Double Savings Add On Promo Starts Today

wrk2cruise

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

They have added a "Double Savings" add on to the Sail Beyond Event starting today.  It might pay to check for a price reduction specifically if you have booked under the current promo.  It only includes sailings in 2020 and must be NRD.

Thank you wrk2cruise, saved $900 on our December Australia cruise.

1 hour ago, KAE27 said:

Thank you enormously for posting this.  After saving $1180 on our April Apex S2 cabin in the last promo, I was just able to save another $1000 with this one.  Unbelievable.

Prices are so fluid.   It’s crazy.  I usually can find group rates which change it even more.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Prices are so fluid.   It’s crazy.  I usually can find group rates which change it even more.  

For sure.  Makes it worth checking and re-checking.  And thanks again to the CC members who keep on top of this and alert us.

Maybe I just don't get it but I've followed every promotion for a specific Edge sailing since early November. I realize fares increase if a lower cabin (S3 gone, now you pat for S2, etc.). 

I'm already booked on a guarantee and am easily $400pp lower comparing like cabins with today's "sale" BTW, I booked 12/17 so I watched sales, booked and continued to watch sales. Perhaps I hit a sweet spot but it seems nothing more than a bunch of marketing hocus pocus. In as much as I've already made my final payment, this obsessive checking is nothing more than informational for me. 

1 hour ago, molemaui said:

Maybe I just don't get it but I've followed every promotion for a specific Edge sailing since early November. I realize fares increase if a lower cabin (S3 gone, now you pat for S2, etc.). 

I'm already booked on a guarantee and am easily $400pp lower comparing like cabins with today's "sale" BTW, I booked 12/17 so I watched sales, booked and continued to watch sales. Perhaps I hit a sweet spot but it seems nothing more than a bunch of marketing hocus pocus. In as much as I've already made my final payment, this obsessive checking is nothing more than informational for me. 

As you state it, 'hocus pocus'.

These sales are usually mainly directed for new bookings, yet it happens that those of us who have booked already can reap a few benefits from the sales, time to time.

Were one who is already booked approach this with the fact that they may not see any benefit(s) from the sale, then there is no disappointment or hocus pocus at all, if we do then bring on the balloons and marching bands.

From a recent sale we were able save a net of $700. The current sale is not aimed at our sailing so no worries there.. not dis-appointed in the least bit as we booked, originally, the fare at which we were comfortable.

Take it from that angle as well.

bon voyage

• Like 1

I checked pricing for our May 9 2020 Summit cruise..have to agree with "hocus pocus".  Others seem to do much better at this than we do..,

We  have a Deluxe Ocean  view  Veranda stateroom categ  2 A ,  on deck 7,   booked since Jan 2019.   The base price is $ 2349 pp; the deposit is fully refundable and  includes, 2 perks  $150 pp OBC and Classic Bev    (GOBETTER BEVOBC and SAILBEYOND SAVE).  We added the grats before the  recent increase. Our total with perks we selected and the grats is  $5, 536.82..includes tax and port charges,,

I just checked pricing under the new offer.  

A Veranda gurantee is offered at the "come on" price of $ 1999 pp...non refundable.

We have no interest in a guarantee cabin so that offer is not worth anything to us

For a set cabin ( not a great loation), non refundable deposit,  they offer pick one perk, they want $ 2029 pp...perk choice is  $150 p OBC   or pre paid tips for 2...I see no benefit with that either,

Other choice was 3 perks,  non refundable deposit,... The perks were unlimited internet ( we do not need as we are E +), $ 200 OBC and Classic Bev...  total for this choice is  $ 5058.68.  But we'd have  to add grats at the new rate for 9 nights,

Maybe under scenario 3, I think we  might save a few dollars, but not very sure about that.  We think  it's not worth possibly getting  a diff cabin,....and non refundable terms.

.  Does anyone think we should call tom?  Or should just hold tight and not play the game? 

Final payment is due 2/9

Celebrity: you make me Crazy!

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

As you state it, 'hocus pocus'.

These sales are usually mainly directed for new bookings, yet it happens that those of us who have booked already can reap a few benefits from the sales, time to time.

Were one who is already booked approach this with the fact that they may not see any benefit(s) from the sale, then there is no disappointment or hocus pocus at all, if we do then bring on the balloons and marching bands.

From a recent sale we were able save a net of $700. The current sale is not aimed at our sailing so no worries there.. not dis-appointed in the least bit as we booked, originally, the fare at which we were comfortable.

Take it from that angle as well.

bon voyage

I certainly see your point. Not real concerned about my booking. Once I book, that's it unless price goes down before final payment. Then it's somewhat easy to get an adjustment. I have only booked 2 out of at least 19 or 20 cruises that were not in final payment stage so I've not been in any position to benefit from a price adjustment. I like the spur of the minute trips and you often get a deal but not always. 

I was merely trying to point out that I checked out an S class on the Edge and continually checked back to see the price adjustment for the same cabin type. What I saw regardless of the sale was less than $50 difference if at all no matter what the sale was. It's like putting a new dress on an old pig. Bad analogy because the  Celebrity Edge certainly is not old nor a pig but you get the idea.

Happy Sailing!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, hcat said:

I checked pricing for our May 9 2020 Summit cruise..have to agree with "hocus pocus".  Others seem to do much better at this than we do..,

We  have a Deluxe Ocean  view  Veranda stateroom categ  2 A ,  on deck 7,   booked since Jan 2019.   The base price is $ 2349 pp; the deposit is fully refundable and  includes, 2 perks  $150 pp OBC and Classic Bev    (GOBETTER BEVOBC and SAILBEYOND SAVE).  We added the grats before the  recent increase. Our total with perks we selected and the grats is  $5, 536.82..includes tax and port charges,,

A Veranda gurantee is offered at the "come on" price of $ 1999 pp...non refundable.

We have no interest in a guarantee cabin so that offer is not worth anything to us

For a set cabin ( not a great loation), non refundable deposit,  they offer pick one perk, they want $ 2029 pp...perk choice is  $150 p OBC   or pre paid tips for 2...I see no benefit with that either,

Other choice was 3 perks,  non refundable deposit,... The perks were unlimited internet ( we do not need as we are E +), $ 200 OBC and Classic Bev...  total for this choice is  $ 5058.68.  But we'd have  to add grats at the new rate for 9 nights,

Maybe under scenario 3, I think we  might save a few dollars, but not very sure about that.  We think  it's not worth possibly getting  a diff cabin,....and non refundable terms.

.  Does anyone think we should call tom?  Or should just hold tight and not play the game? 

Final payment is due 2/9

It seems to me going w scenario 3 puts you about ahead about $258 overall compared to where you are at today.  

So ask yourself this; is what amounts to a 5% savings of your total worth losing 5 weeks more time of a refundable window?  

Just to show my math; it looks like you are $478 difference between the two bookings.  Your current booking includes grats, the new one would not.  Round numbers; $30 per day grats for 2 ppl; 9 days; $270.  

478-270= 208+ $50 more OBC. 

So the bottom line is $258 to your favor if switch to Non-Refundable today versus 5 weeks more of flexibility to cancel. 

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Final payment is due 2/9

Call - what is the reason to leave $450+ on the table with X, if you do not have to?

bon voyage

• Like 1

Such sleight of hand they use.  Booked about four months ago for trans Pacific - C1 Aft facing, two perks $3193 total (solo passenger).  Today with one perk C1 not aft facing came to $3449.  Non refundable deposit in both cases.

But to OP, thanks for the heads up!

Donna

Our travel agent called us yesterday with this offer. We have a cruise out of Dublin on May 8 and by choosing non-refundable, we were able to save $860. Since final payment is in 5 weeks, and we have insurance, we felt it was worth it.

Edited by Gia2cats
misspelling
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Call - what is the reason to leave $450+ on the table with X, if you do not have to?

bon voyage

Actually,  .,after our  next 3  booked cruises, we  have decided to leave Celebrity on the table until more simple pricing returns! This is not any  rational way to book a vacation!

6 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

It seems to me going w scenario 3 puts you about ahead about $258 overall compared to where you are at today.  

So ask yourself this; is what amounts to a 5% savings of your total worth losing 5 weeks more time of a refundable window?  

Just to show my math; it looks like you are $478 difference between the two bookings.  Your current booking includes grats, the new one would not.  Round numbers; $30 per day grats for 2 ppl; 9 days; $270.  

478-270= 208+ $50 more OBC. 

So the bottom line is $258 to your favor if switch to Non-Refundable today versus 5 weeks more of flexibility to cancel. 

Thanks for the math, I aporeciate your efforts,,,...

dtr has hi risk pregnancy  going on, so not worth it...and we are both srs,,,you never know.!

As mentioned we are just tired of the  X games!