CARNIVAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD

sapphire_407

46 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

As long as it doesn't become an RCI or financial analysis topic...😇

Well I'm always thinking financially, it's what I do.

Carnival Corp cancelled 18 Asian cruises, but it's short term. But I'm listening to stock talk channels.

They were saying the reason for the bump in # of cases the other day was testing results in china just behind, so now doctors diagnosed clinically if they saw the symptoms.. it should catch up and settle down now. No more big bumps in number of cases hopefully.

Short term I'm sure I'm not the only person not rushing to book. If you are young and healthy I wouldnt worry, but I'm not and my parents depend on me to drive. When I cruise I shop for the week in advance for them, but glad I can still get away. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well I'm always thinking financially, it's what I do.

Carnival Corp cancelled 18 Asian cruises, but it's short term. But I'm listening to stock talk channels.

They were saying the reason for the bump in # of cases the other day was testing results in china just behind, so now doctors diagnosed clinically if they saw the symptoms.. it should catch up and settle down now. No more big bumps in number of cases hopefully.

Short term I'm sure I'm not the only person not rushing to book. If you are young and healthy I wouldnt worry, but I'm not and my parents depend on me to drive. When I cruise I shop for the week in advance for them, but glad I can still get away. 

When we hear of hits due to cancellations or bookings drops then everyone should be concerned

10 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

When we hear of hits due to cancellations or bookings drops then everyone should be concerned

I dont think this is something like SARS that will go away once these cases are cured.

I've even heard, not only fall, but next spring the virus will be with us, like colds.

That's why I'm hoping a vaccine is in a few months. 

I dont hear there will be a cure, just they hope for prevention methods. This could be something we learn to live with. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thorncroft said:

Is the quarantine on the Princess Corona farm still supposed to end on the 19th? 

Now they are talking about testing people in 3 or 4 days, and it will take 3 days for results. These would not be the Americans who are leaving tomorrow. So that would extend it to at least the 21st.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bulldogsoc said:

When we boarded the Norwegian Sun out of Canaveral a week ago Friday, they checked every page of everyone's passport.  It took about 90 minutes and while nobody likes the wait, most seemed pretty glad they were doing it.

What if they did not have a passport

Edited by jimbo5544

Saw the news this morning where they interviewed an American on board.  Discussion regarding whether they were or not returning on the flight.  Centered on that they thought if they stayed until ship was released they would not have to do the imposed 2 week quarantine once they return.  They said that they were told that was not a safe assumption.  Think they were going to fly back

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Saw the news this morning where they interviewed an American on board.  Discussion regarding whether they were or not returning on the flight.  Centered on that they thought if they stayed until ship was released they would not have to do the imposed 2 week quarantine once they return.  They said that they were told that was not a safe assumption.  Think they were going to fly back

I saw the interview too and wasnt so sure they were flying back.

He said he has a nice balcony on the ship and 3 good meals a day, he isnt sure the conditions in barracks would be as nice. He was mad they had to be quarantined again period. 

Lol and I've been thinking every day they stay on the ship adds to their loyalty days on princess. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I saw the interview too and wasnt so sure they were flying back.

He said he has a nice balcony on the ship and 3 good meals a day, he isnt sure the conditions in barracks would be as nice. He was mad they had to be quarantined again period. 

Lol and I've been thinking every day they stay on the ship adds to their loyalty days on princess. 

He may get that quarantine whenever he returns.  He was very open saying he had it better than many due to balcony cabin

Well the Westerdam that had no cases on it that finally docked in Cambodia has a passenger come down with Coronavirus after flying to Maylasia.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-malaysia/american-from-cruise-ship-docked-in-cambodia-tests-positive-in-malaysia-for-coronavirus-idUSKBN2090IW

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kentucky816 said:

Well the Westerdam that had no cases on it that finally docked in Cambodia has a passenger come down with Coronavirus after flying to Maylasia.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-malaysia/american-from-cruise-ship-docked-in-cambodia-tests-positive-in-malaysia-for-coronavirus-idUSKBN2090IW

Hence the reason to be cautious and the reason that those on Diamond Princess have another quarantine coming

Edited by jimbo5544

Sitting at the pool, I breezed thru the two long Princess threads on the topic.  Fascinating in a horrific way but super interesting.  I have added those on board, both passenger and crew to my prayers.  

i am forever amazed that in the darkest of times how cruise workers shine.   

• Like 2

Yea, that guy didnt want to leave... good meals, sit on the balcony, not bad if you dont need to be some where else.

I dont think most people get it, this virus isnt going away. It will be like the flu and you need a preventative shot to not get it.

My mom didnt realize what it meant when they say it will be back this fall ... next spring, until they find a vaccine to prevent it. That's my concern ... it isnt just get people better now, its hanging around.

I saw where the military is preparing for a pandemic. In case it gets out into the public before there is a vaccine. Effects here havent begun to be felt. Things china makes we will be short of.