Elite trade out for Coffee Cards - Interesting experience on Regal

bmc alabama

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

The terms of the the coffee card are what they are.

My guess is Princess doesn't feel the need to spell everything out for everyone or every situation.

Now that Princess seems to be trying to enforce these terms, it wouldn't hurt them to add: (terms and conditions may apply)

You are mixing metaphors.  It’s not the terms of the coffee card, it the terms of the Elite Benefits Page.

3 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

You are mixing metaphors.  It’s not the terms of the coffee card, it the terms of the Elite Benefits Page.

Not confused at all.

I was suggesting that they add the additional language in their mention of being able to swap out the mini bar for the two coffee "cards" on the Elite benefits page. The terms of the coffee program are clearly stated, and that's what they are trying to enforce.

Edited by CineGraphic

5 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Not confused at all.

I was suggesting that they add the additional language in their mention of being able to swap out the mini bar for the two coffee "cards" on the Elite benefits page. The terms of the coffee program are clearly stated, and that's what they are trying to enforce.

No, the Elite benefits page says nothing other than you can trade out the minibar for 2 coffee cards.  It says nothing about who can receive them (as most people wouldn’t need more than 1).

i agree, once assigned, then the terms of the coffee card would kick in.

Abother question then.  Is the Elite Member the only one allowed to drink anything from the minibar?

1 minute ago, bmc alabama said:

Abother question then.  Is the Elite Member the only one allowed to drink anything from the minibar?

You seem to be having trouble understanding that the coffee card terms do not need to be listed in the terms of the exchange.

It's up to you to know what you are trading for. Like I said earlier, it's wouldn't hurt for them to add in the exchange details that certain restrictions may apply, but they don't have to spell any of it out if they don't want to.

The mini bar has no such restrictions. You can share it with anyone you'd like.

6 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

i agree, once assigned, then the terms of the coffee card would kick in.

Captain's Circle says the following about trading out the mini bar:

"I’m an Elite member, is there a way to customize my mini-bar?

Yes, you can make changes onboard by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged; liquor can also be exchanged for beer. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only."

That answer clearly applies to the Elite passenger in your stateroom.  So, even you acknowledge that once they assigned the coffee cards to the Elite passenger then they became non-transferable.

Abother question then.  Is the Elite Member the only one allowed to drink anything from the minibar?  See below...

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

The mini bar has no such restrictions. You can share it with anyone you'd like.

It doesn't say so in the 'Elite Benefits Page' (whatever that is) but if you feed that alcohol from the mini bar to a minor, Princess has a lot to say about that elsewhere on the website.  Just like the terms & conditions that apply to the coffee package - it's very clearly spelled out elsewhere.  Caveat Emptor!

Update:  Just got back to cabin and had a message from F&B manager (whom Guest Services has e-mauled last night).

I now have the coffee card.  Said New Asst. F&B had misinterpreted policy (apparently he came from Carnival when a bunch of people on the Regal left for the Sky).  F&B manager told me Elite Member qualifies for 2 cards that they may assign as they wish to people in that member’s stateroom.  Said they used to just drop off the physical cards...

Doesn't change anything as we were getting 30 coffees regardless,

but he talked a bit about there being a lot of turnover on the ship as Sky rolled out.  (Apparently CD and a number of the entertainment staff went to Sky as well).

• Like 8

One other thing.  F&B said that they have all “suggested” to corporate to allow for minibar replacement options and formal night appetizer selections to be pre-made online pre-cruise.  Said it would save them a lot of work on embarkation day...

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

One other thing.  F&B said that they have all “suggested” to corporate to allow for minibar replacement options and formal night appetizer selections to be pre-made online pre-cruise.  Said it would save them a lot of work on embarkation day...

We were just talking about how we wished we could request the swap before boarding!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

Update:  Just got back to cabin and had a message from F&B manager (whom Guest Services has e-mauled last night).

I now have the coffee card.  Said New Asst. F&B had misinterpreted policy (apparently he came from Carnival when a bunch of people on the Regal left for the Sky).  F&B manager told me Elite Member qualifies for 2 cards that they may assign as they wish to people in that member’s stateroom.  Said they used to just drop off the physical cards...

Doesn't change anything as we were getting 30 coffees regardless,

but he talked a bit about there being a lot of turnover on the ship as Sky rolled out.  (Apparently CD and a number of the entertainment staff went to Sky as well).

Good news.  Consistency returns on one area.  Meanwhile I hope those who debated and fretted can now relax and expect coffee packages to be split with cabin mate.  Makes sense to me. 

(We no longer need worry about it as we are both now Elite, but still nice to know Princess F&B Mgr corrected it).

• Like 1

Can we add another layer to the whole question.  Our booking included complimentary Sip and Sail Premium Beverage Package (free) on the Sky coming up in December.  We are also both Elite members.  Does the Sip & Sail include complimentary coffee and specialty coffees at the International Cafe  in addition to the alcoholic beverages, water and soda??  If not, I guess I would have to trade in the mini bar set up for a coffee card.

1 hour ago, pink845 said:

Can we add another layer to the whole question.  Our booking included complimentary Sip and Sail Premium Beverage Package (free) on the Sky coming up in December.  We are also both Elite members.  Does the Sip & Sail include complimentary coffee and specialty coffees at the International Cafe  in addition to the alcoholic beverages, water and soda??  If not, I guess I would have to trade in the mini bar set up for a coffee card.

Yes, the Drink Package received with the Sip and Sail includes everything on the coffee package.

10 hours ago, steelers36 said:

If someone at Guest Services said never seen this before, then I would have inquired further or escalated to get an explanation. 

It was explained.

On 11/24/2019 at 10:10 PM, bmc alabama said:

So, I go to Guest Services and the agent calls Food and Beverage.  She is told that only my wife can have the Coffee card because she is Elite and they can’t put the other on mine because I am Platinum. 

8 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

I doubt it would be efficient. A number of cruises have over 1000 elite on them.

Which is more efficient on turn-around-day?

a) Putting identical items in 500 cabins.

b) Customizing what gets put into each cabin.

I bet if pre-selection is allowed, there will be a number of people who change their minds once on board and still need to have items changed out.

I think pre-cruise selection could be beneficial to both Princess and the passenger if they limited pre-cruise selection just to swapping the complete minibar setup to coffee 'cards'. A clean swap only. Many passengers do just that - quite simple really.

Yes, I think it would be easier on the crew to allow people to choose the complete exchanges ahead of time. I did that when doing back-to-back cruises, letting them know I'd be trading my second minibar for a bottle of wine. They could do the same for those wanting the coffee packages and all water package. 

Hello!  I wonder if you could come back and give us some idea how the dining and buffet and the entertainment seems to be, since some of these have moved on to the Sky Princess.   I am looking at our cruise schedule on the Medallion App, and it looks different than I think it used to.   I wonder if the head chef is the same?  

Edited by PRINCESS Sweet Pea