19 YO - Alcohol In Port

22 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Your daughter can drink in the ports. RCI has no policy against it. My 16 year old daughter loved buying her dad a beer in ST. Maarten several years ago.

You know you can drink for free at the jewelry shops, eh?

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:29 PM, AlanF65 said:

Limit the search to this forum, all my words results in

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=legal drinking age&type=forums_topic&nodes=51&search_and_or=and

image.png.864d7ac6befcfba019cf541b25ebd63b.png

So I click on the links and naturally this thread is at the top. Every other thread is about the age in the solarium, teen club, bringing wine on board, bringing cannabis on board. Nothing pertaining to the question asked and I know it’s been asked before. Like I said useless.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Magicat said:

You know you can drink for free at the jewelry shops, eh?

we never got offered anything until we actually gave the go ahead to do the paperwork to buy.  and it was crappier sparkling wine than what the ship serves at the art auctions.  

The ship really won’t care.

In Lisbon I witnessed security carry one very drunk lady in her 50s back to the ship (her husband couldn’t carry her). It was very funny to watch because she loved being carried and was singing her heart out.

it was our last port before 2 sea days back home so it was a good thing for her that they just wanted to get her back so the ship could leave.

1 hour ago, spookwife said:

we never got offered anything until we actually gave the go ahead to do the paperwork to buy.  and it was crappier sparkling wine than what the ship serves at the art auctions.  

Sorry, I misread your post...only had 2 sips of morning coffee.  Perhaps you are going into the wrong jewelry shops.  

We saw some pretty drunk 16 year old boys about to board their tour bus at Maho Beach on the way back to the ship.  I'm really glad we weren't on the same bus.  They must have got back ok and been allowed to board because our kids saw them in the teen club the next day.

25 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

The same issue comes up here on the northern border. The drinking age in Canada is 18 so many will sojourn north to enjoy a few. Even if they are noticeably intoxicated they are still allowed to return to the US. 

It’s actually 19 in all provinces except Quebec, Manitoba and Alberta where it is still 18.  Lots of Ontario students make the trip across the border to Quebec as well as Americans. 

23 hours ago, Magicat said:

Perhaps you are going into the wrong jewelry shops.  

We have one particular jewelry store that we visit in a particular port.  It is not one of the ones in the cruise line "shopper guide" though.  When we go, we plan to buy and that is made clear when we arrive.  Drinks are offered immediately and continue throughout our visit.  But again, this isn't one of the cruise line recommended places that probably gets tons of "browsers" who are just looking for a free glass of champs and the cheap souvenir bracelet advertised in the shopper guide, LOL. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s actually 19 in all provinces except Quebec, Manitoba and Alberta where it is still 18.  Lots of Ontario students make the trip across the border to Quebec as well as Americans. 

Thank you for the correction. Since Quebec sits opposite of us that's the province I'm familiar with.