CARNIVAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD

sapphire_407

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

And to show a totally different taste, here is another view (hence the dislike for CNN). 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22421-video-princess-working-to-provide-care-and-comfort-aboard-diamond-princess.html

Thanks for staying on top of this Jimbo, and keeping us apprised. 

15 hours ago, mafiadon said:

I'm worried because I have a very bad dry cough but it is due to a side affect from my blood pressure medication

I have been coughing for 30yrs due to BP meds. I never had an issue boarding a ship. My son and his girlfriend are sailing Carnival from Port Canaveral in 2 weeks. I came to this board to see if there were any issues. Royal Caribbean and Princess are a mess.  Anthem of the Seas has been delayed at Cape Liberty. I don't see any issues out of Florida yet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks for staying on top of this Jimbo, and keeping us apprised. 

No worries, this is a pretty big deal for the cruise industry.  Like many, we have cruises planned (4 for us, 2 outside the Caribbean) and I thought Carnival cruisers would want the news.  More than that, I feel for the people on the ships affected, and for the ones who are apprehensive about sailings that are coming up.  

I have been wondering about this myself, as several of my friends are worried about the 8 of us that will be leaving on carnival the middle part of March.  I'm doing a LOT of praying, and I know God expects us to use wisdom as well. I would think that if a certain area we were to be cruising to, was bad, the ship (not that I want it to) would go another direction, and hopefully they would let us know ahead of time, so we could make other plans, as I have already made other reservations.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, beshears said:

I have been wondering about this myself, as several of my friends are worried about the 8 of us that will be leaving on carnival the middle part of March.  I'm doing a LOT of praying, and I know God expects us to use wisdom as well. I would think that if a certain area we were to be cruising to, was bad, the ship (not that I want it to) would go another direction, and hopefully they would let us know ahead of time, so we could make other plans, as I have already made other reservations.

We are sailing 3/14, 4/25, 6/9, and 8/9 and while I share your broad level of concern, we have no issues with our sailing plans as of now.  

• Like 1

Check this out.  While I understand the logic behind it, having  the clock reset every time a new case is discovered, would be more than frustrating to me as a cruiser on that ship.  

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/07/803843303/on-cruise-ship-quarantined-in-japan-any-new-cases-would-reset-the-isolation-cloc?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2YTJy29v4LjBegQy8lW9LUzzP_jRjrx_iGk0hc1nsgknK05Mu9ny1S_9s

I've been following daily, the World Health Organization's Situation Report, since some nice CC member posted the link:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/

As of today, there have been NO reports of the  corona virus south of the texas border all the way through South America, The Caribbean basin, including all of the islands that Carnival sails to. Note: this is just my casual observance and not to be taken as gospel. If anyone has any information to the contrary, please be so kind as to post a link.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Check this out.  While I understand the logic behind it, having  the clock reset every time a new case is discovered, would be more than frustrating to me as a cruiser on that ship.  

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/07/803843303/on-cruise-ship-quarantined-in-japan-any-new-cases-would-reset-the-isolation-cloc?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2YTJy29v4LjBegQy8lW9LUzzP_jRjrx_iGk0hc1nsgknK05Mu9ny1S_9s

There should not be new cases beyond the incubation period from the start of quarantine IF properly following the rules of quarantine. 

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

There should not be new cases beyond the incubation period from the start of quarantine IF properly following the rules of quarantine. 

Hopefully the virus will follow the rules as well.  

• Like 4

I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen evidence of more people cancelling Caribbean cruises due to coronavirus fears. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is a significant threat of being infected on a Caribbean cruise. But some people get very anxious over these things, as we see on these boards, and to someone who suffers from anxiety those fears could easily be enough to make them cancel. The anxiety is real, even if the threat isn't.

Or so I thought. But my February 29th Magic cruise still appears to be sold out. I was checking to see if cancellations might have led to some attractively priced cabin upgrades to become available.

16 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen evidence of more people cancelling Caribbean cruises due to coronavirus fears. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is a significant threat of being infected on a Caribbean cruise. But some people get very anxious over these things, as we see on these boards, and to someone who suffers from anxiety those fears could easily be enough to make them cancel. The anxiety is real, even if the threat isn't.

Or so I thought. But my February 29th Magic cruise still appears to be sold out. I was checking to see if cancellations might have led to some attractively priced cabin upgrades to become available.

If a case were to happen on a Caribbean cruise there might be more hysteria.  

I think that people aren’t cancelling because Carnival is taking preventative measures and for the most part, many of our cruises are outside of the 14-day incubation window. Like our cruise leaves in 20 days, and I’m concerned but not petrified. And I would take a hearty guess that any crew member that has traveled from/through China, and the other two places (I forget), have probably been removed from the ship until they are past the 14 day incubation period.

16 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I have some family that can’t believe we are still going. I’m concerned, cautious, but not cancelling. 

• Like 2

I have a cruise in 20 days to the Caribbean and I'm not concerned about the cruise, but I do wonder what the domestic airlines and airports are doing to be proactive.  I try to take reasonable precautions with my health when flying, but still consider a plane to somewhat of a petri dish. 

Happy and Safe cruising to all!

1 hour ago, E@syPe@zy said:

I have a cruise in 20 days to the Caribbean and I'm not concerned about the cruise, but I do wonder what the domestic airlines and airports are doing to be proactive.  I try to take reasonable precautions with my health when flying, but still consider a plane to somewhat of a petri dish. 

Happy and Safe cruising to all!

I’m considering wearing a n95 mask on the airplane. Not very fashion forward, but better safe than sorry. 

As a stockholder I think so many more cases onboard prices has to be a axe to the cruise industry.

While I understand to a die hard, they dont care, some of us do.

I'm the sole driver for elderly parents and when they say it probably will dry up by may, then say it could be back by fall, I'm waiting to book.

I've got 300 shares of either ccl or rcl .. more of one than the other. I'm concerned for bookings with so many more sick. It seems to spread so easily. I'd be afraid even of room service. 

Part of me cant resist a bargain and I see a good price out of Galveston the end of the month.. luckily that week I have a teeth cleaning or I'd be tempted. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

As a stockholder I think so many more cases onboard prices has to be a axe to the cruise industry.

I'm the sole driver for elderly parents and when they say it probably will dry up by may, then say it could be back by fall, I'm waiting to book.

I've got 300 shares of either ccl or rcl .. more of one than the other. I'm concerned for bookings with so many more sick. It seems to spread so easily. I'd be afraid even of room service. 

Part of me cant resist a bargain and I see a good price out of Galveston the end of the month.. luckily that week I have a teeth cleaning or I'd be tempted. 

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think it is premature to see wholesale cuts if you are thinking along those lines.  I am sure all lines are taking hits, somewhere I read both Royal and Carnival were already taking hit around 10 cents per share, and from what I see now, these can only go up.   

We are sailing on 3/15 are have been scanning all of the boards to figure out what to do.  There was just a report on NBC News that the incubation period can be up to 23-24 days.  If you decide to go on your Caribbean cruises between now and early March, can you please post live reports if you have time/internet and/or report back on this or another CoronaVirus post so that cruisers after you know what to expect?  Thank you!