Enough time to get to Sea-Tac after our cruise?

poeticlicensed

We are booked on the Solstice out of Seattle next June. I just got an email from United Airlines to let be know they have changed our flight out of Seattle to 11am. It was 11:30, which I thought was cutting it close but there wasnt anything after noon, I would have had to wait until late night and take a red eye (we are using frequent flyer miles, so choice of flights is limited). Our itinerary from celebrity says we dock at 6am. Not sure when they start letting people off. And I'm not sure how long the ride is using a shuttle. Will I be ok with an 11 am flight?

Airport is not that close to the cruiseport.  All depends... if you clear on time, day of week, traffic, mode of travel, security lines, etc.   We opted to stay over near the airport and fly out the next day last time we were there, awhile ago..   Our hotel shuttled us to  and back from a fabulous waterfront restaurant where we had a great dinner,,,excellent salmon.  Less stressful!

Airline should allow you to change b/c they gave you a difficult  flight time. We did that in Rome with  DELTA  .

If you don't change.,,hope all runs smoothly...usually does but you never know!

Suggest posting on port boards for better up to date suggestions/ opinions.

Never been to the port at Sea-tac.  But based upon multiple Europe and Caribbean X cruises.....Do unassisted walk off carrying all you luggage.  That should start around 7am.  You do not put luggage out the night before, but rather walk off rolling all your stuff.  

You will be one of the first off the ship and the port will be quiet.  Get a cab or arrange car service.  Do not wait for a shuttle.   

My guess (for whatever that's worth) is you'll be fine.  

What day of the week does the ship dock ?  As stated above, do not put your luggage out at night, request early walk off.  Walk off with your luggage and her right to the airport. If it is a Saturday or Sunday you should be fine, If a week day, it may be tight, but you should be fine.  DO NOT take a shuttle, arrange for a car pick up or take the first cab you can get.  

Thanks all. I called United and because they made the change to my itinerary, they were able to change my reservation to a later flight at no charge. I am happy I changed the flight, I don't like spending my last night of a cruise freaking out about postcruise travel.

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Thanks all. I called United and because they made the change to my itinerary, they were able to change my reservation to a later flight at no charge. I am happy I changed the flight, I don't like spending my last night of a cruise freaking out about postcruise travel.

Smart move...less stress! Enjoy your cruise 

2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Good customer relations. Celebrity could learn from this approach...

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Good move!  Glad you were able to get an acceptable flight.  It is just too iffy in Seattle to have a fligth time that early.  Even when we did walk off one time there, there was a huge back up on getting out of there, then we hit traffic and major lines at security in the airport.  We barely made our 1:30 PM flight ... although that was because every delay hit us whereas, normally anything after 12:30 PM would be perfectly fine!  

12 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

Never been to the port at Sea-tac.  But based upon multiple Europe and Caribbean X cruises.....Do unassisted walk off carrying all you luggage.  That should start around 7am.  You do not put luggage out the night before, but rather walk off rolling all your stuff.  

You will be one of the first off the ship and the port will be quiet.  Get a cab or arrange car service.  Do not wait for a shuttle.   

My guess (for whatever that's worth) is you'll be fine.  

No need to carry your own luggage off.  The port of Seattle offers a free service to send your luggage directly to your airline.  Just be sure not to miss the deadline to sign up for this on the ship.  I missed it by an hour.  😪  Then either engage a car service or take a cab to the airport.  The shuttles wait until they are full.  That will not work for you.

I see you've now arranged for a later flight.  Then you should be fine on a shuttle.  I had an 11:30 flight this spring, we ended up taking an Uber and arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare.  It's a hike to where the Uber/Lyft folks pick up, so I wished I had paid attention about the luggage!

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143