NEWLY built hotels near Ft Lauderdale

backforty

51 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

We’re staying here next week, didn’t realize it was new. Price was very good, complimentary airport shuttle and very reasonable shuttle cost to cruise port (Miami for us). 

Thanks everyone for the replies so far!  Hard Rock looked promising until I saw the dates I need are $500/night! I need something with a $250/night max. The Ascend hotel was built in 2018 so that's on my list of possibilities unless I find something newer. Conrad was 2008 so that's not an option (it's 12 years old). Any other ideas please send them my way! I could also go +/- a half hour or so from FLL. 

30 minutes ago, backforty said:

Thanks everyone for the replies so far!  Hard Rock looked promising until I saw the dates I need are $500/night! I need something with a $250/night max. The Ascend hotel was built in 2018 so that's on my list of possibilities unless I find something newer. Conrad was 2008 so that's not an option (it's 12 years old). Any other ideas please send them my way! I could also go +/- a half hour or so from FLL. 

Ah, no, the Conrad is not 2008. You notice I said "sort of". The building may have started in 2008, but not as the Conrad. It got partially constructed, and then a bankruptcy occurred. The shell set empty for many years. Conrad came along in about 2015 or 2016, finished the building about 2 years ago. (A local will know more exact dates...this is a general timeline). So it has been a functional, occupied building/hotel for only about 2 years.

Telling us your dates will help us make recommendations since prices vary by the season.

The Dalmar and The Element near Las Olas Blvd opened about this time last year.

Two Hilton properties (Tru and Home2Suites) are due to open in June but Hilton isn't taking reservations yet.

Hopefully BlueHerons will chime in; she's a wealth of info about new hotel (and restaurant) openings in Fort Lauderdale.

10 hours ago, backforty said:

Travel is a little over a month away (Feb/Mar). So June openings won't work 😞 

I remembered another new hotel right off Las Olas (downtown):  Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown.

From any of the Las Olas hotels you can hop on the Sun Trolley (www.suntrolley.com) for $1/ride or $3/day pass and be at the beach within a few minutes.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, LookingForward2 said:

We’re staying here next week, didn’t realize it was new. Price was very good, complimentary airport shuttle and very reasonable shuttle cost to cruise port (Miami for us). 

We are staying here in February.   What company did you use for the shuttle?

Marie

1 hour ago, rere827 said:

We are staying here in February.   What company did you use for the shuttle?

Marie

We originally picked this place because it was on the list that SAS Transportation services. I’ve since contacted the hotel and they have a shuttle service which was a little less and they said it runs every hour.   
I can let you know if I remember right away (if not we won’t be back until February). 

Still wondering why the hotel has to be "NEW"...……..

I recently stayed at The Riverside and loved it...was my 2nd or 3rd time staying there.....love the place:classic_biggrin:

It is not a new property but one of my favorite hotels!

On 1/21/2020 at 2:40 PM, LookingForward2 said:

SAS Transportation services. I’ve since contacted the hotel and they have a shuttle service which was a little less and they said it runs every hour.   

I don't believe that SAS serves Port Everglades...only POM.  So your hotel shuttle will have a lower rate than SAS, it's a shorter trip.