Favorite cocktail/adult beverage on Regent?

slidebite

When we cruise, one of the things we like to do is experiment a with drinks I'd either never make myself or normally purchase.. I rarely go to lounges outside of holidays anyhow.

Last time we cruised on Regent in 2018 I discovered - and quite enjoyed - the Aperol Spritz. It was nice and so refreshing after a 6 hour excursion in the Mediterranean heat. I'm sure I'll be getting into those again but while I was in Panama this past spring I also developed a taste for Pina Coladas made with dark rum.

What is your favorite adult beverages that we should try while onboard? I'm not fussy, high alcohol, low alcohol, cocktail, highball, frozen, you name it!

Over the years I've enjoyed some excellent martinis, cosmopolitans, and pina coladas at the pool bar.  At this point in my life I try to avoid all of these, at least most of the time.  Perhaps once a week for a treat.  But I've heard about drinks with aperol, and I admit I'm intrigued.

I like drinks with citrus and hate manufactured sour mix which, unfortunately, Regent uses.  So, I like to sit at the bar when it’s not busy and have the bartender make a drink with real ingredients.  On our last cruise, “Rambo” on Mariner was up to the challenge and made notes on my request on his phone....mescal, lemon, a dash of simple syrup, and green chartreuse.   Any time he saw us, he’d get to work with a smile!  

• Like 1

Generally like an Old fashioned, Martini, or Manhatten- all of which were done well on our Voyager cruise last Jan. (First Regent cruise).

The one drink that was new to me, though, was an Italian getaway- grapefruit, prosecco, and Campari. A little tart, a little sweet, a little bubbly, and somewhat addictive. A great daytime indulgence. Oh,to be on the high seas with one in hand😋

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Over the years I've enjoyed some excellent martinis, cosmopolitans, and pina coladas at the pool bar.  At this point in my life I try to avoid all of these, at least most of the time.  Perhaps once a week for a treat.  But I've heard about drinks with aperol, and I admit I'm intrigued.

Apérol Spritz has been "the" summer drink in Europe for about five years now.  It is Apérol with prosecco and a splash of soda water served with a straw (hopefully a paper straw!) and a slice of orange in a long stem glass.  I love it! 

However my favourite drink on the ship is a Margarita, straight up with salt.  Can't get that here so it is like forbidden fruit.

Love the recommendations. I totally forgot about the Regent cocktails. Does anyone have a pic of the menu of what they are or a link? I know the RSSC website has sample food menus for the dining venues but I haven't seen anything for lounge menus... unless I am not looking in the right spot, which is likely!

16 hours ago, Ceilknits said:

Muddled cucumber martini (Bombay Gin) on the Explorer

I'd have to vote for Hendricks for anything cucumber.

I spent some time with Mario at the pool bar experimenting with scotch cocktails (as I usually drink single malts neat) and we eventually built a really nice Blood and Sand.  I've also been known to open up the bartender app on my phone and look up things I usually wouldn't make at home.

Man, I can't believe I have almost a year until our next cruise...    😢

• Like 1

Scotch cocktails? A friend of mine is a big scotch drinker and she'd probably have my head if I proposed a cocktail made out of her beloved Scotch! 😉

I should almost try one as I really don't care for Scotch much. More of a rye drinker myself for my whiskeys.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, slidebite said:

Scotch cocktails? A friend of mine is a big scotch drinker and she'd probably have my head if I proposed a cocktail made out of her beloved Scotch! 😉

I should almost try one as I really don't care for Scotch much. More of a rye drinker myself for my whiskeys.

I know, it sounds like heresy...but I don't mind messing with some average malts.  99% of the time you'll find me sipping my scotch neat, but when I'm on board I get a bit more adventurous.  But at the end of the day, bourbon or rye make MUCH better cocktails than scotch, it's just the way it is.