Emeril's Bistro 1396

Caps_Shield

Hi!  Anyone know if this is a sit down/ waiter served restaurant or a restaurant kind of like Seafood Shack?  It looks like it is in a main hall way in the French Quarter area.  That leads me to believe it's not a normal restaurant.  

21 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

Hi!  Anyone know if this is a sit down/ waiter served restaurant or a restaurant kind of like Seafood Shack?  It looks like it is in a main hall way in the French Quarter area.  That leads me to believe it's not a normal restaurant.  

There will be tables and chairs around the ordering area, but it will not be a sit down and order, not sure what you are implying by “normal”.

15 minutes ago, coevan said:

is Emeril even relevant anymore, he only does infomercials  

Certainly still a prominent chef and noted restaurant owner.  How he supplements earnings and whether does or does not is the non relevant items.   

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

There will be tables and chairs around the ordering area, but it will not be a sit down and order, not sure what you are implying by “normal”.

The steak house for example is a normal restaurant.  I said one with waiters so this should be self explanatory. 

3 hours ago, Caps_Shield said:

The steak house for example is a normal restaurant.  I said one with waiters so this should be self explanatory. 

Waiters was fairly easy to comprehend, normal was in question.  I believe I replied to both points, how the food is served (which has nothing to do with It being normal or not).  In any event, your question has been answered.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Waiters was fairly easy to comprehend, normal was in question.  I believe I replied to both points, how the food is served (which has nothing to do with It being normal or not).  In any event, your question has been answered.

What is the answer, There are chairs/tables all around Seafood Shack you order you're food and sit down.  Bonan Sushi you sit down and order your food.  So with Bistro do you order all your food and have a seat??

2 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

Looks like you order and have a seat like the Seafood Shack, with light up buzzer in hand.  That's a bit disappointing for me.

Given the current environment, and one likely to continue for some time, I'm hoping they deliver, or at least have to go packaging available.

17 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Given the current environment, and one likely to continue for some time, I'm hoping they deliver, or at least have to go packaging available.

That sounds very likely to happen.  They do have the to-go with Bonsai Sushi express on some of the ships.  But it was great to dine in at Bonsai Sushi on the Vista.  Great food, service and atmosphere.  We ate there three times on our cruise last December 😀 

4 hours ago, MeangirlDanni said:

What is the answer, There are chairs/tables all around Seafood Shack you order you're food and sit down.  Bonan Sushi you sit down and order your food.  So with Bistro do you order all your food and have a seat??

It took you 9 months to ask a question about a ship that been delayed 3 times.  Let’s see, I would have gotten off already, but I have not.  

On 1/17/2020 at 1:38 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Emerils-Bistro-1396-Rendering-e155190326

(Mardi Gras Trivia) - The '1396' stands for the 'yard number' at the Meyer Turku shipyard where Mardi Gras is currently under construction. 

✌️

Looks nice but it also looks small. Hopefully there is an expanded seating area nearby.

Not sure why but it has a Royal Caribbean feel to me. It looks like something I’d expect to find on their promenade deck.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It took you 9 months to ask a question about a ship that been delayed 3 times.  Let’s see, I would have gotten off already, but I have not.  

Nope, Caption Obvious... just came across this post.  Since the ship is still delayed and still being worked on.  I am booked on it, at a future date, I'm doing some research.  Covid-19 got you uptight.  Be safe out there.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MeangirlDanni said:

Nope, Caption Obvious... just came across this post.  Since the ship is still delayed and still being worked on.  I am booked on it, at a future date, I'm doing some research.  Covid-19 got you uptight.  Be safe out there.

Lol, always wanted to be caption obvious. 😎

We have been to several of Emeril's Restaraunts and were on "Emeril Live" a few times.  The menu looks like a combination of standard Emeril menu items that are featured at different venues in his "realm."   The recipes are solid, but the question will be if the ingredients are as well and if the food is prepared fresh by cooks who are suficiently trained in the recipes or if it is pre-prepared factory food versions of the menu items.

Not in a rush to get on the Mardi Gras, but I would certainly go to this venue and have some of my past favorites to see how they are executed.

On 1/17/2020 at 12:20 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Certainly still a prominent chef and noted restaurant owner.  How he supplements earnings and whether does or does not is the non relevant items.   

And as I recall Mr. Sunglasses Neck with the snotty attitude and spikey hair has sit-down restaurants but GUYs is order in line, then find a seat.

10 hours ago, Moviela said:

Methinks the French Market will be as authentic New Orleans as the Havana area is authentic Cuban. 

Now I have a craving for some hot beignets, powdered sugar, and live jazz.

As I recall, the first Havana areas had authentic Cuban taste treats, but they quickly went away.  While beignets would be great, not fond of the chicory coffee.  But I could use a little Preservation Hall type traditional jazz. Dr. John or any Neville Brothers band welcomed too.  

• Like 1