What do you think about a cove balcony ?

monakayk

I loved our cove balcony on the Breeze.  It was slightly larger than a regular balcony and it was fun to be so close to the water.

The biggest advantage to me was that we had at least partial shade nearly all day, every day, regardless of the direction we were sailing.

Look at a deck plan for your ship to make sure you are not under the galley.  Under the mid-ship MDR is great.

6 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

What about folks who report on the noise from the engine and thrusters...?  If you booked midship, would those things have any effect in terms of noise and vibrations?

Those noises and vibrations are associated with extreme fore and aft.  Midship the galley above you is the only real noise issue.  Cove balconies on the Dream class ships only go as far forward as the atrium.  I've read glowing reports from people who booked there but I prefer further back, just forward of the mid-ship elevators.

Tons of threads on this topic:
Cove Balcony on the Vista
Vista cove balcony noise
Your reasoning to cove or not to cove balcony?
Cove Balconies.... your thought??
Cove balcony vs Havana Inside

Included the last one, because that is a pretty common query as well, should I go with Havana interior or cove balcony?

Those were found via google, this board is a fount of knowledge.

Edited by five.

I'm not a fan of the coves.  We prefer a mid ship balcony on a deck with cabins above and below it, and not near the elevators or stairs.

This is a personal preference of ours, we enjoy a longer horizon view and avoid some of the salt that can accumulate on a cove. While some may enjoy being close to the water zipping by,  others like us will feel more relaxed with a higher perspective.  

We cruise enough that we have tried most of the common cabin types up from insides to suites, and our cabin of choice now is a balcony mid ship Empress or Verandah deck.

We had a cove balcony booked for our October 2020 Breeze cruise.  They offered us an upsell to a Deck 11 standard balcony and we took it.  My husband said he'd rather be on deck 11 than deck 2....  It was only $38 charge to move.

• Like 1

We are normally mid ship and really enjoy them. Being so close to the water is hard to explain unless you’ve experienced it. Life boats above you, ocean view below you makes it more secluded. Noise has never been an issue for us. Headed back to I think the fourth cove this Saturday on the Magic!

we had a cove balcony on the Horizon a few weeks ago, and it's my favorite out of all the rooms I've had cruising before. I absolutely LOVED being so close to the water, i found it very soothing and relaxing. We had amazing views of fish, waves, and pier runners! lol

23 hours ago, five. said:

Vista cove balcony noise

Included the last one, because that is a pretty common query as well, should I go with Havana interior or cove balcony?

WOW------Thanks for these great links!

5 hours ago, Florings said:

We had a cove balcony booked for our October 2020 Breeze cruise.  They offered us an upsell to a Deck 11 standard balcony and we took it.  My husband said he'd rather be on deck 11 than deck 2....  It was only $38 charge to move.

How would I know if I’m offered an upgrade? Do they call or do I need to login online? 

On 1/28/2020 at 5:32 PM, five. said:

Vista cove balcony noise

I haven't been in a Cove balcony but I have been in a Havana cabin with a patio.  Being Havana inside gives you that same privileges. Having the dedicated pool and hot tubs for the Havana area is totally worth it.  It's wasn't crowded. 

Edited by LuckyStar