Why is Allure of the seas still in port?

• Clarea changed the title to Why is Allure of the seas still in port?

Oh thank heavens they are getting this propeller maintenance over and done with early.  I was a little worried when I first heard about the issue as my son and his girlfriend are cruising in early January on Allure and I wanted that maintenance over and done with sooner rather than later.  

3 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Oh thank heavens they are getting this propeller maintenance over and done with early.  I was a little worried when I first heard about the issue as my son and his girlfriend are cruising in early January on Allure and I wanted that maintenance over and done with sooner rather than later.  

This does not necessarily fix the propulsion issue that she has been having.  From what I have read that will require a drydock to fix properly.  

This may be unrelated or a band aid solution. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mugtech said:

Back in May on Adventure we were late leaving PE because we had to wait for Allure to leave first, Allure did not leave until 9:20 PM, we left at 9 :40 PM.  Word has it this will continue until dry dock.

Why does Adventure have to delay departure for Allure? Was Adventure at terminal 29 as usual? Allure would not be blocking Adventure's exit route.🤔

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why does Adventure have to delay departure for Allure? Was Adventure at terminal 29 as usual? Allure would not be blocking Adventure's exit route.🤔

Was what we were told.  At first hotel was only taking passengers to Adventure, Allure passengers had to wait.  Don't know if Air show had anything to do with it.  Another ship also waited to depart until after Allure. We enjoyed the Blue Angels, were late to Aruba, but stayed extra hours, all came out OK.