Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

Just called Princess Medallion order line to try to figure out why I got an order for my medallion on the WRONG cruise.

Was looking at my first cruise and the app said I was in the 2nd cruise info. Didn't notice until I clicked on "order".

The email with the order had a phone # to call, so I called (waste of time since no one with answers is ther on the weekends), however the rep did tell me that the Medallion app is down for today (possibly tomorrow, too?).

So don't try to use it today - it don't work no mo'. At least for today.

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Do each of you have separate e-mail addresses? We had to set up separate e-mail addresses, even though we both use the same one. 

Yes. Our logins on the Princess site are our individual email addresses.

Frank, Thanks for the example. Found my reservations. It shows what I wanted for dining.

I wish it would show up on a home page  with all our info (cabin number etc), all on one page

Don't know how the bulk of people  cruising are going to navigate this without being on Cruise Critic.

It is easy to just ask for a table for two. Oops, answered this on the wrong thread.

Edited by san diego sue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Don't know how the bulk of people  cruising are going to navigate this without being on Cruise Critic.

They’ve promised to create a simple easy to use tutorial including slides. Although until the app works properly a tutorial won’t be of much use.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Daniel A said:

As an aside, how have you been feeling/doing?

Thanks for asking.  I am doing ok.  Got my second hormone shot a few weeks ago;  and they started me on another hormone treatment (4 pills an hour prior do eating).  I feel good;  one minor side effect.  It's hard to visualize doing this for the rest of my life;  but that's what it takes to keep me going; I am all in.  Have a Happy Fathers Day

• Like 2

This whole App is driving me crazy.  They (Princess) cant seriously think we are all going to be able to use this.  It has to have been written by some youngsters who think us dinosaurs are all to to speed with the latest technology.  My OH has an android phone its circa 2017, my son has just updated it for us to make you we have the latest sorfware or operating version on it.  Still we get the message this app is not supported by this device.  It does him just fine, he only wants texts and phone calls he doesnt feel he wants to buy the latest iphone.  Surely Princess cannot be serious that this is the only way.  Not for just now anyway with all the issues they are encountering with it, we sail in just over a months time.  I hope everyone is complaining bitterly to Princess about this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, B17 said:

This whole App is driving me crazy.  They (Princess) cant seriously think we are all going to be able to use this.  It has to have been written by some youngsters who think us dinosaurs are all to to speed with the latest technology.  My OH has an android phone its circa 2017, my son has just updated it for us to make you we have the latest software or operating version on it.  Still we get the message this app is not supported by this device.  It does him just fine, he only wants texts and phone calls he doesn't feel he wants to buy the latest iPhone.  Surely Princess cannot be serious that this is the only way.  Not for just now anyway with all the issues they are encountering with it, we sail in just over a months time.  I hope everyone is complaining bitterly to Princess about this.

Just a small point.  If you have had a certain Android phone and decide to update, I'd go Android again and not "the latest iPhone" you mentioned.  I would think more of a learning curve to switch mfr's.  If your son installed the latest operating system, should be Android 11.  2017 isn't all that long ago, but maybe it wasn't the newest phone then.  

My Samsung has operating system version 9. I did download the medallion class app. Seems to work. At least I was able to enter dining times. Have no future intention to purchase a new phone as long as this one works for family text and calls. Only other thing I use the phone for is car travel to an unknown location which is very rare.

Agree Princess needs to have alternate methods to enter immigration and boarding data. Airlines have this. You can easily fly without a cell phone. Back to paper fax or mail in forms and Princess completes? 

48 minutes ago, skynight said:

My Samsung has operating system version 9. I did download the medallion class app. Seems to work. At least I was able to enter dining times. Have no future intention to purchase a new phone as long as this one works for family text and calls. Only other thing I use the phone for is car travel to an unknown location which is very rare.

Agree Princess needs to have alternate methods to enter immigration and boarding data. Airlines have this. You can easily fly without a cell phone. Back to paper fax or mail in forms and Princess completes? 

For those without a smart phone, the cruise personalizer worked well for entering all the pre-cruise data needed to board.  Once aboard, those folks can use the TV and other data entry devices to do things.  We do not sail again until Aug 22 so hopefully Princess will restore the cruise personalizer for those of us that do not have nor want a smart phone.  I have talked tp Princess and told them this but of course got no positive response.  I suspect they are to busy trying to cram the Medallion concept down our throats.    It also seems like they are devaluing loyal  cruisers that have achieved at least Platinumn level.

Edited by tre72ow75

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Just a small point.  If you have had a certain Android phone and decide to update, I'd go Android again and not "the latest iPhone" you mentioned.  I would think more of a learning curve to switch mfr's.  If your son installed the latest operating system, should be Android 11.  2017 isn't all that long ago, but maybe it wasn't the newest phone then.  

What I meant was he installed the latest update available for that particular phone .  Im guessing it doesnt reach v11 - I have no idea what I am talking about though!

3 minutes ago, B17 said:

What I meant was he installed the latest update available for that particular phone .  Im guessing it doesnt reach v11 - I have no idea what I am talking about though!

My wife's phone is not very old at all. It's running Android 8.1.  The "newness" of the phone makes less difference than the model of the phone. Many lower cost phones simply never will get the newer OS. The app claims to work with 8.0 or higher. My wife likes her phone and has no interest in upgrading but it will never get any higher version of Android.

HOW does one make an Ocean account? My wife doesn't have a login and I can't find where in the world to create one for her. I made mine quite some time back and I use the same login info as I use on the regular Princess site. My wife's login doesn't work for the app. We've tried the "forgot password" route from within the app but it sends her a link that then doesn't work - probably because she doesn't seem to have an account.

Again, HOW does one make an account to use with the app?

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

HOW does one make an Ocean account? My wife doesn't have a login and I can't find where in the world to create one for her. I made mine quite some time back and I use the same login info as I use on the regular Princess site. My wife's login doesn't work for the app. We've tried the "forgot password" route from within the app but it sends her a link that then doesn't work - probably because she doesn't seem to have an account.

Let me noodle on this.  You asked OCEAN team I presume?

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, cjmayes51 said:

A simple question for Princess, if anyone who works there reads this: Do you make requests for Traditional Dining on your cruise thru the Medallion App?  
Charlie

Yes but be aware that the initial release of Dine My Way (DMW) is not robust and does not meet the promised specifications to replicate TD experience.  For one example, you do not get to pick the table size.  For another, depending on the limited inventory loaded, you may not even be assigned to same table size for the entire voyage.  I would say, do what you can with it now and stay tuned for future updates and fixes.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Surprise.....surprise.  I was worrying about the same issue and though I had the Medallion app down loaded, I could never get it to open up until today.  When I clicked on the first item previously, it continued to say "all hands on tech" but today, it opened right up and guess what?  My husband's name was at the top of the page right beside of mine.  I filled in most of the items except for passport and something else than went back, clicked on his name and filled in all his information.  Never had to use his account (that we couldn't get a new password for anyway).  You might check that out.  

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have sent email but have no reply.

Hi.

I got sidetracked with other things and now out of time.  Not finding the silver bullet.  

Have you tried approaching MC App as a new user for your wife and registering like a new account?  You have said pswd reset doesn't work.  You have said the Princess.com login doesn't work.

We do know that MC login and Princess.com login are supposed to be sync'd now. 

I don't recall exactly from your older posts mentioning this issue, if wife shows up as a companion on your voyages.  That is part of the battle.  If so, you should be able to see her info. 

I would like to think Princess system could figure it out if you add wife as a new user in Personalizer with a name and birthdate match. 

Otherwise, I'd say you need to wait for OCEAN team to get back to you.  Seems like no one else has posted with a solution.

Another option might be to try resetting pswd for her account on Princess.com and then try logging into MC App with new pswd.

I also forget if wife can get into MC App by entering Booking Code, Name, Birthdate.  That is supposed to work.

Suppose she gets in that way.  Now Tap on her photo and an overlay window appears "OceanReady Profile".  Tap on "My Account".  Then, tap on "MY Profile".  Up comes (1) Login Id, (2) Contact email, (3) Password, (4)Portal and Payment PIN, and (5) Security Q&A.  Once she gets to that point, check out the listed email and change Password.

Hope this helps and good luck.  Will look to see if any news tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Have you tried approaching MC App as a new user for your wife and registering like a new account?  You have said pswd reset doesn't work.  You have said the Princess.com login doesn't work.

OMG! I have never even seen the option to register. If it was always there then I am not only embarrassed but appalled. I just now checked and it is indeed there. Have I been totally blind? (For someone who did IT support for a ton of users I am boggled that, apparently, I never saw this option.)

I just now set her up as a new user. After maybe the 10th try it let me enter a gender. It still won't accept our address but we are making progress. (I really shouldn't even acknowledge your question or give my response as it is about the most embarrassing answer possible but... I believe in being honest. No matter how much it hurts.)

Of course she also gets the stupid "all hands on tech" message.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't recall exactly from your older posts mentioning this issue, if wife shows up as a companion on your voyages.  That is part of the battle.  If so, you should be able to see her info. 

Yes, I have previously been able to add her as a travel companion. For that function the booking number worked - although it only worked if I entered it in lower case.

Edited by Thrak

Due to the app crashing on my iPhone, I sent emails to the two addresses suggested on cc a week ago. I have had no response at all from Ocean / Princess. Not good customer service, others on here have reported hearing back. 
I have cruises booked with other companies and do not have any issues using their app on my phone, including doing all check in etc via their app.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

OMG! I have never even seen the option to register. If it was always there then I am not only embarrassed but appalled. I just now checked and it is indeed there. Have I been totally blind? (For someone who did IT support for a ton of users I am boggled that, apparently, I never saw this option.)

I just now set her up as a new user. After maybe the 10th try it let me enter a gender. It still won't accept our address but we are making progress. (I really shouldn't even acknowledge your question or give my response as it is about the most embarrassing answer possible but... I believe in being honest. No matter how much it hurts.)

Of course she also gets the stupid "all hands on tech" message.

Yes, I have previously been able to add her as a travel companion. For that function the booking number worked - although it only worked if I entered it in lower case.

We have all been there one time or another.  Looks like you have corrupt data from data conversion issue.  Probably need to wait for OCEAN team to fix it.  You have reached out.  I had also posted on their social media.  IDK if it moved anything or not.  I also rated the app on Play Store and then updated my review later on.

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

Not certain what an OCEAN account is. Is that the medallion app?

We had an issue. One of us could not access our Captain's Circle account on the Princess web site. Kept going through all the resets mentioned, but still no access. After calling Princess found out each of us had to have a different e-mail address and only Princess had access to make the change. Once the change was made we were both able to log in to the Captain's Circle on the web site. My log in and password transferred over to the app. Assume both would also transfer and be able access the app if we wished, but we only require the single access. Both names appear on the booking. Only one phone in the family.

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Not certain what an OCEAN account is. Is that the medallion app?

We had an issue. One of us could not access our Captain's Circle account on the Princess web site. Kept going through all the resets mentioned, but still no access. After calling Princess found out each of us had to have a different e-mail address and only Princess had access to make the change. Once the change was made we were both able to log in to the Captain's Circle on the web site. My log in and password transferred over to the app. Assume both would also transfer and be able access the app if we wished, but we only require the single access. Both names appear on the booking. Only one phone in the family.

Yes, email needs to be unique for each customer account.  @Thrak and spouse have own emails.