New Grounds Coffee Package Question

cruzysuzy

I copied the following from the Princess site:

• The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

My question is about the bolded/underlined statement.  Does this mean a single purchase coffee package can be shared with another person?  And does it mean that only pre-purchased coffee packages can be shared but not one purchased on board?

41 minutes ago, cruzysuzy said:

• The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

My question is about the bolded/underlined statement.  Does this mean a single purchase coffee package can be shared with another person?  And does it mean that only pre-purchased coffee packages can be shared but not one purchased on board?

No. The coffee package has unlimited brewed coffee with it which CANNOT be shared with others.

It also has 15 specialty coffee/tea type drinks attached to it that CAN be shared with others.

You would have to use your Medallion or Cruise Card to get the specialty coffee/tea for someone.

There is NO difference as to whether you pre buy or buy onboard.

The photo is what shows on the Medallion as to the remainder of your 15 specialty coffees.

CE2E511E-000A-4FCD-B7B5-B45BB614C39B.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bizzie07 said:

Sorry to be stupid!  What is complimentary brewed coffee.  If it's complimentary why do they mention sharing?

Complimentary as in "it's included with the purchase".

No sharing of the "free", "complimentary" coffee because they don't want you to stand at the counter and order 10 or 15 at one time.

Share the "purchased" specialty coffee/tea with anyone that you want.

You could (in theory) use all 15 punches at one time.

1 hour ago, Bizzie07 said:

Sorry to be stupid!  What is complimentary brewed coffee.  If it's complimentary why do they mention sharing?

Additional information

"but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser."

It means that in addition to the 15 specialty coffee drinks that you can get unlimited brewed coffee, specialty teas (Mighty Leaf) and hot chocolate at the International Cafe. Note that if you are sailing on a Royal Class ship coffee from grounds, and hot chocolate are available all day and evening for no charge in the buffet. Other ships have free coffee prepared from a liquid concentrate. Free hot chocolate is not generally available on other ships. Free teas, Twinnings, Lipton and some herbal, are available on all ships in the buffet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruzysuzy said:

complimentary means they don't cost so I'm not understanding their phrasing either.

I purchased a coffee card for my dad pre-cruise to Alaska for Aug '19.  He used them up buying one for him and getting one for mom.  They never said a thing when he would order two at a time.  YMMV

20 minutes ago, skynight said:

Additional information

"but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser."

It means that in addition to the 15 specialty coffee drinks that you can get unlimited brewed coffee, specialty teas (Mighty Leaf) and hot chocolate at the International Cafe. Note that if you are sailing on a Royal Class ship coffee from grounds, and hot chocolate are available all day and evening for no charge in the buffet. Other ships have free coffee prepared from a liquid concentrate. Free hot chocolate is not generally available on other ships. Free teas, Twinnings, Lipton and some herbal, are available on all ships in the buffet.

Forgive my ignorance, but where can I find out what a "Royal Class" ship is? I am sailing on the Emerald Princess next May and am wondering what class it is? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Kennact said:

Forgive my ignorance, but where can I find out what a "Royal Class" ship is? I am sailing on the Emerald Princess next May and am wondering what class it is? Thanks!

Emerald is a grand class ship. Some may call it a super grand or Crown class which was the first super grand. Royal class ships include the Royal Princess, Regal Princess, Majestic Princess, Sky Princess, and coming in 2020 and 2021 the Enchanted Princess and Discovery Princess.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kennact said:

Emerald is a Crown-class.

The Royal-class ships are:  Royal, Regal, Majestic, Sky, Enchanted, and the new one that isn't out yet, Discovery.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

No. The coffee package has unlimited brewed coffee with it which CANNOT be shared with others.

It also has 15 specialty coffee/tea type drinks attached to it that CAN be shared with others.

You would have to use your Medallion or Cruise Card to get the specialty coffee/tea for someone.

The photo is what shows on the Medallion as to the remainder of your 15 specialty coffees.

If you do not have Medallion class yet does Princess show your usage anywhere?

15 hours ago, LSUGranny said:

Can I go to the International Cafe and get two cups of coffee at one time?  Or would I be limited to one cup?

If you get 2 cups at a time, you will get 1 free and the other will be subtracted from the 15. If you get a grande latte in a to go cup + an extra glass cup to pour it into [I hate drinking out of plastic / paper] it counts as 1 drink. I'm a solo and do it all the time. (I'm not bringing my 20 oz ceramic cup on a cruise)

I purchased the coffee package for me on our transatlantic cruise this fall so I could get the hot tea from the International Café and DH could have cappuccinos in the dining room. He doesn't drink the freshly brewed coffee that would come with the package. It will work out for us to purchase the coffee package when we take cruises that are two weeks long or longer. 

Both my DH and I purchase the coffee package and some times I will order two coffee's and they put them on one card even though I have the second card in my hand.  We both drink Americano's and I like a Frappuccino so we never use all of the coffee's but to us it is worth it.  Since we get up before the sun and chickens the staff in the international café remember us stupid people on vacation that get early and a lot times they don't even take our card.  They say they remember us, who knows>

13 hours ago, LSUGranny said:

Can I go to the International Cafe and get two cups of coffee at one time?  Or would I be limited to one cup?

Tried this on the Royal a few weeks ago.   I was told I could not order 2 cups of free coffee at one time.      They quoted me an amount of time I would have to wait but now I can't really remember what he said.  He was nice about it and he did    give me the two cups.  

7 hours ago, skynight said:

Emerald is a grand class ship. Some may call it a super grand or Crown class which was the first super grand. Royal class ships include the Royal Princess, Regal Princess, Majestic Princess, Sky Princess, and coming in 2020 and 2021 the Enchanted Princess and Discovery Princess.

Thank-you for the information!! 

21 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

7 hours ago, denmarks said:

If you do not have Medallion class yet does Princess show your usage anywhere?

That is exactly what you will see on the Princess@Sea intranet website on a non-Medallion ship.

• Like 1

If it's that early and you are both in the room you can always call room service.   Or I suppose you could take his cruise card or medallion  with you for the free coffee at the IC if you are both in the Piazza.   I can't imagine   carrying two cups of coffee back to the room.