Ocean Cay dinner?

jdvmd

According to Bret's postings the Lighthouse bar/restaurant is supposed to be open until all aboard time.  I thought I saw some information about open times for the buffet but can't find them.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2666555-hype-over-ocean-cay-fizzling-since-everything-a-la-carte/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-57665494 

The scheduled times for the Seeker's Food Pavilion (buffet) is from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM. There will be two food trucks in the area that will be open at night but I don't have specific info on times. And the Lighthouse Bar is still showing open 11:00 AM to All Aboard time. Oh the Smiling Fish will be open late (10:30) as well but that is basically an ice cream menu.

Hope this helps.

Bret

P.S. The whole Yacht Club area will be closed down after dark which I imagine will cause some controversy.

Edited by cruiseguyinorl
Added YC info

2 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

The scheduled times for the Seeker's Food Pavilion (buffet) is from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM. There will be two food trucks in the area that will be open at night but I don't have specific info on times. And the Lighthouse Bar is still showing open 11:00 AM to All Aboard time. Oh the Smiling Fish will be open late (10:30) as well but that is basically an ice cream menu.

Hope this helps.

Bret

P.S. The whole Yacht Club area will be closed down after dark which I imagine will cause some controversy.

Thank you for the information. I was trying to decide whether or not to book the sunset picnic activity but then wondered if there was going to be food available. The Lighthouse menu is O.K. but very heavy with seafood and shellfish (I'm allergic) and I understand that costs $$$$ as well as the food trucks.  Wonder if the Yacht Club area is going to be where they put the picnic people.

From the pictures posted on a Facebook forum, the Ocean House, the Yacht Club exclusive restaurant/bar, is OVER THE TOP CLASSY.  Think fine club for British colonials in the Caribbean.  We'll be there on Monday. Can't wait.

Dennis

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

From the pictures posted on a Facebook forum, the Ocean House, the Yacht Club exclusive restaurant/bar, is OVER THE TOP CLASSY.  Think fine club for British colonials in the Caribbean.  We'll be there on Monday. Can't wait.

Dennis

Thanks for this, we're supposed to call at OC on the 14th and are looking forward to seeing the island (and the Yacht Club restaurant).

52 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Dennis

I"ve looked over. Can you cut/paste the photos please? The photo's I've seen of Ocean House look like a regular outdoor restaurant. Seating is outside and covered (very limited inside seating). This is ocean house. Unless I'm missing something it doesn't look over the top to me (maybe it's just our definitions of over the top differ?). When I think of over-the-top I don't think of servers in shorts (which is shown here). Nothing wrong with short, mind you, I just don't consider that atmosphere over-the-top. Have you seen different photos? 

image.png.a1fe9e16b64a129a5e28e2df825aff12.png

8 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I"ve looked over. Can you cut/paste the photos please? The photo's I've seen of Ocean House look like a regular outdoor restaurant. Seating is outside and covered (very limited inside seating). This is ocean house. Unless I'm missing something it doesn't look over the top to me (maybe it's just our definitions of over the top differ?). When I think of over-the-top I don't think of servers in shorts (which is shown here). Nothing wrong with short, mind you, I just don't consider that atmosphere over-the-top. Have you seen different photos? 

IMOO, I think the poster was referencing the British Colonial era which had outside patio dining (think Kenya, etc), but in a Caribbean flair, perhaps?? Looks inviting to me to be able to go from the beach to lunch and back to the beach...yaassss!!

8 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

11 hours ago, psmarkle said:

IMOO, I think the poster was referencing the British Colonial era which had outside patio dining (think Kenya, etc), but in a Caribbean flair, perhaps?? Looks inviting to me to be able to go from the beach to lunch and back to the beach...yaassss!!

I totally agree that Ocean house looks VERY inviting!!! But to me it's not "OVER THE TOP CLASSY" as described above. Probably just a difference of opinion. To me it looks like nice and relaxed like a typical restaurant on the beach in any resort area of any Caribbean island. Don't get me wrong, it would be a lovely lunch area :).

Initial reports stated there wasn't shade for dining, but the videos being posted do show plenty of shade in the Ocean House restaurant/bar area. 

I did see some photos of the inside of the Ocean House and it did look lovely.  The bar and décor were well done.  I think the poster's enthusiasm for the inside décor was because he expected a typical beachy vibe and the interior definitely has a more upscale look.  I will post back if I can find the Ocean Club inside photos. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nashna said:

I did see some photos of the inside of the Ocean House and it did look lovely.  The bar and décor were well done.  I think the poster's enthusiasm for the inside décor was because he expected a typical beachy vibe and the interior definitely has a more upscale look.  I will post back if I can find the Ocean Club inside photos. 

There is a great video of the inside posted on FB but those links won't play here and I can't find it on youtube just yet. Here is a still from one of the video's posted. It's lovely inside for sure.

image.png.b0e5e4265e9f39a84aeea53dae5ecbd6.png

PS: I just noticed you got on Allure the day we disembarked. Small world. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

22 minutes ago, marco said:

Considering what other line's out island dining venues look like....In comparison, I guess you would call this over the top classy.

Looking for wad to being there next month!

That's another great point. Compared to other cruise islands it could certainly classified as over-the-top (my reference point was to caribbean resorts so I do stand corrected). 

On 12/6/2019 at 1:56 PM, kelleherdl said:

Dennis

It is indeed.  You will love it.

I think they need to figure out a way to staff it with locals so it can be open more.  Maybe supervised by one or two of the ship's butlers.  The ship's butlers are run ragged trying to staff that AND the YC areas on the ship.  Would love to have it be open for dinner.  Would spend more time on the island if it were open later.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:56 AM, kelleherdl said:

Dennis

Hi there Dennis.  Make sure to report back as we will be stopping at OC in June.  Actually twice as we are on a b2b.  Enjoy your cruise and time with your wife.