Harmony or Oasis...

Seems I have narrowed it down (with lots of advice from you guys) to a Grand suite...now I am deciding on Oasis or Harmony...price is about $1500 more for Harmony but it has 4 ports, 2 being Labadee and Coco Cay. Any one been on  both and have any advice? I have sailed Allure several times...these Suites are not cheap so your advice is much appreciated..

Edited by Blondiemomm

Embarkation ports are often a consideration when I pick a cruise.  What embarkation port is your Oasis cruise...Miami or New York?  Does that port appeal to your family? Or is flying into Orlando and sailing from Port Canaveral better?  Will you be adding on days pre or post cruise (if so, which location is better for your family)? 

I do enjoy Oasis class ships that the specific ports of call are not so important to me.  The ship itself is a destination.  Opinions vary, of course.  That said, I like the private islands.  Relaxing beach days.  Suite guests are well treated.  Coco Cay is fresh and vibrant now.  People have different tastes, of course, so if your family has not liked private islands in the past, then go with that impression.

• Like 1

Harmony.

CoCocay and Labadee are great beach days. Harmony's decor and rooms/suites feel much more modern than Oasis IMO. Oasis has been refurbed, Harmony is newer. Having been on all the Oasis class several times, I prefer Harmony and Symphony, but all are subtle differences. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Oasis.

Unless you are a frequent cruiser who is tired of Caribbean ports, Oasis would HAVE TO have a better itinerary than Cococay and Labadee.

If it’s leaving from NYC this summer, I would disagree. That’s PC and the Bahamas. 🤮

6 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

If it’s leaving from NYC this summer, I would disagree. That’s PC and the Bahamas. 🤮

I agree with that assessment.

I was just assuming that she was talking about a Florida departure.  To my brain, that's the only way that an Oasis/Harmony comparison makes sense.  I think that she would have mentioned if she meant Cape Liberty.

🙂 

• Like 1

No way I would book an itinerary with both Coco Key and Labadee. I dislike the private stops as it is. I can tolerate one of them if I am an a cruise of more than 7 days as I see it as the trade off for the extra days.

I also would not book any cruise with Port Canaveral as a port of call. Nope, not happening.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No way I would book an itinerary with both Coco Key and Labadee. I dislike the private stops as it is. I can tolerate one of them if I am an a cruise of more than 7 days as I see it as the trade off for the extra days.

I also would not book any cruise with Port Canaveral as a port of call. Nope, not happening.

why not Port Canaveral? its not from there but im curious..

28 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

I prefer island ports of call. What is there at Port Canaveral? I don't think I would want a visit to the space center or Disney as part of a cruise.

I like stopping in a different country with locals that have a different culture. Not cruising to stop in the US except maybe Key West.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I prefer island ports of call. What is there at Port Canaveral? I don't think I would want a visit to the space center or Disney as part of a cruise.

I like stopping in a different country with locals that have a different culture. Not cruising to stop in the US except maybe Key West.

Its a carribean cruise. Emb from Miami. 

1 hour ago, Blondiemomm said:

Pt Canaveral as a stop for a first time cruiser could be awesomeness. Kenedy Space Center is a wonderful day trip

We have the real deal if you get lucky

IMG_20190411_211542_029.jpg.9278b81d70dec11ad9235ee19bcbf266.jpg

20190623_202846.jpg.d09ecc5dff2479b6d4a0356ad51b3d4c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Agree, Key West is a different culture