CARNIVAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD

sapphire_407

It took my a minute, but I think I get what you are saying:

-someone traveled to China (with their passport)

-same someone later takes a cruise but uses birth certificate to bypass restriction

do I understand correctly?

It is hard to imagine someone doing that, but I suppose it is possible.  I also suspect they review the entire pax manifest and would kick the person off before sailing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

It took my a minute, but I think I get what you are saying:

-someone traveled to China (with their passport)

-same someone later takes a cruise but uses birth certificate to bypass restriction

do I understand correctly?

It is hard to imagine someone doing that, but I suppose it is possible.  I also suspect they review the entire pax manifest and would kick the person off before sailing.

Its not hard to imagine when it means cruise or no cruise......People lie all the time. I'm personally not worried about anything. I don't live my life like that. I believe the previous theories Carnival put out this email in an abundance of caution. It needs to be isolated. Stop ALL TRAVEL TO AND FROM CHINA. There fixed it.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I think the problem is you can be sick but asymptomatic for up to 14 days. So there is no way of knowing if a seemingly healthy person could actually be sick and capable of spreading the virus.

I wonder who is feeding them? Crew that was exposed? Who's cooking...

One reason to always get a balcony!

42 minutes ago, bobsfamily said:

The same people who have been cooking all along.  The people tested positive were taken ashore. 

Edited by jimbo5544

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The same people who have been cooking all along.  The people tested positive were taken ashore. 

Except that the cooks and the crew delivering the food could also by asymptomatic for up to 14 days.

Just now, ontheweb said:

Except that the cooks and the crew delivering the food could also by asymptomatic for up to 14 days.

There are no other options.  The point of my post was they currently are not sick and will perform those duties until something changes.

I just got this updated Email, not too concerned, but definitely mindful, we leave this Sat on the Sunshine 2/8

February 5, 2020

Dear Carnival Guest,

We have an additional update to share with you about your upcoming cruise.

Since our communication of yesterday, travel restrictions have expanded beyond residents of or recent visitors to China, and now include Hong Kong and Macau. Please note:  Hong Kong and Macau are not currently subject to a Level 3 CDC travel health alert.  However, an increasing number of countries and local health officials are restricting or denying entry to persons who have traveled from, or through these two locations in the last 14 days prior (including transiting through an airport), particularly if they have symptoms of respiratory illness.  Therefore, we are adopting this same standard and guests who have traveled from or been through China, Hong Kong and Macau in the 14 days prior to their embarkation day, will not be allowed to sail.  

Currently, the Bahamian government has also informed cruise lines that guests who have been to China in the last 20 days before their arrival date in The Bahamas, will not be allowed to disembark in a Bahamian port of call. 

If you have recently visited China, Hong Kong or Macau and are potentially impacted by a travel restriction, please contact us by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL. In the event there are any other changes, we will promptly notify you of any new developments. 

We greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we aim to ensure a safe, fun and memorable cruise.  Our highest responsibilities include the health and safety of our guests and crew.  

We look forward to seeing you aboard.

Yours in health,

grant+CMO+signature.jpg

Dr. Grant Tarling

Chief Medical Officer 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

There are no other options.  The point of my post was they currently are not sick and will perform those duties until something changes.

I agree that these jobs must be done, but if any of the crew doing them turn out to be affected there is truly a unfortunately large chance of the virus being spread to passengers. 

16 hours ago, bobsfamily said:

I would never cruise without a balcony. It sure limits my cruise vacations to one per year, but that’s my comfort level.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beacha said:

I would never cruise without a balcony. It sure limits my cruise vacations to one per year, but that’s my comfort level.

I agree completely...  I feel for the passengers, last cruise (on NCL) I got quarantined for flu like symptoms for 24 hours. It was not fun! But we had a suite so butler hooked me up! It was a crazy cruise as we were diverted because hurricane Dorian from the Bahamas to Cozumel, left from PC and ended up a day late in New Orleans. 

Again feel for those cruisers!

This email is probably brought on by the Westerdam not being allowed to dock anywhere. https://nypost.com/2020/02/07/ms-westerdam-cruise-ship-with-2000-aboard-blocked-from-docking-amid-coronavirus-fears/

she is part of Carnival Corporation.  Also remember the Chinese have a closed monitored internet that is highly regulated.  The information that is coming from them is always suspect.  The Dr.  that first reported this virus to local authorities has died from it.  

• Like 1

There have been some articles online regarding screening of passengers at ports. Has anyone experienced this? It's almost sound like if you have a cold you may be denied boarding.  My cruise is 2 .5 weeks I am getting a bit worried that someone in my group might get  a cold etc and be told to go home.  We are leaving from Baltimore no where near Asia and this ship only goes to the Bahamas so I am hoping we will be fine. 

1 hour ago, mafiadon said:

I'm worried because I have a very bad dry cough but it is due to a side affect from my blood pressure medication

Keep your ace inhibitor in its prescription bottle in your carry on.

If anyone questions the cough, pull the bottle out and ask for a member of the ship's medical staff.

The bad dry cough is a known side effect.

• Like 1