Long Term Parking - Los Angeles Cruise Port

Syracusefan44

My wife and I have booked a back to back cruise in 2021 (LA - Hawaii - Tahiti and LA - Sea of Cortez) for a total of 38 days.

Our plan is to make a cross country trip from Syracuse, NY to Los Angeles and we were hoping someone on this forum had information on how to obtain long term parking at or near the cruise port.

Have any of you been able to arrange long term through Princess at the cruise port or the pre-cruise hotel?

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Call the Crown Plaza and the Doubletree in San Pedro. Ask for their stay and park for cruises rates. Not sure if they have rates for as long as 38 days, but you can ask. 

We stayed at Doubletree and left our car for a 28 day cruise.  They have a lot of parking and may give you several nights free and charge for the rest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Call the Crown Plaza and the Doubletree in San Pedro. Ask for their stay and park for cruises rates. Not sure if they have rates for as long as 38 days, but you can ask. 

Thank for the hotel parking information.

7 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

My wife and I have booked a back to back cruise in 2021 (LA - Hawaii - Tahiti and LA - Sea of Cortez) for a total of 38 days.

Our plan is to make a cross country trip from Syracuse, NY to Los Angeles and we were hoping someone on this forum had information on how to obtain long term parking at or near the cruise port.

Have any of you been able to arrange long term through Princess at the cruise port or the pre-cruise hotel?

Thanks for your help.

Hopefully you have other plans for that long drive. We do cross-country camping each year for 4 - 7 weeks (only did 7 weeks once so far) so perhaps you are planning a great trip before and after your cruise. Otherwise, just fly. Heck, we don't even drive the 9 hours to San Pedro to cruise. It's just not worth it as a drive if there is no other "adventure" included. (This spring I think we will only do 4 to 4.5 weeks of camping. We have a little teardrop trailer and we do actually get a room once a week or so.) Enjoy your cruises. We have done those (although not as a B2B) and loved them - especially that 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Thanks for your help.

If you're looking forward to the cross country drive as part of your adventure, you may want to price out renting a car for the one way drive from Syracuse out to LA.  It just might end up being cheaper than parking your car.  Also it has the benefits of not putting that kind of mileage on your own car and you can fly home instead of doing that long drive again for your return trip.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hopefully you have other plans for that long drive. We do cross-country camping each year for 4 - 7 weeks (only did 7 weeks once so far) so perhaps you are planning a great trip before and after your cruise. Otherwise, just fly. Heck, we don't even drive the 9 hours to San Pedro to cruise. It's just not worth it as a drive if there is no other "adventure" included. (This spring I think we will only do 4 to 4.5 weeks of camping. We have a little teardrop trailer and we do actually get a room once a week or so.) Enjoy your cruises. We have done those (although not as a B2B) and loved them - especially that 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise.

We are planning staying in North Myrtle Beach for week and then stopping to see some historic sites and National Parks along way to my sisters home in Phoenix, AZ.  After a week in AZ we plan on heading to LA three days prior to our cruise to explore some sites in the LA area. Our plan right now is to contact the Doubletree Hotel in San Pedro (as suggested above) and see if they would be willing to allow us to park for 38 days for a fee. 

Edited by Syracusefan44

21 hours ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

We stayed at Doubletree and left our car for a 28 day cruise.  They have a lot of parking and may give you several nights free and charge for the rest.

Well, it sounds like occomadations will be needed.  As stated by Cruisewithh, Doubletree offers a "Park & Go" package.  "Book and stay at a participating hotel, and you'll get parking and shuttle service to and from the select airports and select cruise ports."  

Check it out:  https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hotel-maya-a-doubletree-by-hilton-LGBMYDT/offers/100069181.htm 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 2:14 PM, CRUISEWITHH said:

By any chance do you recall what the Doubletree charged you per day to park your car for 28 days.  Thanks so much for your help.