Sunset Veranda 7 Day on Apex Pricing

vermonter16

DH and I will be sailing in a month.  But, came across the best price I've seen in awhile for a Sunset Veranda on the Apex with 2 perks for an all in price of about $3600 - but the cruise is with a nonrefundable deposit.  Not sure if we should book it or if there will be a better opportunity when we get on board.  I have been looking at prices for awhile and I think this is a good deal but I'll be honest - I've only been looking sporadically.  For those that are more versed and been paying more attention to pricing on Celebrity - any feedback?  Thanks.

I also want to add that this price is for a cruise for January 2022.  DH and I are very particular about our cabins so we never book guarantees, etc.  One can always get a better deal in that realm if they aren't picky.  Also - never been in an aft before but we HAVE TO HAVE a balcony.  Have been on Edge and LOVED the ship but was not a fan of the IV.  

Looks like a good price for a Sunset Veranda but only if you are willing to accept the terms of the non refundable booking. No idea what booking offers will be available on your cruise.

We had a SV on Edge..deck 7...lots of walking to and from, good exercise.

I rec a deck higher than 7...we were over EDEN and could hear some music.. we heard it near the bathroom  hallway  and  it was not  too loud.. On APEX we are booked in a SV  on a higher  deck.

I would say that's pretty good if you don't mind the nonrefundable deposit.  We got a C2 veranda (not Sunset) for 7 nights on Apex departing Jan. 25, 2022, for $3,964 with two perks with a refundable deposit.  That was with a Captain's Club free upgrade from C3 . 

I honestly didn't try logging in with Captains Club to see if it would make a difference.  I'm at work until late tonight so I'll have to have DH work on this.  I don't mind the nonrefundable deposit too much since I always book travel insurance within 30 days to handle any preexisting medical conditions.  I appreciate your input.

We just got off Edge this past Sunday...our SV was on deck nine...no noise from Eden, but it was the first cruise we were on where our balcony had soot.  Of course, that was also on the cushions outside the Oceanview Café and up near the Rooftop Garden Grill.  

I wouldn't hesitate to grab the SV!

I recently booked an Apex SV for February ‘21 doing the Eastern Carbibbean with all four perks and non-refundable deposit for a little over $3700. $500 OBC from Celebritty and $350 from the TA. It’s higher than I’d prefer to pay but it’s better than the approx $5,500 that was the norm for quite a while on Edge and Apex. 

4 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

Ooh, that's a really good deal!

Either call Celebrity or your TA, great deals right now on Apex.  We repriced our November 14, 2020 Apex SV today. The new total cruise fare is $3,854 including the 4 perks, $300 OBC from TA and $650 OBC from X. In addition we are saving $700 from previous price but it‘s a non-refundable rate.

Edited by Oville

8 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

I also want to add that this price is for a cruise for January 2022.  DH and I are very particular about our cabins so we never book guarantees, etc.  One can always get a better deal in that realm if they aren't picky.  Also - never been in an aft before but we HAVE TO HAVE a balcony.  Have been on Edge and LOVED the ship but was not a fan of the IV.  

How much is the refundable rate? You can always book that and keep monitoring prices to see if there's a drop before final payment.

6 minutes ago, Oville said:

Either call Celebrity or your TA, great deals right now on Apex.  We repriced our November 14, 2020 Apex SV today. The new total cruise fare is $3,854 including the 4 perks, $300 OBC from TA and $650 OBC from X.  We are saving $700 from previous price but it‘s a non-refundable rate.

I've been able to reprice my May 2020 Apex cruise 4 times since booking in August but unfortunately the SV is out of my budget.  I see Aqua class is now cheaper than CC which is very odd.

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I've been able to reprice my May 2020 Apex cruise 4 times since booking in August but unfortunately the SV is out of my budget.  I see Aqua class is now cheaper than CC which is very odd.

That’s great.  Personally I’d jump at the AQ cabin.

Edited by Oville

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I feel you pain! The Canadian dollar did not me feel good about paying just over $5100.00 for a SV. The 4 perks helped a little!

10 hours ago, HFX said:

I feel you pain! The Canadian dollar did not me feel good about paying just over $5100.00 for a SV. The 4 perks helped a little!

The SV is actually not that expensive but I'm already at my limit for what I'm willing to pay for a verandah. Previously booked an oceanview balcony then with the veterans day sale the price of a CC dropped below OV so decided to add the 4 perks for an additional $185 CAD. Was well worth it as grats alone work out to $145 for the week. Since then another price drop which I was able to get but it was just for a few hours. Celebrity planner said a glitch in system but I dont know how they figure out their pricing.

17 hours ago, lola2013 said:

We just got off Edge this past Sunday...our SV was on deck nine...no noise from Eden, but it was the first cruise we were on where our balcony had soot.  Of course, that was also on the cushions outside the Oceanview Café and up near the Rooftop Garden Grill.  

I wouldn't hesitate to grab the SV!

Yikes, soot on the balcony!!??  I just booked a SV on the Apex Transatlantic in May, 2021.  I'm planning on spending lots of time enjoying the view.  But will I also be breathing in soot? 

1 minute ago, JVNYC said:

Yikes, soot on the balcony!!??  I just booked a SV on the Apex Transatlantic in May, 2021.  I'm planning on spending lots of time enjoying the view.  But will I also be breathing in soot? 

Sorry if that was a bit strong...it was a very small amount and we were able to wipe it down quickly (chose not to wait for the steward to do it since we were out on the balcony very early morning).  We spent a lot of time on the balcony and breathing in soot was never a concern. 

Please don't hesitate to book a SV.  I have three more booked...no hesitation!

23 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

DH and I will be sailing in a month.  But, came across the best price I've seen in awhile for a Sunset Veranda on the Apex with 2 perks for an all in price of about $3600 - but the cruise is with a nonrefundable deposit.  Not sure if we should book it or if there will be a better opportunity when we get on board.  I have been looking at prices for awhile and I think this is a good deal but I'll be honest - I've only been looking sporadically.  For those that are more versed and been paying more attention to pricing on Celebrity - any feedback?  Thanks.

Sorry, but $3600 per person for a 7 day cruise is way too much.  We don't care about t he perks, but in any event with perks that is too much.

14 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Sorry, but $3600 per person for a 7 day cruise is way too much.  We don't care about t he perks, but in any event with perks that is too much.

I understood that it was $3600 total.  You are correct:  per person is insane!

35 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I understood that it was $3600 total.  You are correct:  per person is insane!

The SV for my Mediterranean cruise would be $3343 CAD plus the 4 perks would be extra. I worked it out would cost my friend and I another 1K. Not worth it I can turn the extra money into euros.  2 nights in rome pre cruise and 2 in Barcelona post. 

49 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The SV for my Mediterranean cruise would be $3343 CAD plus the 4 perks would be extra. I worked it out would cost my friend and I another 1K. Not worth it I can turn the extra money into euros.  2 nights in rome pre cruise and 2 in Barcelona post. 

I had initially booked a SV for my 11-night Italy/Turkey/Greece Edge cruise 7/2021, but it was very pricey. I contacted my TA about changing to a solo IV (actually my exact cabin for my upcoming Feb cruise), and she initially gave me the figures based on what I had, but poked around and was able to reprice it with all 4 perks and I still came out less than I would have with the initial pricing! It's port-intensive, so it was hard to justify the extra money.

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I had initially booked a SV for my 11-night Italy/Turkey/Greece Edge cruise 7/2021, but it was very pricey. I contacted my TA about changing to a solo IV (actually my exact cabin for my upcoming Feb cruise), and she initially gave me the figures based on what I had, but poked around and was able to reprice it with all 4 perks and I still came out less than I would have with the initial pricing! It's port-intensive, so it was hard to justify the extra money.

Totally agree. So many factors need to be considered before making that large of a commitment. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, vermonter16 said:

There are a limited (only 36) SVs on this ship. So, if you really want this type of cabin/true balcony I wouldn't wait too long to lock it in. Either go with the non-refundable deposit or pay the delta for refundable.

Edited by bkbarrym
  • Like 1