until they figure it out.  However I'm not sure why they would do this either, because it seems like RCI's standard gameplan is to keep accepting bookings until they are sure they won't sail.  

We won't really know unless RCI makes a cancellation announcement or puts the bookings back up.  Or if Oasis leaves drydock which I think is scheduled for next week?

1 hour ago, MacMarauder said:

RCI really is having problems with the cabins re-categorization and took booking offline to sort it out.  As I've mention before I've been affected by this having a connecting cabin moved to a different deck.  It took them a long time on the phone to sort it out and they told me they were having a lot of issues.  So this might be possible.  But the big question is, if that is true why only the first three sailings? 

I'm assuming the cabin re-categorization is related to how many people can sleep in a cabin?

Is there a pull-out couch shortage in France and it'll take 3 weeks to rectify the backlog? 😆