Oceania Exercise Classes

sbees

Hi everyone, 

We are first time cruisers & have booked a trip around the Baltic in August 2020 with the parents.

I see Oceania offers free exercise classes now & wondered if anyone has a sample timetable to share? Just keen to understand how we can keep up with our fitness on board with all the eating 😀

Thanks for your help. 

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

The classes are in the early morning. They are fairly lame, but probably better than nothing. You should be able to keep up with your fitness by walking in your port stops.

Thank you! Yes we should do lots of walking on the port visits. 

The only decent fitness classes I have ever had on any cruise have been the Zumba classes on Princess ships. Those are taught by certified Zumba teachers are are just like the classes I take at my home fitness center. Due to issues of liability you won't find good fitness classes on any cruise ship.

• Thanks 1

You could use the gym to help keep up your fitness levels. 

Oceania's food is portion controlled which is good. Lots of seafood. They have a surf and turf (lobster and fillet steak), sandwich at the pool bar which is cooked to order. I usually ask for no bun as I feel the bun ruins the taste. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In our earlier days of cruising I always lost weight on a cruise -- not because I dined with circumspection 😊 -- but mostly because of all the walking we did on port visits.  Since my knees went bad we don't do as much as we used to, so I pretty much stay the same rather than losing weight.

I'm not saying I lost 20 pounds, you understand!

There is also the walking track on all the ships ... they are short so you need many circuits, but they do exist.  I found it easier to do a "real" walk on the QE2 and NCL's GEM because they really went most of the way (if not all the way) around the ship.

Mura

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Issyalex said:

You could use the gym to help keep up your fitness levels. 

Oceania's food is portion controlled which is good. Lots of seafood. They have a surf and turf (lobster and fillet steak), sandwich at the pool bar which is cooked to order. I usually ask for no bun as I feel the bun ruins the taste. 

My usual Waves Grill lunch order:  Surf and Turf with double lobster, no turf, no bun or fries (and a salad.). So so good!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Did somebody say double lobster!!!!   Yum. 

Keep in mind that you can get lobster in pretty much all the restaurants, everyday. Different dishes and different types in each restaurant. So it's no big deal. 

Unlike mass market lines you don't have to wait until a special day to get a small portion. 

11 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yep, you have described the new Princess...  No lobster, crab legs, limited decent beef.

We always tell ourselves it would be great to hit the gym or do some classes...  Now, why does never actually happen when we are on vacation. Hahahaha!

Haha yes I know so easy to say now we will excercise. Although, in previous holidays we have managed to put on a lot of weight so have excercised as well even through ski trips.  I would like to still somewhat fit my clothes on the way home. Love the wine & food too much!  This lobster sounds amazing - I'm looking forward to it  🙂

On 2/10/2020 at 3:27 PM, ORV said:

Keep in mind that you can get lobster in pretty much all the restaurants, everyday. Different dishes and different types in each restaurant. So it's no big deal. 

Unlike mass market lines you don't have to wait until a special day to get a small portion. 

Waves Grill normally is the only place to get lobster at lunchtime.  It is available every evening grilled to order at the Terrace Cafe buffet and is on the menus of the specialty restaurants.  I have been known (not often but sometimes!) to have an appetizer course of grilled lobster tail at the buffet before proceeding to the GDR, main dining room, for dinner.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 2/8/2020 at 12:33 PM, bob brown said:

Some of those are not really classes... just sales promotions for products and services sold by spa...

Are the ones listed as 'classes' e.g., yoga, included or an additional price?

We use the gym a lot.  Yoga classes are good.  The ellipticals are pretty good too and have fantastic views.  There are a few spin bikes and weights, machine and free.  It’s well used but never too crowded.  We are usually beat and dazed after a day walking around in port but even a half hour on the elliptical really invigorates.  Getting on it is the hard part.