Emeril's Bistro 1396

Caps_Shield

27 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

As I recall, the first Havana areas had authentic Cuban taste treats, but they quickly went away.  While beignets would be great, not fond of the chicory coffee.  But I could use a little Preservation Hall type traditional jazz. Dr. John or any Neville Brothers band welcomed too.  

They did,my thoughts on them were eh,but that is just me.  By our 2nd tri-on Vista,they were-oof.  

Meh, I would try it. Emeril got killed in the economic downturn of 2008. Lost many of his restaurants and sold the Emeril name to Martha Stewart.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/martha-stewart-emeril-legasse-brands-sold-for-175-million-2019-04-16

His "NOLA" restaurant in the French Quarter in New Orleans is one of our favorite.

2 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Meh, I would try it. Emeril got killed in the economic downturn of 2008. Lost many of his restaurants and sold the Emeril name to Martha Stewart.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/martha-stewart-emeril-legasse-brands-sold-for-175-million-2019-04-16

His "NOLA" restaurant in the French Quarter in New Orleans is one of our favorite.

He didn't sell his body and he is still very much involved in the restaurants.

• 1 month later...

Emeril has not been a chef for decades. Just like Harlan Sanders never fried a chicken after the early fifties Emeril is a mascot and TV personality. It is as a showman that he makes his money. His food is neither unique or original. He has prepared meals that are commercially salable appealing to general tastes of the public, and for TV they are visually among the best. 

The cooks aboard Carnival ships are competent to cook any style of food, given the proper provisions. It should not be difficult to secure fresh provisions for the ship in Port Canaveral. I think the food will be good aboard, and likely priced less than the land based franchises. 

On 11/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, ninjacat123 said:

Thanks for posting!  Now I want a muffulleta sandwich!! 😍

I think I dated her in high school.... I am pretty impressed with th menu. Cannot wait to try.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/1/2020 at 1:04 PM, Moviela said:

Emeril has not been a chef for decades. Just like Harlan Sanders never fried a chicken after the early fifties Emeril is a mascot and TV personality. It is as a showman that he makes his money. His food is neither unique or original. He has prepared meals that are commercially salable appealing to general tastes of the public, and for TV they are visually among the best. 

The cooks aboard Carnival ships are competent to cook any style of food, given the proper provisions. It should not be difficult to secure fresh provisions for the ship in Port Canaveral. I think the food will be good aboard, and likely priced less than the land based franchises. 

Many successful chefs have come up through Commander's Palace which is known more for their food than their chefs. If I had Emeril's millions, I probably wouldn't cook either, but his food is very good. As for New Orleans food, he does add his twist to it.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 12:44 PM, crewsweeper said:

As I recall, the first Havana areas had authentic Cuban taste treats, but they quickly went away.  While beignets would be great, not fond of the chicory coffee.  But I could use a little Preservation Hall type traditional jazz. Dr. John or any Neville Brothers band welcomed too.  

We'll make sure Kenny G is on your next cruise...  😁 🏴‍☠️

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2020 at 8:10 PM, Saint Greg said:

I don’t think they released prices. Here is a menu without prices.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/emerils-bistro-1396-accessible-menu.pdf

Salami is incorrectly spelled.......

MUFFULLETTA italian salumi – mortadella – provolone – olive salad

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. ☹️

Edited by coffeebean

55 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Salami is incorrectly spelled.......

MUFFULLETTA italian salumi – mortadella – provolone – olive salad

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. ☹️

Salumi is the correct italian word for cured meats.

• Thanks 1