Corona virus RCI policy

On 1/22/2020 at 7:28 PM, Tee & Chilli said:

Has Royal issued a statement or offered a FCC?

Not from RCI directly but:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5009/

Royal Caribbean is giving all guests and crew boarding in China an "enhanced health screening before boarding," according to a statement from the line. "We are monitoring the situation closely together with health authorities, and our ships are prepared to take additional preventive measures as circumstances indicate," the line said.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:28 PM, Tee & Chilli said:

Anyone changing plans due to the coronavirus? Has Royal issued a statement or offered a FCC? I'm not booked just wondering how cruise lines are handling this.

I sail on the Spectrum of the Seas out of Shanghai on Feb 13th and haven't gotten any updates or emails about anything yet. I will let you know if I get anything before I go. 

I doubt anything will be affected. Shanghai isn't quarantined and I bet they will just screen for any sick people before you are allowed to board. And I also heard if you have been in in the Hubei area (like Wuhan) areas in the last 30 days, you will also not be allowed to board. 

Edited by tybrkr17
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tybrkr17 said:

And I also heard if you have been in in the Hubei area (like Wuhan) areas in the last 30 days, you will also not be allowed to board. 

RCI may adopt what NCL is doing:

As a preventative measure, Norwegian Cruise Line will be doing non-touch body temperature screenings for all passengers embarking from Chinese ports. Guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 Celsius) or higher will not be allowed to board and will be directed to seek local medical treatment, according to a spokesperson for line.

"In addition, guests traveling from Wuhan, China, or who have been in the city in the last 30 days will be denied boarding," the spokesperson said. "As always, we will monitor the situation closely."

• Like 2

we are booked for back to back sailings in March.  I am watching and hoping this virus is under control by then.  Disneyland Shanghai has closed to help prevent the virus spread--which made me wonder if the sailings from Shanghai would soon stop as well.  The most crowded situation  I was in in a month in China last year was boarding a ship.

I've not seen anything from RCI - I don't think those two countries are listed as major areas of concern are they (yet!) but the situation is pretty fluid at the moment though.  

Makes sense RCI might do the temperature check though for sailings in that general region.

We've had our first confirmed case in AUS today and I've also been reading with interest that Shanghai Disneyland has closed indefinitely from today in an attempt to control / limit the spread of the virus - no word on HK.

I hope all goes well for you for your sailing.  We are doing a 5n out of Singapore mid April on Quantum. 

Could I ask you a question?  Were I fly / Northstar / show in Two70 available to prebook on the cruise planner?  If so, do you remember about how long before?  And, if so, did you have to pay beforehand in the cruise planner?

We've done a couple of cruises out of Singapore on Mariner & Voyager but neither of them had things you would prebook from memory.

I did do a 3n on Spectrum out of Singapore and there was no pre-booking of activities but that was a little different as the ship was brand new and just stopping in Singapore for a week on it's way to China.

We just had to book the activities as soon as we boarded.

If you've got any information on the activities I would be grateful. I've been checking every day!

I'm sure you're concerned about your trip next week so best wishes with that and hope everything works out well for you!

1 hour ago, nralstin said:

Scheduled to be on the Quantum next week out of Singapore.  Concerns about Coronavirus. Anyone seen any type of statement from RCI?  Stops in Malaysia and Thailand. 

The've mainly increased health and temperature screenings at the port. Unless you have a fever, then you might be taken off, or quarantined for a bit (also dependent on your travel history). But as of now, everything is still pretty normal. If you're worried, just wear a mask onboard and maybe bring extra hand sanitiser.

Hello! We have booked the spectrum of the sea departing from Baoshan, Shanghai on the 9th April 20  to Japan and returning back to Shanghai on 14th April 20. Now we are a bit worry about coronavirus as bringing elderly parents with us and we don't hear any news from Royal caribbean. The airline we booked has already offer a voluntary refund for the flight tickets. So wondering if there is anyone here share the same itinerary or any Asain cruise departing from China? If you get contact from Royal Caribbean? Will you still carry on going on the cruise? 

• Like 1

Wuhan is a city of 11.8 million people.  Less than 1000 cases so far.  

AFAIK, all the cases in other countries are from people who were in Wuhan recently.

Just some things to think about.

• Like 1

We're on in 3 weeks time so interested too, please keep us updated. Our cruise ends in Hong Kong so watching the situation there too.Some people on our cruise have posted that they have contacted RCL and been told that they are monitoring the situation.

• Clarea changed the title to Coronavirus talk

Citing urgent guidelines from the Chinese goverment to combat the spread of the coronavirus, Costa Crociere, Royal Caribbean and Genting Cruise Lines have immediately suspended cruise operations in mainland China.

Costa has cancelled sailings on the Serena for Jan. 25 and 31; the Atlantica on Jan. 27 and 31; the Venezia on Jan 26. and Feb. 2 and the neoRomantica on Jan. 25, 30 and Feb. 2.

Costa, in a prepared statement, said guests are eligible for a full refund; or can choose an alternative sailing date before the end of the year along with a $50 onboard credit. 

Travel agencies have been instructed to stop group tours, which make up most of the Chinese cruise industry, according to local reports. 

Genting's Dream Cruises brand has cancelled a turnaround call in Guangzhou for the World Dream, but will continue to operate from Hong Kong, according to a statement as the 2017-built ship interports between both homeports.

Other operators with a presence in China during the winter include Astro Ocean and MSC, which have yet to issue any statements, but could follow suit during the high-yielding weeks of Chinese New Year.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22321-multiple-cruise-lines-suspend-chinese-sailings.html?fbclid=IwAR3CeblZiLATPOavndExdrzn2lmPrYot5NPReFLs-ZIiqzn9M2CCkcnqVJw

• Thanks 1