18% gratuity on each drink w Deluxe Beverage Pkg?

cnoelle

Hello - I'm sure this is shown or otherwise referenced somewhere but I'm not finding it. I know that there is an 18% gratuity added to alcoholic beverage purchases but I'm wondering if that is also the case when you have the deluxe beverage pkg. So if we have the package and got a $10 drink, would we see a charge to our account of $1.80 or does RCL include gratuities with the packages? I'm assuming not but just want to verify.

You will pay 18% on the total cost of the package when you purchase it. 

You will not be charged the 18% when you use the package EXCEPT for any overage on the package allowance.  So if the package covers a $13 drink and you order one with a menu price of $14, you will pay $1.18 for that drink.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cnoelle said:

Hello - I'm sure this is shown or otherwise referenced somewhere but I'm not finding it. I know that there is an 18% gratuity added to alcoholic beverage purchases but I'm wondering if that is also the case when you have the deluxe beverage pkg. So if we have the package and got a $10 drink, would we see a charge to our account of $1.80 or does RCL include gratuities with the packages? I'm assuming not but just want to verify.

The 18% gratuity is added to the BP at the time you purchase the package not per drinks.

4 minutes ago, cnoelle said:

You pay the 18% upfront when you purchase the package, so no additional gratuity charge for individual drinks with the package.  UNLESS, you go over the package limit.  If the limit is $13 and you purchaser a $14 drink, you will pay $1.00 for the overage and the $.18 for the gratuity on that overage, so $1.18.

Dan.

If you see an advertised price of, for example, $57.00 pp/pd, you will be billed for $57.00 PLUS an 18% gratuity.  Tipping is not added on a per drink basis unless your drink is in excess of the $13.00 limit.  Then you pay the excess and gratuity on that portion.

Edited by CORKY_Q

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You will pay 18% on the total cost of the package when you purchase it. 

You will not be charged the 18% when you use the package EXCEPT for any overage on the package allowance.  So if the package covers a $13 drink and you order one with a menu price of $14, you will pay $1.18 for that drink.

Unless you are sailing from England where the prices on the bar menus already include the tip so if you buy a $14 drink you will pay $1!

• Like 1

I need to ask this just because 😇.  Seeing how we all know that it helps to get a little quicker service if the server knows you are going to give them a couple of dollars when you get a drink.  (They remember you and keep coming around.). What would Royal say if you told them you did not want to pay the gratuity when you purchase the package?  Do they make gratuity mandatory, and if so then it is gratuity or a fee. 

Sorry just had to ask, I do prepay the gratuity’s but with tipping such a fun topic I had to ask.

4 minutes ago, itsmeagain said:

I need to ask this just because 😇.  Seeing how we all know that it helps to get a little quicker service if the server knows you are going to give them a couple of dollars when you get a drink.  (They remember you and keep coming around.). What would Royal say if you told them you did not want to pay the gratuity when you purchase the package?  Do they make gratuity mandatory, and if so then it is gratuity or a fee. 

Sorry just had to ask, I do prepay the gratuity’s but with tipping such a fun topic I had to ask.

I don't think it's possible to opt out of the gratuity on beverage packages.

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't think it's possible to opt out of the gratuity on beverage packages.

Agree, I've never heard of anyone trying to opt out of the gratuity on beverage packages.  If it were possible I'm sure there would be countless threads on here discussing it.

9 hours ago, itsmeagain said:

The only way not to pay the gratuities on the Beverage Package is to NOT buy the Beverage Package.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, itsmeagain said:

As others said you cannot opt out of the 18% gratuity when you purchase the drink package nor can you opt out of paying the 18% gratuity when you purchase individual drinks on board.  You can choose whether or not you are going to tip more than the mandatory 28%.

14 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Agree, I've never heard of anyone trying to opt out of the gratuity on beverage packages.  If it were possible I'm sure there would be countless threads on here discussing it.

The bar prices on U.K. sailings were changed to include the tip because so many people were at GR trying to get the drink tip removed.

☹️😖🙄🤐🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1