Unlimited Dining Package - "How to" guide

This will be our first RCCL cruise next month on the Liberty after 5 cruises with Carnival.  We normally like the early dinner seating but it wasn't available and when the UDP went on sail for a good price I was like hey let's try this.  So if I am understanding everyone correct we have a general reservation on the first night, location TBD.  Once we arrive on board we should make reservations for each dinner/lunch for the rest of the week.  Reservations can be made at any specialty dining restaurant? 

Now here is my stupid question.  I have no problem sitting down for a 2 hour meal, but DW wants to go to all the shows.  Lord help me if I schedule a meal where it causes her to miss out on a show.   How can I find out what shows are available each day and their times so I can schedule the meals for the whole week the first day? 

yes once you board make dinner reservations for the rest of the cruise. Lunch reservation are not need in my opinion. Any specialty restaurant can make reservations for any restaurant. 

If you want to speed it up .. let the servers know at the beginning. They will do their best to help. 

In terms of shows download the Royal App and it will show you times and shows. There typically is a early show and late show on some of them. Enjoy Liberty it is a great ship

Edited by Tulsacoker

On 1/18/2020 at 10:14 AM, ourfamilylovescruising said:

we will be on the Harmony in March and are buying this package for the first time 

my husband wanted it because after shows there is never anything to eat other then paying or pizza 

so if we wanted to just show up at sabers or Johnny rockets to grab something small we should be able to do that?

are there any other small places like those to grab something maybe Vintages is that on Harmony

well I think the last time for reservations is 9 pm, so you would need to book all your shows at 7 pm which are not always at that time. 

Any suggestions for where to go on Oasis when boarding to make reservations?  I'll have restaurants and times planned out and will definitely want to get the reservations knocked out as soon as I can.  Not something I'll want to have hanging over my head any longer than absolutely necessary.  I get that I can make them at any of the specialty restaurants but is it a mad house at the first one you pass after boarding, are they all even open early on embarkation day? or am I completely overthinking it?  FWIW I'll be at the terminal before they begin boarding so I'll be on board as early as they'll let me.

1 minute ago, Tulsacoker said:

Some say go to Izumi Hibachi because no one know where the hell it is so its not crowded on embarkation . Its' on Deck 4 right before at the entrance to the main dining hall

That was going to be my suggestion

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Found show information prior to cruise using Google.  Only need reservations for Oasis class ships.

Google Liberty of the Seas Cruise Compass as someone may have posted one.

Edited by Snit13
error

6 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Some say go to Izumi Hibachi because no one know where the hell it is so its not crowded on embarkation . Its' on Deck 4 right before at the entrance to the main dining hall

Tried that once and they were closed.  They never opened the doors until 11:30.  I’ve had much better luck at Central Park. 

• Thanks 1

We have not done ultimate yet , but there is one somewhat negative is the amount of food, we had a suite a few years ago and on that cruise breakfast and lunch in chops ( on sea days) was included, and we also had dinner almost every night is specialty, just a lot of food really do not need large lunch and a large dinner . 

25 minutes ago, George C said:

We have not done ultimate yet , but there is one somewhat negative is the amount of food, we had a suite a few years ago and on that cruise breakfast and lunch in chops ( on sea days) was included, and we also had dinner almost every night is specialty, just a lot of food really do not need large lunch and a large dinner . 

We’ve had the UDP twice and never went for a full lunch at Chops or Jamies.  Certainly  did not make us feel like we missed out or didn’t receive good value for what we bought. 

We just got back from sailing on Explorer of the Seas and our ultimate dining package was a highlight of our trip.  We ate at Izumi up on deck 14 early our first night, and the view was amazing.  We ate at Izumi twice, Giovanni's twice and Chops once for dinners.