Anyone use the new "Priority Access" yet?

danak13

It was initially launched only for the Breakaway and the sky. Now fleet wide. I was offered it on the Breakaway for $99 for 7 night cruise but I see that they have already increased the price. I have 2 young kids and thought priority boarding and tender would be super practical for us. 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/priority-access-faq

HI, I decided to give it a try as well not really knowing if it was going to be worth it or not. There hasn't been much discussion about this program from what I have been able to find anyway so not really sure how it is working. Hopefully someone reads this post and enlightens all of us! We're going February 9th on the Encore so still some time to get some feedback.

3 hours ago, danak13 said:

I took a gamble and booked it for my cruise in two weeks but haven't heard much about it and if it worked for those who bought it.  

Let’s us know how it works, have it for 3/20.  Wonder if u can sell it back if you get upgrade to haven

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, miataman19 said:

What exactly is.. Daily Complimentary Standard Room Service Breakfast ? I don't see the word Standard. I'm assuming no Specialty Selections.

image.png.2b82fcb5cf2e007db13ca124a614b68d.png

Actually, that's what it's supposed to be.  Everyone already gets the continental breakfast free. 

• Like 1

I feel the same way. I took it at 99$ but definitely wouldn’t have taken it for 179$. 

As for the breakfast menu- that is precisely what I am trying to figure out.  What do you get that is extra? And I have to admit, when I purchased it I was under the impression that regardless what you order, there would be a 7.95$ charge. I had no idea that some items would be free of charge. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, danak13 said:

I took a gamble and booked it for my cruise in two weeks but haven't heard much about it and if it worked for those who bought it.  

I booked for Jan. 19 cruise on the Encore. It has shown up on my eDocs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bianca0917 said:

I feel the same way. I took it at 99$ but definitely wouldn’t have taken it for 179$. 

As for the breakfast menu- that is precisely what I am trying to figure out.  What do you get that is extra? And I have to admit, when I purchased it I was under the impression that regardless what you order, there would be a 7.95$ charge. I had no idea that some items would be free of charge. 

There is also a $50 spa credit for port days. My wife and daughter will definitely use that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bianca0917 said:

It was initially launched only for the Breakaway and the sky. Now fleet wide. I was offered it on the Breakaway for $99 for 7 night cruise but I see that they have already increased the price. I have 2 young kids and thought priority boarding and tender would be super practical for us. 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/priority-access-faq

Thank you posting this list of FAQ's. We did hear about this but opted for the suite so we could use Cagney's for breakfast. This isn't included with the priority access. If that changes we will save a bundle 🙂 as I would use this in place of the cost of a suite.

Have a great cruise.

10 hours ago, phissy said:

Wow, almost double from original price.

I actually was lucky and heard about it at the $99 price and thought it was worth a shot.  We have a tender port so I am hoping it will make that process a bit easier.  $179 is too rich for my blood! 

Just read the FAQs about this program.  I had been under the mistaken impression that those with priority access would get all platinum perks, including 2 specialty meals, bottle of wine, laundry, etc.  What is actually offered is definitely not worth $179, and maybe not even $99, at least to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danak13 said:

I actually was lucky and heard about it at the $99 price and thought it was worth a shot.  We have a tender port so I am hoping it will make that process a bit easier.  $179 is too rich for my blood! 

I hope you find the experience worth it, however, just think about those in the haven and those with Plat. / Plat. + status; they will be able to disembark before you.  The only real benefit might come at end of the cruise where you'll get special luggage tags. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.  

Good luck

38 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Just read the FAQs about this program.  I had been under the mistaken impression that those with priority access would get all platinum perks, including 2 specialty meals, bottle of wine, laundry, etc.  What is actually offered is definitely not worth $179, and maybe not even $99, at least to me.

If, for only $179, you were given all the benefits of a Plat. cruiser, it's likely NCL would hear from many pax who've cruised many times with NCL. I personally don't have a problem with it, however, having seen an offer similar to this a few years ago, it did not last very long due to the outrage of seasoned pax. 

Don't blame you at all for saying it lacks worth to you. For some, they might find it enticing which is exactly what NCL is hoping for.