Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

On 6/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, cjmayes51 said:

A simple question for Princess, if anyone who works there reads this: Do you make requests for Traditional Dining on your cruise thru the Medallion App?  
Charlie

Have you watched the Medallion Monday video's on you tube?  If so, you could ask your question, directly to Princess.  

On 6/20/2021 at 6:57 AM, Steelers36 said:

latest operating system, should be Android 11.

I know this is off topic BUT I have Android 10 and am supposedly up to date. Does that mean I can't update anymore? Is my Samsung S9 becoming obsolete?

40 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I know this is off topic BUT I have Android 10 and am supposedly up to date. Does that mean I can't update anymore? Is my Samsung S9 becoming obsolete?

Yes, you are up to date, but a quick check indicates the S9 can also support Android 11.  I don't see why a S9 would be obsolete already.

37 minutes ago, Ombud said:

You're supposed to be good with Android 10.  The MedallionClass app on the Google Play Store says the most recent version requires Android 8 and above.  The also give an e-mail address in some responses to negative reviews "Hi Alan, con­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­tact us at asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com so we can ad­­­dress. We will be hap­py to con­nect with you di­rec­t­­ly. When you do, re­f­er­ence this post so we can make sure to give your ac­­­count attention."

It can't hurt to give the e-mail address a try.  You can see more here:

MedallionClass - Apps on Google Play

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

You're supposed to be good with Android 10.  The MedallionClass app on the Google Play Store says the most recent version requires Android 8 and above.  The also give an e-mail address in some responses to negative reviews "Hi Alan, con­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­tact us at asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com so we can ad­­­dress. We will be hap­py to con­nect with you di­rec­t­­ly. When you do, re­f­er­ence this post so we can make sure to give your ac­­­count attention."

It can't hurt to give the e-mail address a try.  You can see more here:

MedallionClass - Apps on Google Play

I emailed that address and got no response 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

I have an odd one. When I entered the address for them to send the medallions I accidently put in the wrong zip code. It is more than happy to send it to the wrong zip code, however when I try to correct the zip code it gives me the message that there is not enough time to send it and directs me to pick it up at the pier. My cruise is in March????? LOL not really worried at this point but it is a puzzling error.

27 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I have an odd one. When I entered the address for them to send the medallions I accidently put in the wrong zip code. It is more than happy to send it to the wrong zip code, however when I try to correct the zip code it gives me the message that there is not enough time to send it and directs me to pick it up at the pier. My cruise is in March????? LOL not really worried at this point but it is a puzzling error.

When it rains bugs, it pours bugs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/22/2021 at 3:26 PM, Doug R. said:

Update: Now I get the white screen of death.

About ready to finally give up!

Like everyone, spending countless hours turning into days on this Medallion App, with numerous stops and starts, I was thrilled to finally get all my information entered and some of my husbands.   When I returned, I could not reopen the app.  My password didn't work, my booking# didn't work.  Got on the phone and after nearly an hour, Princess resolved that problem but we realized my information had become mixed with my husbands!  I now had my husband's middle name and birthdate!   15 more minutes later, that was resolved.  Next, I was trying to get him on the Medallion Pay.  Couldn't be done as I was told I was not "registered" on Medallion.  This made no sense to me as all my information has been successfully downloaded, but after 30 more minutes with someone in the IT dept. and going through several machinations, it was confirmed I was indeed "registered", but my husband could not be added to my credit card at this time, even though it can be done.  I  was merely told "try again in 6-7 days, it might work"!!!!   This was a frustrating experience not to mention a waste of time!

Hope it this app works by Aug. 22nd when we sail.

I'm bringing all my paperwork....let the Princess people figure this out in person.  I've tried my best, spent countless hours on a product that has too many holes in it and can't trust from one day to the next.

• Like 5

On 6/24/2021 at 12:56 PM, Condocat said:

About ready to finally give up!

Like everyone, spending countless hours turning into days on this Medallion App, with numerous stops and starts, I was thrilled to finally get all my information entered and some of my husbands.   When I returned, I could not reopen the app.  My password didn't work, my booking# didn't work.  Got on the phone and after nearly an hour, Princess resolved that problem but we realized my information had become mixed with my husbands!  I now had my husband's middle name and birthdate!   15 more minutes later, that was resolved.  Next, I was trying to get him on the Medallion Pay.  Couldn't be done as I was told I was not "registered" on Medallion.  This made no sense to me as all my information has been successfully downloaded, but after 30 more minutes with someone in the IT dept. and going through several machinations, it was confirmed I was indeed "registered", but my husband could not be added to my credit card at this time, even though it can be done.  I  was merely told "try again in 6-7 days, it might work"!!!!   This was a frustrating experience not to mention a waste of time!

Hope it this app works by Aug. 22nd when we sail.

I'm bringing all my paperwork....let the Princess people figure this out in person.  I've tried my best, spent countless hours on a product that has too many holes in it and can't trust from one day to the next.

Couldnt agree more, maybe I am too impatient, but I am constantly checking and rechecking , switching between logging into the cruise personaliser, then ocean medallion app, looking / hoping I can see something thats not making it work.  Its consuming my day.

I have phoned Princess three times now and told to wait it out but since I input all my data just over a week ago with nice green ticks I can now only see half the stuff and its gone back to blue.

To sum up I input passport info/ scan on board payment details, but now they are not there not even to edit and its lost the check in for my husband.

I am almost at the point of offloading the app and re installing - does anyone technically IT minded know if this will loose what I originally input and I would have to start again or maybe kick it back into life ?  

1 hour ago, B17 said:

Couldnt agree more, maybe I am too impatient, but I am constantly checking and rechecking , switching between logging into the cruise personaliser, then ocean medallion app, looking / hoping I can see something thats not making it work.  Its consuming my day.

I have phoned Princess three times now and told to wait it out but since I input all my data just over a week ago with nice green ticks I can now only see half the stuff and its gone back to blue.

To sum up I input passport info/ scan on board payment details, but now they are not there not even to edit and its lost the check in for my husband.

I am almost at the point of offloading the app and re installing - does anyone technically IT minded know if this will loose what I originally input and I would have to start again or maybe kick it back into life ?  

I guess I may have answered my own question.  I just went onto my phone to hit delete app and it said are you sure as you will loose any data stored within it.  So I have decided to sit it out for a few more days 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, B17 said:

3 minutes ago, B17 said:

I guess I may have answered my own question.  I just went onto my phone to hit delete app and it said are you sure as you will loose any data stored within it.  So I have decided to sit it out for a few more days 🤷‍♀️

The data you have entered to register for a cruise, including passport and photos and credit card are stored in Princess/Carnival servers and not in the app itself.  If you were to delete and reinstall the app and then sign in again, whatever data was saved will show again.  Not sure why you had been able to enter it all recently and then now it is gone.  What version of the App are you running?  If current, it should be working better. 

But, it is possible yours is a data conversion issue from Personalizer to MC App.  If so, you should contact the OCEAN Team and give them the particulars of your bookings.  Many of us have been fixed this way as they have to correct whatever is amiss in the system data.

• Like 2