How can you tell how many staterooms are left in a particular sailing

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

And also won't show the blocks of cabins that TAs are holding on to ....until they have to drop them just before final payment.  😉  They had to drop them early when the President's cruise was announced.  

For the most part TA’s do not hold actual cabins.  They hold space in a category.  Once available inventory is roughly equal to the amount of unsold group space then Royal will pull the inventory and the TA’s can continue to sell their contacted group space as category guarantees.

I had had also heard that rumour that Royal pulled back the group space however I checked that sailing multiple tines daily for over a week and no large numbers of cabins were ever put back into inventory.  A few guarantees came up every now and again but there was never more than 1 or 2 offered at one time.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For the most part TA’s do not hold actual cabins.  They hold space in a category.  Once available inventory is roughly equal to the amount of unsold group space then Royal will pull the inventory and the TA’s can continue to sell their contacted group space as category guarantees.

I had had also heard that rumour that Royal pulled back the group space however I checked that sailing multiple tines daily for over a week and no large numbers of cabins were ever put back into inventory.  A few guarantees came up every now and again but there was never more than 1 or 2 offered at one time.  

When I originally booked the 10/25/20 Allure sailing months ago, there were rather few choices and cabins available even then. Was very tough to find anything of duplicate to avoid having to change cabins on my B2B.  I constantly monitored every week, as usual, to check on price drops.  

Then, just after they announced the cruise as being the winner of the President's cruise for 2020...within a few days...a large amount of cabins suddenly showed up.  IMHO..the reason this cruise was popular in the first place, (and is why I booked it) was that it was the cruise just before the TA, making a nice B2B.  

So...not sure what to make of that?  🤔

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

When I originally booked the 10/25/20 Allure sailing a few months ago, there were rather few choices and cabins available even then. Was very tough to find anything of duplicate to avoid having to change cabins on my B2B.

Then, just after they announced the cruise as being the winner of the President's cruise for 2020...within a few days...a large amount of cabins suddenly showed up.  The reason this cruise was popular in the first place, (and is why I booked it) was that it was the cruise just before the TA, making a nice B2B.  

So...not sure what to make of that?  🤔

Sorry, I had the Presidents cruise and the TA reversed.  I was able to get a good cabin on the Presidents cruise within minutes of them announcing it.   It was the TA that I was thinking of in searching for a week and nothing showed up on that.  

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, I had the Presidents cruise and the TA reversed.  I was able to get a good cabin on the Presidents cruise within minutes of them announcing it.   It was the TA that I was thinking of in searching for a week and nothing showed up on that.  

No problem...Yeah, the TA has been showing off and on as sold out for weeks now.  Having the President's cruise now just before it...just made it even harder to find cabins.  I think the Royal Suite is still available.  😉 $$$

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

No problem...Yeah, the TA has been showing off and on as sold out for weeks now.  Having the President's cruise now just before it...just made it even harder to find cabins.  I think the Royal Suite is still available.  😉 $$$

16k plus per person as of an hour ago or at the other end there was an inside guarantee for just under $1600pp