Carry On Bag - After Boarding

CruzerDeb

Just wondering if Carnival has a place to leave your carry-on once on board; I found this very useful on Princess - didn't have to wonder around with my bag before my room was ready.  If not, I think I'll just put a luggage tag on it and have Carnival deliver it. Really don't want to traipse all over Lido with my bag.

3 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

Just wondering if Carnival has a place to leave your carry-on once on board; I found this very useful on Princess - didn't have to wonder around with my bag before my room was ready.  If not, I think I'll just put a luggage tag on it and have Carnival deliver it. Really don't want to traipse all over Lido with my bag.

I don't think they do. If you don't want to lug it around with you before you room's ready, do it the easy way and just check it at curbside. That's what I'd do. 

Really the only two options are trying to get Faster to the Fun, which has benefits that include immediate cabin access, or boarding after 1:20 pm. Cabins are typically ready around 1:30 and then you can take your luggage directly to your cabin.

Edited by TNcruising02

3 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

There's always a chance it can get lost if you leave it with the porters.  There are things I can't live with out, meds, etc, that I would never put in checked luggage.  Also, Carnival requires your bottle of wine and any cans to be in your carry-on.  I guess if you don't have any of those things, then you're good go.  

On 1/10/2020 at 11:28 AM, Kulpkruising said:

I have always had to carry my bag around.  That is why I try to make it as small as possible - medications, documents and money.  All things I want to make sure I do not loose sight of.  

That’s pretty light. 
My carry on always has swim suit and change of clothes. A friend didn’t get her bag on a vacation until second day on Cozumel. ( heard of worse, lost luggage). 
FTTF will get OP into the cabin earlier to drop carry on bag.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:26 PM, CruzerDeb said:

Just board after 1:30 pm or whatever time cabins are ready

• Like 2

Carnival lost my bag until the last night of an 8day cruise. Thank God for the kindness of strangers who loaned and gave me clothing since it was day 5 before we had shopping options and those were limited. So I do carry on only. And I keep it by my side until I can put it in my cabin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2020 at 11:26 AM, CruzerDeb said:

Several times we found a place by the pool and just left our carry on while we got food, jumped into the pool, etc. Nobody touched it 

• Like 1

@CruzerDeb the short answer is no, there is no place to leave your carryon until you can access your room, whenever that might be... I understand that if you're flying, carry-on can be different than a cruise ship, since you have to pay to check your suitcase on most airlines. But as others have said, there are likely things you shouldn't check, just in case. So as long as you have a large enough purse to put meds, documents, important jewelry etc in, then I think you could safely check your carryon.

Can you leave your luggage in the hallway outside your room before they are available? 

I mean, they leave them in the hallway anyway when they deliver checked bags.

Edited by Eli_6

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Can you leave your luggage in the hallway outside your room before they are available? 

I don't think there is anything that officially says you can't, but I would not... that's one of the reasons I'm always on the lookout for my suitcases- I'd rather they weren't just sitting there in the hallway somewhere without me around... too many bad things could happen.

The other concern is, depending on how early you board, the cabin stewards often have all their stuff in the hallway (their carts, vacuums etc) and your suitcase could be causing a blockage... by the time they start delivering the suitcases, the stewards are typically done with that stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Question about wine: one of the earlier replies said that wine bottles being taken on board must be in carryon bag. For those of us flying, does that mean we must move our wine bottle from our checked bag (airline requirement) to our carryon bag before boarding the ship?    Panorama in 2+ weeks

1 hour ago, Greektreats said:

Question about wine: one of the earlier replies said that wine bottles being taken on board must be in carryon bag. For those of us flying, does that mean we must move our wine bottle from our checked bag (airline requirement) to our carryon bag before boarding the ship?    Panorama in 2+ weeks

yup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greektreats said:

We do it all of the time. I do the switch in the airport and place my wine in their diapers into our carry on bags. This is the way we have done it for years. 

On 1/18/2020 at 7:15 PM, Eli_6 said:

You are not suppose to be in the cabin hallways before they tell you the cabins are ready unless you are priority or have FTTF. The doors to the hallways are kept closed until that time.

• Like 4