Bring a travel mug?

coolio111

10 hours ago, ldubs said:

I suspect that you probably are.😁   I have a good quality tumbler that I use for hot coffee when I have a long drive or I go fishing.   I do not bring water bottles or insulated cups on cruises.   

Mrs.66 does use water bottles. Re fishing,the only time I ever went fishing is when I was 9 years old.My father bought me a fiberglass rod and a good quality reel the next day.

I never took the wrapping paper off the rod or the reel out of the box until 2003 when I was moving out of NYC and gave both to a neighbor,an avid fisherman.😀

8 hours ago, MCC retired said:

NCL has announced that they will no longer permit Single Use plastic bottles onboard (after a certain date?).

Will other cruise lines follow ?

I read somewhere that world wide , less than 30% of these Single Use plastic bottles are ever recycled.

Unfortunately the cost of recycled plastic is more than the cost of virgin plastic. Without the demand for recycled plastic there is not much point recycling most bottles.

6 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Unfortunately the cost of recycled plastic is more than the cost of virgin plastic. Without the demand for recycled plastic there is not much point recycling most bottles.

Those shoes I showed above aren't at all inexpensive.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:46 PM, DarrenM said:

Last time I was on a cruise the boat supplied cups for coffee.

You must have been in upper class.  We only had a ladle that was chained to the bucket so we couldn't walk away with it.   Not that we could walk, being chained to the oars and all.   😀

• Haha 2

On 1/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, mom says said:

But are you spending several hours away from your home, out in the hot sun, and not intending to drop into the local bars for a beverage?

I've traveled around the world with my parents from a young age. "Back in the day" no one carried water bottles everywhere with them, and folks were not keeling over from dehydration.  We were in Egypt and Jordan in August, for goodness sake, and no one had water with them. This was in the mid 1970s.

These days I only carry a water bottle when I know I won't have access to any water or other beverage for an extended period of time. I have a collapsible one that fits in my larger crossbody purse -- but it is still not large by the standards of many that I see...

As for onboard ship, I don't bring an insulated mug. My hot beverage of choice is espresso; consumed quickly while hot. 

6 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

This was in the mid 1970s.

We old folks have to remind ourselves that things change and frequently for the better. I have a very dry mouth and I don't even go in my backyard without my water bottle 🙂

7 minutes ago, clo said:

We old folks have to remind ourselves that things change and frequently for the better. I have a very dry mouth and I don't even go in my backyard without my water bottle 🙂

If you need it, then you need it. :classic_cool:  I don't need to have water constantly available, unless I am really working hard and/or perspiring excessively.

55 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've traveled around the world with my parents from a young age. "Back in the day" no one carried water bottles everywhere with them, and folks were not keeling over from dehydration.  We were in Egypt and Jordan in August, for goodness sake, and no one had water with them. This was in the mid 1970s.

These days I only carry a water bottle when I know I won't have access to any water or other beverage for an extended period of time. I have a collapsible one that fits in my larger crossbody purse -- but it is still not large by the standards of many that I see...

As for onboard ship, I don't bring an insulated mug. My hot beverage of choice is espresso; consumed quickly while hot. 

I was in Arizona when it was 108 degrees .This was 50 years ago. I was so thirsty .I saw a store indicating that it was a grocery.I was so happy and went in to buy a cold beverage but alas they were only selling guns.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was in Arizona when it was 108 degrees .This was 50 years ago. I was so thirsty .I saw a store indicating that it was a grocery.I was so happy and went in to buy a cold beverage but alas they were only selling guns.

Here it was in Death Valley:

20191022_092636_resized - Edited.jpg

On 1/19/2020 at 12:28 PM, lenquixote66 said:

ONLY 108?????

I was in Djibouti last July.  49C.  That is 122F.   Now that is HOT. 😄