Encore - Live 11/2

TheDougOut

2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Oh my. Enjoy. Didn’t expect this. 

Me neither. Gonna enjoy every single post of this grand finale/big finish, even more than a VS Catalog. 

2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

I’m 14 and just stumbled upon a Victoria Secret catalog.  

Don’t you mean Sears catalog, I know how old you are. LOL.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

Doug and Sue, thank-you for bringing us along on this TA adventure.

Lisa spotted Sue’s purse in your embarkation photo.... I can only assumed that is is loaded full of Gummie Bears. 

I‘m here for the long haul.

4 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

This will likely be a slow start, as we get things in order over the next 24 hours for the CruiseCritic group events.  

We had originally booked an M8 minisuite, and our adjusted fare after the itinerary change was $2300.  Our successful bid to H5 was $3190, so our all-in fare was $5490.  This was an aggressive bid, as there were only 4 x H5s left.

More to come. Posting live from the Encore  11/2.  One last time...

What do you mean, one last time...???????

• Like 1

So looking forward to your review and antics. We are having some regrets about canceling this cruise but the Caribbean is really our happy place. Hope you and Sue have a fun time. Thank you for taking your time to show us around this beautiful ship. You guys really are the best!! Can’t wait to experience her December 1st and 8th. 

As predicted... a slow start, and most definitely not “live”.

Several people volunteered for the invite deliveries, which made for quick work.  I delivered the final one to room 12702 at 5:10 PM ...

1C052F25-2322-4AA9-AAE1-C68D6F0F8C89.thumb.jpeg.b2d3b629e07f13fa0a010a7b91d9aa24.jpeg

And naturally, the occupants opened the door as I snapped this photo.  I felt like an idiot, especially when greeted by name.

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

We then ran down to the Observation Lounge for the non-sailaway party (we’re not leaving until after midnight due to the storm) hosted by Victoria...

DC7DCA41-FF0A-4FE0-AC62-D6F288474648.thumb.jpeg.eec069e93c30d3e195883ed67f175389.jpeg

I have next-to-no photos of this, because it was non-stop conversation from person to person and group to group.  I’m not sure if I talked about this during the Bliss crossing, but these early days are funny because it’s impossible to get anywhere quickly.

At one point I tried to head over to the bar for a drink (my first since boarding), and by the time I was able to return, Sue had given up on me and disappeared.

As the party wound down, fireworks could be seen over on shore...

829AEF30-1A4E-42C8-BE40-85CF85A3BEF3.thumb.jpeg.7c8624abb6e0005547d5f8a03c07037f.jpeg

• Like 8