Get a $50 gift card when you spend $1,000!

Ombud

33 minutes ago, jat1977 said:

When I called Princess and asked this, they said it could be converted to OBC but that I wouldn't be able to use it until I was on board the ship. 

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know, I will probably just use 50.00 to pay towards the gratuities  in our cabin and rest towards cruise. Thanks again. 

Edited by SportsFanatic

6 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Wow I didn't realize it was so complicated to use the Princess gift cards. Don't know that I would attempt it for the extra fifty bucks. 

It really isn't that complicated. Buying more than one complicates it a little, but that's only to be aware that the "From" and "To" fields need to have a different combination of names. Otherwise it's just filling out an on-line form.

Once you have the gift cards, apply them directly to your cruise balance due (if that's what you originally planned) if your booked directly with Princess or have your travel agent apply them. 

If your plan is to use the $1050 total for something else on your cruise, then it's probably more complicated than I think.

Edited by mammajamma2013
additional information

I put all my gift card amounts, numbers, and PINs into a spreadsheet and sent them to my TA. Unfortunately, POLAR was being grumpy (it wanted expiration dates on cards that didn't have them) so he had to call them in. Between the bonus card I still had from Black Friday, the ones I got for this sale, and the AmEx offer in December, I knocked over $500 off our next cruise. Woo hoo!

5 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I put all my gift card amounts, numbers, and PINs into a spreadsheet and sent them to my TA. Unfortunately, POLAR was being grumpy (it wanted expiration dates on cards that didn't have them) so he had to call them in. Between the bonus card I still had from Black Friday, the ones I got for this sale, and the AmEx offer in December, I knocked over $500 off our next cruise. Woo hoo!

That's Fantastic!!!! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Wow I didn't realize it was so complicated to use the Princess gift cards. Don't know that I would attempt it for the extra fifty bucks. 

I did not find it complicated. Created one collage with 6 of them, copied the #s, pasted #s onto cruise personalizer, typed pin #, viola! $3150 paid off! Added collage to cruise file. Took less than 5 minutes. But I did buy as soon as I started the thread

• Like 1

So I pulled the trigger because I had the Amex offer for $100 back when you spend $500.  I got the notification that my Amex offer had been used, but still waiting to see the actual credit on my account.  I got the gift cards (both the $1000 and the $50 bonus) within minutes.  But I used a TA to book the cruise originally and I am hoping Princess will apply the gift cards for me whenever I get someone on the line (been on hold for over 15 minutes now).  I had a gift card given to me at Christmas and my TA said she couldn't add it since the cruise was paid off.  I called Princess and they applied it, but it took longer than I expected.  

Has anyone had trouble getting a person on the phone at Princess?  Is the long delay because of calls about the Diamond?    

6 minutes ago, jat1977 said:

So I pulled the trigger because I had the Amex offer for $100 back when you spend $500.  I got the notification that my Amex offer had been used, but still waiting to see the actual credit on my account.  I got the gift cards (both the $1000 and the $50 bonus) within minutes.  But I used a TA to book the cruise originally and I am hoping Princess will apply the gift cards for me whenever I get someone on the line (been on hold for over 15 minutes now).  I had a gift card given to me at Christmas and my TA said she couldn't add it since the cruise was paid off.  I called Princess and they applied it, but it took longer than I expected.  

Has anyone had trouble getting a person on the phone at Princess?  Is the long delay because of calls about the Diamond?    

Mondays are always a bad day to call Princess.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:33 PM, Crystabel said:

The email from Princess says that you can order up to 5 cards. That’s what I did. Hopefully I’ll get the $50 bonus for each. Everything will be applied to my upcoming cruise. 

I didn't get the e-mail but I did buy, not five, but SIX $1000 "cards" -- one from my husband to me, and five from me to him, but all on the same credit card. And all in one day (but separate transactions for each one). We've nearly paid off our two MiniSuites for June's Alaska trip!

Thanks @Ombud!!! Hey @Thrak what I did was order them all (in separate transactions as I said above) -- compile the two codes per card for each $1000 and $50 with cut-n-paste to a Notepad document -- take the spaces out of the 16-digit code IN the document -- open Cruise Personalizer for the appropriate cruise -- click Payments at right of the top banner -- choose GiftCard and paste the code and key (and amount), apply! Repeat!

My DH was like "That's only 5%" I'm like, that's $300 easy money!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I didn't get the e-mail but I did buy, not five, but SIX $1000 "cards" -- one from my husband to me, and five from me to him, but all on the same credit card. And all in one day (but separate transactions for each one). We've nearly paid off our two MiniSuites for June's Alaska trip!

Thanks @Ombud!!! Hey @Thrak what I did was order them all (in separate transactions as I said above) -- compile the two codes per card for each $1000 and $50 with cut-n-paste to a Notepad document -- take the spaces out of the 16-digit code IN the document -- open Cruise Personalizer for the appropriate cruise -- click Payments at right of the top banner -- choose GiftCard and paste the code and key (and amount), apply! Repeat!

My DH was like "That's only 5%" I'm like, that's $300 easy money!

I only purchased two (so far) and applied them to some upcoming cruises.  I love when I can just apply them in my Personalizer ... for that reason, I just keep a couple of my bookings directly with Princess.  I know I can call my TA to have these applied, but, doing it online .. priceless!!  

• Like 1

Thank you everyone who has commented on this.   It definitely opened my mind up to possibly getting extra money for my cruise

I called Princess to confirm “With 3 DIFFERENT transactions but SAME email and credit card, would I get a $50 card with each?”      They told me NO

But since so many of you have done this and gotten the bonus with each transaction, I assume he is just giving me “the company line?”

I guess the worst is try it and see if it works???

I want to buy 3x$1000 so I’d get $150 in bonus

again thank you for your thoughts.   

I have bought 3 $1000 gift cards this week on different days but using same credit card number and just putting my name and DH’s as recipients. No issues at all and happy with bonus $150. Give it a try.

• Like 1

I ordered the physical cards. I got the email for the bonus cards right away and did snips of them so I have the info. I got email from Princess saying the physical cards had shipped back on the 7th. Today is the 13th and they aren't here yet. Does anybody know where they are being shipped from? The email has a "Track your order" link but it just takes me to a page that says the e-cards have been viewed but there is no tracking info available for the physical cards. D'Oh!

On 2/12/2020 at 1:54 PM, Siouxland Cruiser said:

Thank you everyone who has commented on this.   It definitely opened my mind up to possibly getting extra money for my cruise

I called Princess to confirm “With 3 DIFFERENT transactions but SAME email and credit card, would I get a $50 card with each?”      They told me NO

But since so many of you have done this and gotten the bonus with each transaction, I assume he is just giving me “the company line?”

I guess the worst is try it and see if it works???

I want to buy 3x$1000 so I’d get $150 in bonus

again thank you for your thoughts.   

Last Father's Day I did the special offer cards one per day for a week. This time I figured, no harm no foul and tried six in one day. All on one card (Chase Reserve card; we put all travel charges on it to be protected). I did send one "from" my husband to me, and the other five to my husband FROM me. (We're booked in two cabins in case of need to switch our travelling companions.) These SIX charges went through with no hitch. Of course the five to my husband went to his email box; I had him forward me the link so I could take care of entering the codes for payment.

IT WORKED FOR ME!!!!    Just like everyone said, just order three different times!!!   Just because I had the time, I did $1000 on each of the last 3 days but my friend did all her SEPARATE orders on the SAME day and got the bonus card on each of them.  I did it digitally and she actually called Princess and got it without having to call back each time.  The Princess person did both orders.

Amazing.    And with that, my second cruise this year is paid for because of the $150 bonus cards.    My TA will add them to my account on Monday when she gets back.

Thank you Cruise Critic contributors.   I had deleted the original email from Princess and it wasn't until you all started talking about this that I thought, this is really a deal - a $150 bonus to spending $3000.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:23 AM, kaytamar said:

@Ombud and @Thrak, If I use the $50 bonus amount to buy OBC on my next cruise, And I don’t use all my OBC, do you think it gets refunded from Princess via check? Are they going to try and give it back to me on a gift card? Thank you! 

I asked that question to what seemed a knowledgeable Princess rep and she said it would be by check. 

• Like 1

Got my last two $1k gift cards in the mail today. Now I have $5k in gift cards sitting in a drawer. I hope they have another promo for Mother's Day. $5k down and only $9.2k left to go and I'll be all paid up for this coming November/December. (It's a darn good thing I only booked a balcony.)

• Like 2