Frozen Drinks Question

Hey all! We are about to go on another RCL after several years and for the first time since the old drinks menus have been replaced with the new limited drink menus, which only list a couple drinks, especially frozen ones.  

So we have been compiling a list of drinks to try particularly frozen ones and we came across a frozen drink that has multiple different colors to it. Does anyone know what this one is called and if they still have it on Royal? I saw a picture of it on one topic on here but don’t recall the name, just that it looked delicious. Does anyone happen to know? 

And if anyone has any recommendations on frozen drinks to try that you have gotten on a recent RCL Cruise, please feel free to share with us as we would love to expand our list and try some new drinks. 

Thanks everyone 🙂 

25 minutes ago, 37645 said:

So we have been compiling a list of drinks to try particularly frozen ones and we came across a frozen drink that has multiple different colors to it. Does anyone know what this one is called and if they still have it on Royal?

Could be a Miami Vice...I think it's part Strawberry Daiquiri, part Piña Colada.  Very good and available on all Royal ships.

Could be a Miami Vice which is 1/2 Strawberry Daiquiri, 1/2 Pina Colada or a Love Connection which is a Miami Vice with Mango on the top. Other possibilities are a Lava Flow, Mango Meltaway. Either way I would say try all of these with Kraken Dark Spiced Rum and you will love all of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Could be a Miami Vice which is 1/2 Strawberry Daiquiri, 1/2 Pina Colada or a Love Connection which is a Miami Vice with Mango on the top. Other possibilities are a Lava Flow, Mango Meltaway. Either way I would say try all of these with Kraken Dark Spiced Rum and you will love all of them.

Love Kraken, have a couple of shots over ice almost every night while making dinner.  Dose wonders for a sore back.  Sorry to hijack, happy cruising

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Love Kraken

We ended getting all of our frozen drinks made with Kraken Rum on Harmony last month. Ended up buying a bottle when we got home and got some of the beverage mixes like pina colada,  strawberry and mango puree's. Mix in a blender with some ice and we had the same drinks that we had on board the ship. Cheers!

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We ended getting all of our frozen drinks made with Kraken Rum on Harmony last month. Ended up buying a bottle when we got home and got some of the beverage mixes like pina colada,  strawberry and mango puree's. Mix in a blender with some ice and we had the same drinks that we had on board the ship. Cheers!

You are indeed a salty salty Sea Dog. Keep the dream alive. happy cruising

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barb65 said:

If you like the taste of a frozen chocolate milkshake, then try a Bushwacker. Another great frozen drink is a Mango Meltdown. 

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

thanks for all these great ideas. What is a Mango Meltaway though? I haven’t heard of that one yet. 

thanks 😊 

Found This!

Mango Meltdown

1 1/2 cups crushed ice

1/4 cup mango mix( in grocery store)

1 1/2 oz Amaretto

1 1/2 oz Barcardi Oakheart spiced rum

Crush ice add mango mix and booze Blend until smooth. Pour strawberry mix on bottom and sides of cup. Pour in mango mix. Enjoy!

On 11/7/2019 at 5:39 PM, barb65 said:

If you like the taste of a frozen chocolate milkshake, then try a Bushwacker. Another great frozen drink is a Mango Meltdown. 

I second this, I usually don't do frozen drinks but this was a good "dessert drink". Another good drink as people mentioned above in a Miami Vice, it is 1/2 pina colado, 1/2 strawberry daiquiri with blue carocao on top.  

36 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Mudslide

image.jpeg.3d746ae914eb57ce8db30dbc208b386b.jpeg

This is my all time - 

- but last week between the wife and I, we also enjoyed Kraken Colada's (Pina Colada with a heavy tot of Kraken added to the top) and a basic Strawberry Daiquiri (very refreshing imo) 

Lava flows are good too - can be flavoured as you like 

28 minutes ago, PIR8LUVR said:

They may only offer these on ships that go to Coco Cay, but the Coco Loco is mango, strawberry, and pina colada. That and the frozen mojito are my favorites!

Thanks everyone! I have heard of the CoCo LoCo but didn’t know what was in it. Sounds good. We will be going to CoCo Cay so will for sure need to try it. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I find the frozen ones a little harder to drink now with the cardboard straws.  By the time I get to the bottom of my drink, the straw is always soggy.  I have to learn to drink faster  🙂

Yea those paper straws aren’t great for frozen drinks. I’ll be bringing reusable silicone straw to use instead 😊

Edited by 37645
  • Like 2

I told a bartender to "surprise me" on Majesty a couple months ago when I had the Refreshment (no booze) package, and he made me a "MasterCard" -- strawberry daiquiri on the bottom and mango daiquiri on the top (colors like the MasterCard logo).  

I'm a big fan of the peach daiquiri, and I don't normally go for peach, but it's very yummy.  

IMO, the booze takes away from the flavor of the drink so I prefer the virgin versions, but that's just a personal preference.

On 11/9/2019 at 7:39 PM, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I find the frozen ones a little harder to drink now with the cardboard straws.  By the time I get to the bottom of my drink, the straw is always soggy.  I have to learn to drink faster  🙂

I started a thread up a few weeks ago with regards to having bought 2 dozen metal straws ready for a Jewel cruise.

The thread makes interesting reading, everything from 'adults shouldn't need straws' to 'the world is going to end because we can't cope without plastic straws' - it got very boring that's for sure.

I'm sure they'd have been great for the job, IF i'd remembered to actually pack them ha ha ha ha

On 11/7/2019 at 4:39 PM, barb65 said:

The Bushwacker is my all time favorite, and although it is good on a cruise...it's not quite the same as a real Bushwaker (to be fair and honest).

On 11/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, molly361 said:

Mudslide

image.jpeg.3d746ae914eb57ce8db30dbc208b386b.jpeg

Now this is one of my favorites while on a cruise! Perfect dessert drink!

On 11/9/2019 at 1:39 PM, Canadian Disney Mom said:

That's why we bring our own straws these days~

• Like 1