Coffee Pot on NCL Breakaway

Fan4Fathom

We are sailing, first time, on the NCL Breakaway in 5 days. Saw something about having coffee pots in the cabins. I've searched the boards and cannot find the type of device they have. Can someone help please?  Is it a pod type?  Keurig or something else?  A regular pot maker?  Do we need to bring our own coffee or will the steward provide?  If so, what type do they have?  We aren't 'coffee snobs' but love our Starbucks.  Thank you!

Howdy Fan4Fathom! emo22.gif

Thank you for your post on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! 👍 

Since your inquiry concerns a particular cruise line, I have moved your thread to the Norwegian Cruise Line forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have or are going to sail on the Breakaway frequent this forum and hopefully will be able to help you.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication!

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

The regular cabins/balcony cabins have the flat pods, and yes your steward will provide. The coffee is quite acceptable although you may want to ask for extra pods. The cups are not that big!

Have I read that other categories eg Haven have Nespresso?

Edited by mlgb

27 minutes ago, mlgb said:

The regular cabins/balcony cabins have the flat pods, and yes your steward will provide. The coffee is quite acceptable although you may want to ask for extra pods. The cups are not that big!

Have I read that other categories eg Haven have Nespresso?

exactly and as for asking for one, on our last few cruises they have been in our cabins: we usual have a balcony cabin.. We also have had ice 

You will get an initial supply and they should be restocked, but once it didn't happen (because I left the do not disturb light on by mistake, I think). The cabin attendants aren't around 24-7 so if you NEED coffee (or need more than one cup)  before leaving cabin in the morning  I would ask for a few extra pods.

Tip..if leave that  red light on by mistake,  your attendant is not allowed to enter the room.

Another tip.. you can ask the steward to remove everything from the minibar. I was glad I had done that and had a stash of food (yogurts, milk) toward the end of our cruise when the "extra cleaning" started.  The less time up in the buffet, the better, and the MDRs were completely full then.

Edited by mlgb

11 hours ago, Fan4Fathom said:

We are sailing, first time, on the NCL Breakaway in 5 days. Saw something about having coffee pots in the cabins. I've searched the boards and cannot find the type of device they have. Can someone help please?  Is it a pod type?  Keurig or something else?  A regular pot maker?  Do we need to bring our own coffee or will the steward provide?  If so, what type do they have?  We aren't 'coffee snobs' but love our Starbucks.  Thank you!

You will get a Hamilton Beach single serve coffee maker. Your room steward will provide you as much coffee as you want. 

This is NOT a k-cup (which is the cheapest instant coffee, packaged in a plastic pod, sold for obscene per unit prices). 

You get the coffee options of Regular and Decaf. 

563B4AB2-3021-4F0F-AE0F-A45D0C66D8E3.jpeg

43C1EF18-E2B1-404B-A127-99E79E753A55.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Jesserose said:

Thanks for confirming that inside cabins don't have the coffee pots!

You can also get a carafe of coffee delivered to the room as part of the complimentary continental breakfast room service. It usually tastes better than the coffee you’d make in the in-room coffee pot.

Edited by dcipjr

3 hours ago, Jesserose said:

That's great - I thought room services had a charge so this will be a nice option.

Most room service comes with a charge these days, but continental breakfast (including coffee) is still free!

Enjoy your cruise!