Farenheit 555 questions

We have cruised 5x on 3 different lines, but never tried specialty dining. Our son will be 11 on our August 2020 sailing on the Breeze. He's a foodie and we are thinking to try out the steakhouse. A couple of questions:

1. Is it worth the $? Thoughts on the food. 

2. Our son will definitely want to order off the adult menu. Should I purchase him as an adult for this, or since he will be 11 just buy the child and hope they allow him to order as an adult as he has been doing in the MDR on past cruises? 

Thanks in advance for your feedback 🙂

Standard menu: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/steakhouse-menu.pdf

Kids' menu: https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-steakhouse-kids-menu/

The Steakhouse has a kids' menu, but it's meh.  I think there's a 4-oz steak and a shrimp cocktail; the rest is kind of banal.  I think the kids' charge for the Steakhouse is $10.  It's $28 cheaper than the adults' charge.  Unless you're on a budget, just let him get the adult meal.  Being a foodie, I'm sure he'll love it, and ordering an upscale meal will make him feel grown-up too.

For a "best of both worlds" idea, show both menus to your son, and let him pick.  If he, for example, couldn't care less about smoked oysters or lamp chops, you might as well save some money.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 2

I find the Steakhouse Very Worth the Money. I've been on 3 different cruise lines and I always try a Steakhouse if the ship has one. I've enjoyed all my meals thus far and have no regrets booking it. I don't have any kids so I cannot comment on the 2nd half of your question. Since you mentioned that your son is a Foodie, I'd say give it a go and I don't think he'll be disappointed.

2 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

If he, for example, couldn't care less about smoked oysters or lamp chops, you might as well save some money.

that is only one app and one main out of a rather large menu, there are plenty of options, enjoy

1 hour ago, coevan said:

that is only one app and one main out of a rather large menu, there are plenty of options, enjoy

I know.  I used those as examples.  I was trying to come up with foods that adults are more likely to enjoy than kids.  I'm aware that there are more choices on the menu.

After booking a Carnival cruise, the first thing we do is make Steakhouse reservations. Most likely twice in a 7 day cruise. We enjoy the food, service and ambiance so much better than MDR it is a no-brainer for us! Our daughter, who is now 18 has been enjoying the experience for going on 10 years! Always ordered from the regular menu and enjoyed every bit of it. 
We have always in invited our friends to join us and never have any of them say they would rather eat in the MDR. Worth every penny to us all. We have had good, better and excellent experiences, but never regretted going there. 
If your son likes steak, and an enjoyable meal, he will love the experience. 
Take him and enjoy the meal! Pay the extra and allow him to order anything he wants. I am certain you won’t regret it. 

Edited by cruisinpips

On 12/22/2019 at 10:49 PM, jimbo5544 said:

We have tried most of the upscale dining on Carnival ships.  The Steakhouse is well worth the money and time and ALWAYS go to the steakhouse.  Great meal, def worth the price.

I don’t mean to go off topic but when is your next review?  Looks like you are not cruising til March? Seems like a while since the last one, unless I missed it.

54 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

I don’t mean to go off topic but when is your next review?  Looks like you are not cruising til March? Seems like a while since the last one, unless I missed it.

Guess my signature is out of date, we will be Legend 1/05, will be doing a review of that. Last was on the Sunrise in July, can post a link if you want, thanks for asking.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Guess my signature is out of date, we will be Legend 1/05, will be doing a review of that. Last was on the Sunrise in July, can post a link if you want, thanks for asking.  

I missed the sunrise review.  Yes please, can you post the link?