Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

On 1/4/2020 at 10:53 PM, DMRick said:

They had computers at the podium on the Regal when you came into anytime dining. The idea was they would ck to make sure you had anytime. The gal got overwhelmed and stopped checking. Several people had missed their regular early dining (slow tenders) and overcrowded our anytime.  They should not have been allowed, but that night it was a free for all. I definitely missed having a room card that night with dining listed. They gave us a card with type and time of dining listed on it but it didn’t say to bring it with you, so people didn’t. Long waits that night. 

Might have been a good night to try the buffet.

I just opened my Medallion box from China, with the medallion and the free case and lanyard.  I popped the medallion into the plastic case and noted that it would be easy to carry in my pocket like a cruise card. Then, I noted that it would also fit into a small Altoid tin if I don't want all of the extra tracking features and just want to use it to unlock my door and order a drink.

IMG_20200106_082402558.jpg

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Might have been a good night to try the buffet.

Hmm, so I should go to the over crowded buffet (because that’s where the people who were honest about missing their set time went, when one of our group went to look lol), try to find a table while the food I just picked up gets cold on my plate? No, not that night, although normally we like the Regal buffet. 

So I looked at the app again and when you click on the circle for passport it does tell you what to do although I had trouble aligning what they wanted me to do so I figured I will give it another try. The attachment that they sent me with a video to watch showed people ordering drinks at the pool and the nearest bar will deliver it to you and also ordering towels and extra pillows from your TV. If I am not mistaken the last cruise I did was Norwegian to Bermuda to NY and you could order things like that from your TV but it wasn't promoted as a big new improvement, just the way things worked on that ship which was rather large.

On any cruise I have ever been on including Princess there are people at the pool to take drink orders, no problem.

16 minutes ago, moresun said:

The best features,were the door unlocking, finding shipments, and the ease of boarding. I  carried my phone (used mostly for photos) DH used the large public screens.We liked the medallion. 

What do you mean by "finding shipments" or did your device auto correct the word shipmates to shipments?

1 minute ago, CruiseVA said:

I just fired up the App, before we were all grean for the cruise on 2/2/2020, now we have a red ! next to the Cruise Personalizer. I checked that and it's completely filled out.

I've noticed that the app can take some time to turn green once it is opened.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 4:33 PM, Daniel A said:

Are you sure your cruise is on a MedallionClass Ship?  You'll get that message if your booking is on a non MedallionClass cruise.

According to the Princess website it is. On Grande May 20.

My  October Sky Princess cruise is now on my app, so now I have to figure out how to take it off so I can add the Grande. Unless you can have more than one cruise showing at one time?

14 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

I just fired up the App, before we were all grean for the cruise on 2/2/2020, now we have a red ! next to the Cruise Personalizer. I checked that and it's completely filled out.

I have that problem as well. We have done a Medallion cruise and all went well with the App last time so I'm hoping this glitch will fix itself. Mind you the time taken to do the App requirements is longer than the time you save at boarding had you done nothing and just turn up.

• Like 1

On our last cruise I had loaded everything including scanning the passport - green all the way. When we got to the terminal to check in they said that I did not have my passport on it, so they needed to scan that again. No big deal, just took an extra minute, but, *****... Still a little buggy... We'll see this time.

10 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

According to the Princess website it is. On Grande May 20.

My  October Sky Princess cruise is now on my app, so now I have to figure out how to take it off so I can add the Grande. Unless you can have more than one cruise showing at one time?

I don't think you need to remove the Sky sailing,  It should be able to handle more than one cruise.  I see the Grand is not scheduled to be Ocean Medallion ready until March 29.  I would hazard a guess that you won't be able to add that cruise to Ocean Ready until the Grand is all set up for OM after 3/29.  (But that's just a guess on my part.)

We are in embryo stage for all things “Medallion”. We’ve downloaded Ocean Ready app onto our phones and done some things with it, but our medallions haven’t arrived yet.

I have a rather simple question .... based on something I think I read earlier.

Is it true that on the Medallion ships (Sky) you don’t get the daily Patter in paper form .... that you read it on your device through the app?

If this is so - (this is the heart of my question) - can I / should I download one of the apps onto my iPad if I don’t want to read the Patter on my phone?  Because I don’t want to read it on my phone. 

Is the app able to be downloaded onto two different devices for one person w/o running into any kind of technical problems? 

4 hours ago, WoodstockGirl said:

Is it true that on the Medallion ships (Sky) you don’t get the daily Patter in paper form .... that you read it on your device through the app?

The Journey View App will display different activities that you can bookmark now to view later when you are actually on your cruise.  The patter contains much more information than Journey View has, so I don't think they will discontinue the hard copies of the Patter.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:03 AM, bookmama22 said:

I also am a little bit creeped out by the idea of ship staff or waiters greeting me by name in advance-it is too casual for me. 

Really? I've boarded a ship, purchased a coffee the first day, and the very next day as I walked past IC I heard, "Good morning, Sir Michael!" We did a 28 day cruise and the second day of the cruise I was not only greeted by name in Wheelhouse but they had my folio number down pat and didn't need to see my card. Staff tend to learn your name quickly even without the medallion linking you to your info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Really? I've boarded a ship, purchased a coffee the first day, and the very next day as I walked past IC I heard, "Good morning, Sir Michael!" We did a 28 day cruise and the second day of the cruise I was not only greeted by name in Wheelhouse but they had my folio number down pat and didn't need to see my card. Staff tend to learn your name quickly even without the medallion linking you to your info.

I wonder if they salute and brace against the bulkhead when the Captain of The Rowboat passes by...:classic_huh:   :classic_biggrin: 

Edited by Daniel A
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

The Journey View App will display different activities that you can bookmark now to view later when you are actually on your cruise.  The patter contains much more information than Journey View has, so I don't think they will discontinue the hard copies of the Patter.

What about those who do not have one of those phones??  Will they have the hard copy Patter?

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

11 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

What about those who do not have one of those phones??  Will they have the hard copy Patter?

See above.  Also, if you don't have a phone with Journey View you can still see it at any of the public kiosks on board.  (I don't know if you can bookmark on them or not.)

We booked a cruise for March on the Regal. We completed the ocean ready information and were given an ocean order number and were told medallions would be received approximately 10 to 20 days before that cruise.

Two days ago we decided to book another cruise on a different Princess medallion

ship  the Caribbean Princess for February. We went to the ocean ready app  but it won’t let me request medallions for this cruise. So my question is will they send me two sets of medallions without a second order or will I have to pickup all my medallions at the pier as these cruises although on different Princess ships will be b2b.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

See above.  Also, if you don't have a phone with Journey View you can still see it at any of the public kiosks on board.  (I don't know if you can bookmark on them or not.)

Thanks...I missed that!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I don't think you need to remove the Sky sailing,  It should be able to handle more than one cruise.  I see the Grand is not scheduled to be Ocean Medallion ready until March 29.  I would hazard a guess that you won't be able to add that cruise to Ocean Ready until the Grand is all set up for OM after 3/29.  (But that's just a guess on my part.)

Thank you  again for your help. I missed that notation about Grand not being ready until end of March. I'll try again then.