Magnetic Hooks

broadwaycam

8 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Don’t forget them when you leave. I’m getting a pretty good collection from others that have left them behind. 
Got a nice big one two weeks ago on Liberty. 

Why not pay it forward and leave the magnets that you discovered in the cabin that were left by the prior occupants. Possibly that was the intention of the occupants prior to you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Why not pay it forward and leave the magnets that you discovered in the cabin that were left by the prior occupants. Possibly that was the intention of the occupants prior to you. 

I’ll leave the next one just for you.

4 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

It does not get flagged?

Not so far. . .  I do tend to over pack with my ultimate packing list. I have a packing cube with what seems like a million items such as pens, sticky notes, clothes pins, highlighters, and on and on. The couple of magnets I bring are in that cube.

8 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

It does not get flagged?

23 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Care to explain? 

Was just asking a question. Yet again people can't respond without just answering the question. I just know that some items the cruise line flags and holds your luggage in the special room. I guess maybe because I thought it might look funny on scanner. 

Edited by broadwaycam

1 hour ago, broadwaycam said:

Was just asking a question. Yet again people can't respond without just answering the question. I just know that some items the cruise line flags and holds your luggage in the special room. I guess maybe because I thought it might look funny on scanner. 

Chill out. I was just asking a question for clarification. We always pack our magnetic hooks in our checked luggage and our luggage has never been flagged and sent to the naughty room. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Chill out. I was just asking a question for clarification. We always pack our magnetic hooks in our checked luggage and our luggage has never been flagged and sent to the naughty room. 

Thanks for the response!

• Like 1

I usually put them in my checked luggage. I’ve never had a problem with the ship, BUT lately, every time I fly, my bag gets inspected by TSA.  Nothing is really moved, but when I open my luggage, there is a note inside that says my bag was inspected.  It could just be random.  But, on the last flight home, I put them in my carry on and my luggage was not inspected.  So, the magnets might flag the TSA somehow.  

I've never had an issue with the magnets I use. I've had them in my checked bags as well as carry ons without an issue. I've had conversations about it with TSA agents and I think it just depends on how things look on the screen. If it's obvious that it's just a magnet that's going for regular cruise use, they don't have a problem with it. I wonder do they pay attention to which flights may have cruise passengers boarding? Mine are pretty obvious because I bring them assembled so they're easy to identify...I get them on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V78S6SM?ref=myi_title_dp

39 minutes ago, clo said:

Can they damage credit/debit cards?

Please tell me you don't out your credit or debit cards in your luggage!

If your cards depend on the old fashioned magnetic strip, then coming into contact with any strong magnet would demagnetize them. If your cards are RFID, then it shouldn't be a problem. Best not to carry these magnets in your purse, either. They,re relatively heavy, by the way ( the large magnetic hooks mentioned for hanging laundry, etc).