How many on ship

felton183

Don't know if this is possible but can you find out how full your ship is.  We just booked last week and didn't have good luck booking dining times and shows.  Don't want to be a problem but with our late dining times and late show times we will have to leave dinner early or miss the show.  Do people book multiple dining and show times then cancel?  I am feeling we should move to early dining, if that is possible in order to eat and see the shows?  Appreciate any ideas, first time on this large a ship.

1 minute ago, felton183 said:

Don't know if this is possible but can you find out how full your ship is.  We just booked last week and didn't have good luck booking dining times and shows.  Don't want to be a problem but with our late dining times and late show times we will have to leave dinner early or miss the show.  Do people book multiple dining and show times then cancel?  I am feeling we should move to early dining, if that is possible in order to eat and see the shows?  Appreciate any ideas, first time on this large a ship.

no way to find out in advance.  The system wont allow you to book the same show multiple times or dining for different times the same night.

They hold back space so the people can book on board

5 minutes ago, felton183 said:

What ship will you be on?

15 minutes ago, felton183 said:

I guess what this tells me is arrive early to the ship and try to get things changed right away.  We have a 3 hour drive from the west coast so I guess we will be leaving early.  Thanks for replying

There will be a "box office" set up either on the Royal Promenade on Deck 5, where you enter, or down on Deck 4, at Studio B, the ice skating rink.

You should be able to change entertainment reservations there.

Someone will be at the dining room (times will be in your Cruise Compass) who can help with changing your dining time, if you wish.

If they tell you "double occupancy, that is for 2 people per cabin.

Add another 1,700 folks and you have 6,700 passengers.

Go to the late shows and you can walk in at showtime.

We went to all the shows several times as we have a special son

who live to see broadway shows.... Have fun!

May your seas be flat, and your tummies be fat.

We  are the Moore's

Tampa Bay 🙂

Brilliance 2/29, 3/29/2020

Drunken Sailer - Irish Rovers - YouTube.html

36 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Can you get a copy of the Cruise Compass when you board or do you need to wait until your cabin is available? Talking about Harmony of the Seas. 

They have them near Guest Services.  You might get one at check-in too.

We were on the New Years sailing of Oasis, which was absolutely packed to the gills.  That said, while the main shows (Aqua 80, One Sky, Headline Guy, Ice Show, and stupid Cats) all "required" reservations, most had plenty of available seats for walk-ups.  We were typically at the early shows (e.g. 8:30pm starts) and I don't recall anyone verifying that we actually had a reservation, let alone turn people away because there was no space.  The most filled was probably the Ice Show (relatively small venue), followed by Aqua 80.  Still, arriving 10-15 minutes early would almost certainly get you decent seats at any venue.

As I understand it, the adult comedy guys were a hard ticket, but they added a show in the main theater on the last night which had more than enough capacity for everyone to get a chance to see it.