Oasis sailed Dec. 22-29. Your thoughts?

17 minutes ago, CruisingMomma88 said:

I was hoping to get an idea as the what (those who sailed that week) thought. I don't want to create any bias by posting my thoughts first. Hope that makes sense. 

🙂

Not really

18 minutes ago, CruisingMomma88 said:

I was hoping to get an idea as the what (those who sailed that week) thought. I don't want to create any bias by posting my thoughts first. Hope that makes sense. 

🙂

But you already have created a bias. It's human nature if a person really like something they readily talk about it. However, if they didn't like it but are unsure if others feel the same or if what they had issues with is really worth complaining about, they are hesitant to voice their displeasure. So they solicit others opinions first.

So I would think your cruise did not live up to your expectations. 🤨    

• Like 1

Please review before final payment is due in two months!  I am planning on this being as fun as the Allure last year (but with even more fun family things to do together)!  If it is a fail, I will be the fall guy. 😕 At least if I find out the bad stuff now, I can try to book a different cruise on Harmony or Symphony if I think the negatives will be a game changer.

Edited by jp2746

It really amazes me that there is so much snarkiness on this board. I now recall why I hadn't posted in years. 

I thought it would be interesting to review this way just for fun. To intimate that I did not enjoy my cruise is presumptuous. 

If you have nothing better to do than comment on my posting this, then move along. No one needs snarkiness and you're taking up space. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruisingMomma88 said:

Have a blast. She's a gorgeous ship. Looking forward to your review.

Looking forward to seeing all the changes. We sailed her a ton pre amplification.

Really looking forward to the new Aqua show as well as the revised version of CATS.

Was One Sky any good? Haven't heard much about that

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We sail in 10 days. I'll post while on the ship. Good or Bad

We were on December 15-22 and it was amazing top to bottom. Now John, I will disappoint you in that for us it was amazing in that we did not suffer through Cats, but enjoyed the ship amenities.  It will be extra special for you because of Cats.  The new show One Sky was "interesting". Excellent performers, strange performance.  Still enjoyed it even though I did not understand it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

The new show One Sky was "interesting". Excellent performers, strange performance.  Still enjoyed it even though I did not understand it.

Almost sounds like a CATS review😉

• Haha 1

My family had an awesome time! This was my first time on an Oasis class ship and we loved her! It didn’t seem like we were cruising with more people. We are used to cruising during the holidays. 

Our interior cabins were in a small hallway on Deck 8 forward and we loved the location and strolling through Central Park daily. Our stateroom attendant Bob was awesome! 

The food we ordered in the dining room was all good and servers were excellent. We did My Time and only had the same servers twice (Day 5 and 7). Everyone was excellent. we also had lunch in the dining room on two sea days. We didn’t do any specialty restaurants this time. We did fine in Park Cafe, Windjammer, Dog House, and El Loco Fresh.

We thought the performers in the shows were great and the shows were well-done. Our favorite was Aqua 80. 

We loved the Beatlemaniacs in the Music Hall and the midnight party on the 1st night. The washy washy guy on Deck 3 of the dining room was awesome with his nightly costumes and dancing. 

I was bummed the weather caused our excursion cancellation in St. Thomas because I had never been there before. But we found a local grill and the Painkillers eased our disappointment. It was also our first time at Labadee and we enjoyed our bungalow at Columbus Cove. 

we loved the ship so much we are booked on Allure for Christmas when she comes to our home port of Galveston.

48 minutes ago, MellowMel said:

My family had an awesome time! This was my first time on an Oasis class ship and we loved her! It didn’t seem like we were cruising with more people. We are used to cruising during the holidays. 

Our interior cabins were in a small hallway on Deck 8 forward and we loved the location and strolling through Central Park daily. Our stateroom attendant Bob was awesome! 

The food we ordered in the dining room was all good and servers were excellent. We did My Time and only had the same servers twice (Day 5 and 7). Everyone was excellent. we also had lunch in the dining room on two sea days. We didn’t do any specialty restaurants this time. We did fine in Park Cafe, Windjammer, Dog House, and El Loco Fresh.

We thought the performers in the shows were great and the shows were well-done. Our favorite was Aqua 80. 

We loved the Beatlemaniacs in the Music Hall and the midnight party on the 1st night. The washy washy guy on Deck 3 of the dining room was awesome with his nightly costumes and dancing. 

I was bummed the weather caused our excursion cancellation in St. Thomas because I had never been there before. But we found a local grill and the Painkillers eased our disappointment. It was also our first time at Labadee and we enjoyed our bungalow at Columbus Cove. 

we loved the ship so much we are booked on Allure for Christmas when she comes to our home port of Galveston.

We were on-board as well.  Loved the cruise.  We’ve been doing Christmas cruises for the past 8 years, the Past 4 on Oasis class.

Loved the new ship.  Portside BBQ is a winner.  We ate there 6 times, tons of food.  You could easily share a 3 meat dinner between 2 people.  The escape room was a lot of fun and we also like the Aqua show the best.  It was nice to see that they kept the sand artist for the ice show.  Sorry John, not a Cats review.

The crew was fantastic.  Everyone (with the exception of the DL concierge) we encountered was super friendly and it didn’t take the bartenders long to learn our drink orders.

We have Oasis booked again for next Christmas and I just booked the Allure for Christmas 2021.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The crew was fantastic.  Everyone (with the exception of the DL concierge) we encountered was super friendly and it didn’t take the bartenders long to learn our drink orders.

We have Oasis booked again for next Christmas and I just booked the Allure for Christmas 2021.

Agree with the assessment of DL concierge! Didn’t see her out of her seat until the last night. 

My family is also booked on Allure for Christmas 2021!

10 minutes ago, MellowMel said:

Agree with the assessment of DL concierge! Didn’t see her out of her seat until the last night. 

Do you recall her name?

10 minutes ago, MellowMel said:

See you on board.

This will be our first sailing from Galveston.  We will be driving so will end up staying just outside of Houston the night before then driving to the port and parking there.

• Like 1

One Sky is like many other Royal in house original productions.  If you are expecting to be told a story with an obvious plot and easy to follow story line that isn't most Royal in house productions.  

One Sky re-uses many set pieces from Come Fly with Me. So if you have seen Come Fly With Me you'll recognize some of the set.  

It's a collection of short segments that have many enjoyable theatrical moments. It's a little preachy at times -You are spending too much time on your smartphone.  You need to take better care of the earth, etc... but overall it's a fine show as long as you are not expecting a TV show like drama with a clear and consistent plot line for the overall production.