P&O drink package poor for wine drinkers

mickrory

We thought we drunk a lot (for us) this cruise, cocktails during the day, posh coffees, bottle of wine every night with dinner and drinks before, as well as at least a couple of night caps and after discount our bar bill was less than £400. 

Certainly wouldn't be value for us but I'm sure others would make it work. 

Andy 

32 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We thought we drunk a lot (for us) this cruise, cocktails during the day, posh coffees, bottle of wine every night with dinner and drinks before, as well as at least a couple of night caps and after discount our bar bill was less than £400. 

Certainly wouldn't be value for us but I'm sure others would make it work. 

Andy 

Lightweights!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I thought it tasted weird when we were on azura in May. Resorted to buying a bottle on board. We’d used all the ones we took. 

It does taste better after being in the fridge.At least we found that.

49 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It does taste better after being in the fridge.At least we found that.

will try putting it in the fridge then. 

we did take bottles with us but it was mostly for the kids. The water I had in the bars etc didn’t taste bad. 

33 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

We didn't like the tap water on board but found we could buy a 1.5L bottle for cheaper than 2x500ml ones and just fill the complementary 500ml ones up. 

Still don't see the  need to buy water at all.

3 minutes ago, newbie cruissy said:

Of course if you get the drinks package that started off the thread you can have as much bottled water as you like 😉

of course 

but I still can’t see the benefits of these drinks packages for I would guess 80% or more of people. 

I wonder if people get back and total up how much they spent and say oh yeah the drinks package would have saved us £X or oh no that drinks package cost us £X more. 

I’d love to know the stats. 

I definitely came out on top and never struggled to find something different to drink, I think I worked my way through the cocktail menu a few times. We never struggled to find wine to drink with our meals and found our glasses were kept topped up, my hubby possibly came in just below as he was mostly drinking pints but it levelled out with my cocktails, plus enjoyed a few costa coffee's and also the iced things they do (sorry don't remember what they were called) so with a few bottled waters per day we were quids in. On the other side we've done a couple of 2 nighters and our bar bill was about £60 as managed with the free coffee. So IMHO I definitely drank more as I knew I had the package than I would of done if I hadn't purchased it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stokie33 said:

I definitely came out on top and never struggled to find something different to drink, I think I worked my way through the cocktail menu a few times. We never struggled to find wine to drink with our meals and found our glasses were kept topped up, my hubby possibly came in just below as he was mostly drinking pints but it levelled out with my cocktails, plus enjoyed a few costa coffee's and also the iced things they do (sorry don't remember what they were called) so with a few bottled waters per day we were quids in. On the other side we've done a couple of 2 nighters and our bar bill was about £60 as managed with the free coffee. So IMHO I definitely drank more as I knew I had the package than I would of done if I hadn't purchased it. 

We have proved that we don't need it, but if we had purchased it, I would definitely make it work, pina colada with breakfast etc... 

Andy 

2 hours ago, Stokie33 said:

We didn't like the tap water on board but found we could buy a 1.5L bottle for cheaper than 2x500ml ones and just fill the complementary 500ml ones up. 

We do the same, but buy the 6 pack of the large bottles for about a tenner I think, then use our little squirty squash thing, lovely. 

I was staring at the squash for ages as it said 'concentrate'.... 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1