Fake e-mail from ’Celebrity’?

Jorg_

We’re on Edge on Jan 5. One of our friends going with us got an e-mail today that looked to be from Celebrity. It had her complete name, ship and departure date.

The  e-mail said that ”your ship leaves soon and you’re not on it” and a button to click: ”Complete booking”. When clicking, you got to a page to select the number of staterooms you want.

But they have a booking, and they have checked in and they have printed their x-press passes.

Called Celebrity and they confirmed everything OK with their booking. Celebrity did not understand the e-mail our friend had got and asked for it to be forwarded to them so they could take it with the security departement.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thank you for your quick replies. Not really fake e-mails then. Just annoying. 
But a bit strange that the person at Celebrity had no idea and wanted to take it further to their security department.

2 minutes ago, Jorg_ said:

But a bit strange that the person at Celebrity had no idea and wanted to take it further to their security department.

That doesn't surprise me. Pretty much status quo. 

• Like 1

I freaked out a few days ago.... I had done a mock booking to see if prices had come down on a cruise I had booked for next December. The next day I got an email from Celebrity confirming my booking along with the documents. I feared that somehow I had booked when I was looking at prices... but in inspecting the paperwork... it was the same booking number and cabin number as my original reservation. They had just modified the invoice to reflect the 4 perks I had gotten earlier....  so all was okay... but for about 5 minutes I was worried that I had somehow double booked the cruise... despite not entering any payment info....

I've received it too while checking prices.  One time I really was scared when I put a cabin on hold because I saw a better one come up for a booked cruise.  I called Celebrity to switch to that cabin.  They never released the hold even know they pulled the cabin.  When the hold expired I received a booking confirmation for a cancelled cruise with $0.  I thought X had cancelled my cruise.  I didn't notice the different reservation no. but only noticed that the ship/saildate/cabin were the same.   Boy was I scared for a few minutes 😢

When I am doing a mock booking to check prices I don't sign into my Celebrity account and I never get a email or booking confirmation.  When I have been signed in and did a mock booking then I got the emails.

5 hours ago, Jorg_ said:

Not at all.  Can you imagine them trying to explain it was only a marketing bot?  Of course they have to say they don't understand and refer it.