Free Pinnacle Cruise

alane10

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Are you saying that the inside cabin would cost more than $2400 USD?  Then you just get to apply the $2400 to the price, whatever it is, in whatever cabin it is.  (you could book the Royal Suite, and take $2400 off the price)

If the inside cabin is on a 7 night cruise, yes, you can cruise for free with your Pinnacle certificate. 

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, the inside cabin would cost more than $2400USD.  It us for an 11 night cruise and is not in the Caribbean.  (I thought that to rely on 7 nights without regard to price, the sailing had to be in the Caribbean on a ship more than a year old and outside of holidays) 

Some people think you must have a balcony, even if you are using the credit value.  My reading says no.  Like some other Australians I'll be calling royal USA from the ship to book as they make it very difficult for Australians to call them about anything. I don't want to be making multiple phone calls from the ship.  

3 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, the inside cabin would cost more than $2400USD.  It us for an 11 night cruise and is not in the Caribbean.  (I thought that to rely on 7 nights without regard to price, the sailing had to be in the Caribbean on a ship more than a year old and outside of holidays) 

Some people think you must have a balcony, even if you are using the credit value.  My reading says no.  Like some other Australians I'll be calling royal USA from the ship to book as they make it very difficult for Australians to call them about anything. I don't want to be making multiple phone calls from the ship.  

It no longer has to be in the Caribbean. Just 7 nights.

But back to your point...……………….  The $2400 DEFINITELY can come off the price of ANY cabin on ANY cruise.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

But back to your point...……………….  The $2400 DEFINITELY can come off the price of ANY cabin on ANY cruise.

Great. That's pretty much all I wanted to know.  I'll use my onboard open booking to secure it so I can hopefully utilise that.  Otherwise it will perish anyway. 

Thanks.  And thanks for the heads up on the 7 day ANYWHERE change.  I'll take a look at that for the next free  cruise. 

9 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I have a question - does the cruise have to be EXACTLY 7 nights or can it be applied to a cruise that’s longer?  It sounded like MichellePerth wanted to apply it to an 11 nighter.

You can apply the CASH amount to any cruise.

You can only get a completely FREE cruise by taking a 7 night cruise.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/18/2020 at 11:14 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Curious if the $2400 can be taken off a studio balcony.  Fare is over $2400.  Anybody familiar with this scenario?

45 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Curious if the $2400 can be taken off a studio balcony.  Fare is over $2400.  Anybody familiar with this scenario?

Hi. Yes the credit can be taken on any category, any cruise. You pay the balance. Actual T&C below:

17. The complimentary cruise is per household, and based on double occupancy and applicable to any cruise on which the 700, 1,050, 1,400, 1,750, 2,100 (extending every 350 Cruise Points) cruise points are earned or after reaching your milestone before the expiration date or the offer will be considered forfeited. Cruise does not include taxes, fees, air transportation and/or transfers to the port of embarkation or disembarkation; or items of a personal nature (including, but not limited to, shore excursions, gratuities, some meals and beverages, photographs, service fees, and medical service). Complimentary cruise includes cruise ship accommodations, ocean transportation, most meals, some beverages, and most entertainment aboard the vessel. Offer applies to 1) up to balcony stateroom categories on up to 7-night Caribbean sailings or $2,400 towards the purchase of a cruise at 700 or 1050 Cruise Points; and 2) up to a junior suite category on up to 7-night Caribbean sailings or $3,200 towards the purchase of a cruise at 1,400 Cruise Points and above. Offer is subject to availability. Specific cruise and cruise dates to be determined by Royal Caribbean in its sole discretion. Complimentary cruises are nonassignable and non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash. Cruise may not be upgraded, and no substitution by the Crown & Anchor Society member will be allowed. Complimentary cruises provided are subject to the terms and conditions in Royal Caribbean International’s guest ticket cruise contract. It can be withdrawn at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer. Travel agent commission will not apply. Offer does not apply to any ships in their first 365 days of service and holiday sailings. 

On 12/18/2019 at 10:55 PM, John&LaLa said:

I look at it as an excuse to book another cruise😁

HI John,  You are the man when it comes to Pinnacle  so I would appreciate    you expertise. We will either be Pinnacle in Dec 21 or the following month. Can you advise if in a junior suite the new 2021 rate will be 3 points or 4 per night.  Have 13 booked for 2021 in a junior and nine in 22. Thanks in Advance   and will be glad when you can start sending the sail out pictures from the house.   Nancy & Bob  The Villages, Florida

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, villager70 said:

HI John,  You are the man when it comes to Pinnacle  so I would appreciate    you expertise. We will either be Pinnacle in Dec 21 or the following month. Can you advise if in a junior suite the new 2021 rate will be 3 points or 4 per night.  Have 13 booked for 2021 in a junior and nine in 22. Thanks in Advance   and will be glad when you can start sending the sail out pictures from the house.   Nancy & Bob  The Villages, Florida

There is some confusion with respect to the Loyalty2x promo but at the moment it appears you take what you would have received and double it.  

Two guests in a JS would normally get double points but with Loyalty2x promo in 2021 that appears to be 4x the points now. A seven night cruise would therefore result in 28 points.  

Until 2021 is here and we all see how this is actually implemented I'm hesitant to state anything in absolutes.

2 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

I was just speaking with resolutions so I asked about a studio balcony as it relates to the free Pinnacle cruise.  

If the studio balcony is in the Caribbean then the normal terms of the free Pinnacle cruise apply just as they would for a standard balcony in the Caribbean - the whole cruise cost is covered minus taxes and port fees.

Once you move out of the Caribbean balcony scenario for whatever reason, the $2,400 comes into play for anywhere else regardless of the cabin type.  A suite in Norway, an interior to Alaska, an ocean view to New Zealand or a studio balcony anywhere other than the Caribbean then the $2,400 becomes like applying an $2,400 FCC to that cruise.  Taxes are port fees are always charged at full price and never covered by the certificate or FCC.

Sailing solo for whatever reason is allowed, you are not required to have your Pinnacle spouse on the cruise.  For this reason consider a regular balcony over a studio balcony as a solo for the bigger room and sometimes studio balconies are not cheaper than regular balconies.  When comparing rates do not apply C&A balcony discounts since no C&A discounts are combinable when applying the free Pinnacle cruise.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I was just speaking with resolutions so I asked about a studio balcony as it relates to the free Pinnacle cruise.  

If the studio balcony is in the Caribbean then the normal terms of the free Pinnacle cruise apply just as they would for a standard balcony in the Caribbean - the whole cruise cost is covered minus taxes and port fees.

Once you move out of the Caribbean balcony scenario for whatever reason, the $2,400 comes into play for anywhere else regardless of the cabin type.  A suite in Norway, an interior to Alaska, an ocean view to New Zealand or a studio balcony anywhere other than the Caribbean then the $2,400 becomes like applying an $2,400 FCC to that cruise.  Taxes are port fees are always charged at full price and never covered by the certificate or FCC.

Sailing solo for whatever reason is allowed, you are not required to have your Pinnacle spouse on the cruise.  For this reason consider a regular balcony over a studio balcony as a solo for the bigger room and sometimes studio balconies are not cheaper than regular balconies.  When comparing rates do not apply C&A balcony discounts since no C&A discounts are combinable when applying the free Pinnacle cruise.

I really appreciate your taking the time to ask about that.  It normally takes me about 2 transfers and 10 or 15 minutes before an agent is able to relay information to me after they've checked with resolutions.  I've never had a direct conversation with them.  For the cruise I'm considering the studio balcony costs $2550 and the normal balcony is over $3000.  Thanks again! 

6 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

I really appreciate your taking the time to ask about that.  It normally takes me about 2 transfers and 10 or 15 minutes before an agent is able to relay information to me after they've checked with resolutions.  I've never had a direct conversation with them.  For the cruise I'm considering the studio balcony costs $2550 and the normal balcony is over $3000.  Thanks again! 

I call C&A, explain I need to ask about my free cruise cert and ask to be transferred to resolutions.  They confirm my status and transfer me.  Easy peasy.  Just don't call the general Royal number, call C&A directly.

4 hours ago, villager70 said:

I just saw an email from Vicki Freed, and she confirms it is truly a double, so 4 points for a JS 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I call C&A, explain I need to ask about my free cruise cert and ask to be transferred to resolutions.  They confirm my status and transfer me.  Easy peasy.  Just don't call the general Royal number, call C&A directly.

Thanks!  Good to know 🙂

15 hours ago, twangster said:

It used to be "7 night Caribbean cruise", but it no longer is.  It does NOT have to be in the Caribbean to qualify for the "free" cruise.  It DOES have to be 7 nights.  Otherwise, as you wrote, it's just a $2400 credit against whatever fare you book.

You do not receive C&A points if it is FREE.  You DO receive points if you pay ANYTHING (beyond taxes/fees).

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You do not receive C&A points if it is FREE.  You DO receive points if you pay ANYTHING (beyond taxes/fees).

That's one of the benefits of using the $2,400.  For our JS in 2021 I'm hoping for 2x points on top of the double points in a suite.  That will be 28 points in our case.

During my talk with resolutions they indicated if this 2021 cruise cancels they will reissue the free cruise certificate for use in 2022.

• 3 months later...

With my free Pinnacle cruise on Quantum cancelled this week I called resolutions today.  They gave me until April 2022 to use my free cruise cert.  I went with a Caribbean 7 night sailing in a large balcony cabin on an Oasis class ship hoping by spring 2022 things will be a few steps closer to the old normal.  

Royal was very easy to work on this.  Previous deposits on a JS went towards taxes and prepaid gratuity with a minor refund due.  No points sailing in a free balcony but so be it.  

2 hours ago, lovelife said:

I got points for my first free Pinnacle cruise.  I sailed in a large balcony on Symphony and only paid taxes and definitely received points.

We did on first one, not on second one. 

No idea why the disparity. 

Will upgrade next one

• 5 months later...

What if you apply the $2,400 Pinnacle benefit to a booking with two cabins?  Does the lump sum go against the balance, or just the cabin for the Pinnacle member?  I think I know, but wanted to verify.

We hope to make pinnacle next year on the Vision ta next April hopefully if our booked cruises get the go ahead. Two questions is it $2400 pp and do you receive your crystal block mid voyage. Thanks 

20 minutes ago, nicben said:

We hope to make pinnacle next year on the Vision ta next April hopefully if our booked cruises get the go ahead. Two questions is it $2400 pp and do you receive your crystal block mid voyage. Thanks 

2400 is total. Should get block when they do Pinnacle ceremony