How much weight do you gain ?

beachmad123

It’s not unusual for me to gain a stone on a 7 day cruise, particularly if we have enjoyed many cocktails and lovely desserts! However I find the bulk of this drops off within a couple of days of getting home, as much of it is water weight...not sure why this happens at sea, but my feet tend to swell and I know I’m holding on to water. Once that drops off I’m left with a 5/6lb actual weight gain. 

yep only eats when he is hungry 

rarely eats dessert . Never overheats never heard him say I wish I hadn't eaten that unlike his wife !

just says I would be eating that because its there not because I'm hungry but happy to watch me munch away .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Is your husband OK? 😊

I have never heard of anyone losing weight on a cruise without being ill... 

Andy 

If you only eat one plate of food and don't keep going back for more, maybe you could lose weight 😉1947029333_1plate.thumb.jpg.0d2efbbcbcfb038c1219caf3f50d4e81.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can either lose a pound or gain a pound.  Although drinking more alcohol on holiday than I do at home I am definitely having less car sweets, evening chocolate and crisps!  I usually weigh myself daily first thing in the morning and my Fitbit records the info.  I’ve just looked back at info for last February immediately before and after our 2 week Britannia cruise in the Caribbean and thought it interesting on the loss of body fat during the holiday.......all that swimming, dancing and lack of sugar paid off.......but not for long.  I have to say a bit heavier this year but have a month to cut back.

50E4D054-A286-43C9-B021-A598C4820766.thumb.jpeg.4b1ed968abe972d962d4d7c3143fc9b4.jpeg

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Is your husband OK? 😊

I have never heard of anyone losing weight on a cruise without being ill... 

Andy 

I always lose weight on a cruise.  I get far more exercise, walking about in port, climbing stairs, just generally being active.  I usually lose about 2 pounds.  My husband doesn't gain any.  I find 2 courses plenty for dinner, I love salads for lunch, and I don't do cooked breakfasts, cos I don't like them.   I don't do desserts, don't have a sweet tooth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

I always lose weight on a cruise.  I get far more exercise, walking about in port, climbing stairs, just generally being active.  I usually lose about 2 pounds.  My husband doesn't gain any.  I find 2 courses plenty for dinner, I love salads for lunch, and I don't do cooked breakfasts, cos I don't like them.   I don't do desserts, don't have a sweet tooth.

You and I are total opposites Jean. 

I spend the whole cruise thinking about what I am going to eat next...

I don't gain much weight though as I do exercise. 

Andy 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Me too.  I take the stairs whenever possible, walk the promenade at least twice a day for a mile or two, AND figured out a long time ago that cruising is not an eating contest.  I usually come home 3-5 pounds lighter, depending on the length of the cruise. 

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

You and I are total opposites Jean. 

I spend the whole cruise thinking about what I am going to eat next...

I don't gain much weight though as I do exercise. 

Andy 

I put on 4 pounds on our 15 night Princess cruise but was in the gym every day.

On a Royal Caribbean 7 day cruise I put on 7 pounds because our loyalty affords us a loyalty lounge with 3 hours of unlimited free drinks every night.🍺🍾😃

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

I average about 7lbs gain in a week. Can’t take the stairs and alcohol is definitely the no.1 culprit for me. My feet (indeed body) swell on a cruise too.

weight comes off very quickly once I am home 😱🤞

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

I average about 7lbs gain in a week. Can’t take the stairs and alcohol is definitely the no.1 culprit for me. My feet (indeed body) swell on a cruise too.

+1

• Like 1

I always lose weight.

2k after a 7 dayer last June.

My daily routine at home is drive to work, sit on backside in front of computer all day, drive home and sit around most nights.

Eating like a horse and drinking like a fish is countered by walking back and forth round the ship, getting off at every port and general sightseeing.

Probably says more about by need for more exercise at home. :)

Can any woman explain to me why, when ladies weigh themselves they take their ear rings off.

I am not necessarily talking about "I speak your weight" machine type equipment.

The problem should not be as bad for women that gain weight as it is for men that gain weight because they cannot simply buy a smaller bikinis for the second week.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

On 1/5/2020 at 6:04 PM, Deeliteful said:

Water retention is worse with the more alcohol.  It's dehydrating.  Take more Water!!

I usually gain about a quarter of a stone on a two week cruise, and lose it within a couple of weeks of returning home. Put it down to eating proper breakfasts - at home its a pot of yoghurt and a coffee - and more puddings. Beer might have something to do with it as well!

• Like 1