Anthem Delay - the Latest

Jedge

11 minutes ago, perditax said:

The crew member, a Filipino national, was found in an engine room last weekend, two sources said. His body was kept in a refrigerated compartment until the ship docked in New Jersey, according to the sources. 

Yikes. 

Not that unusual, from what I understand. Refrigerated compartment = morgue, I bet.

Still extremely sad.

Edited by JaneStarr

RCCL - Time to hold a press conference and give an HONEST update about all this.  We will understand if you are totally honest and explain.  The death of the crewmember adds to the urgency.  If you continue to delay it will only make natters worse!

We're back home now but keeping our bags packed in case this sailing still happens. But since the 5pm update is delayed, thought I'd ask if Bermuda is "open" for business this time of year? 5 day cruises there are common for Royal, it's supposed to be 70 Weds and Thurs, and Anthem would need to visit a foreign port. Is this more feasible than trying to do a 5 day run to Coco Cay? 

• Like 1

Just now, robmtx said:

We're back home now but keeping our bags packed in case this sailing still happens. But since the 5pm update is delayed, thought I'd ask if Bermuda is "open" for business this time of year? 5 day cruises there are common for Royal, it's supposed to be 70 Weds and Thurs, and Anthem would need to visit a foreign port. Is this more feasible than trying to do a 5 day run to Coco Cay? 

They just posted the update.  Looks like you guys are heading to Bermuda. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steeners81 said:

They just posted the update.  Looks like you guys are heading to Bermuda. 

This is February, Bermuda is not the Caribbean, it's the same temperature as the Carolinas. 

2 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Looks like a decent offer. 50% refund and 50% FCC with $200/night hotel reimbursement.

Great for tide sailing but sucks for those that are going to cancel.  It’s vasicslly the same offer.  Those that cancel still have out of pocket expenses and used vacation time.

sometimes in the past they have also provided a FCC in addition to the refund.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Great for tide sailing but sucks for those that are going to cancel.  It’s vasicslly the same offer.  Those that cancel still have out of pocket expenses and used vacation time.

sometimes in the past they have also provided a FCC in addition to the refund.  

I wonder if they might throw in some FCC if those who cancel, inquire. I would definitely ask.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willie362 said:

I wonder since there will be so many cancellations, if anyone can book this shorter cruise now and how much it would be?

Doubtful. 

They have told people that they do not need to do anything if they want to cancel so they really don’t know how many will end up cancelling. 

This is a bad situation all the way around. I for one would question the intelligence of the CDC (if they are actually the one in charge and making the final decision) that they would turn the 5000 passengers out to possibly spread an illness all over the place yet worry the ship is not free of germs.  Damn a first grader can see thru that.  Think about that logic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisinmeme said:

This is a bad situation all the way around. I for one would question the intelligence of the CDC (if they are actually the one in charge and making the final decision) that they would turn the 5000 passengers out to possibly spread an illness all over the place yet worry the ship is not free of germs.  Damn a first grader can see thru that.  Think about that logic.

People keep saying this. This is the NYC area. People are coming and going from all over the world. Using the subways, trains, and buses. There were 27 passengers with low risk factors on this ship. That is nothing.  If it's not currently in NYC it's a miracle. 

• Like 5

Just now, toad455 said:

If I could I'd hope on this cruise. Cruises need never go to Bermuda this time of year. Does anyone have the exact itinerary? I'd assume it'll be an overnight call in Bermuda. 

He posted above. Wed arrive 9am Thursday depart 3:30pm.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, willie362 said:

I wonder since there will be so many cancellations, if anyone can book this shorter cruise now and how much it would be?

They did not sell the shorter Oasis cruise a few years ago when the hurricane hit.  Same deal people didn't even have to notify them if they were not going

Though this sucks, I'd just be happy to be on vacation..

And since I was travelling to NYC, 3 days in NYC (or NJ) would be fine too -- plus, 50% refund and 50% of my cruise fare for FCC -- I'd be happy too.

But again, this does suck...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

It sounds like RCL may have been trying to keep this information from coming out.

And how would they exactly keep from having this information from coming out?

A ship arrives at a port with a dead body.  There are certain protocols that need to be followed, which I imagine involves a coroner. In most cases, I imagine except for the immediate family no one "cares".  However, in this case with intense scrutiny, then the media would "care" about other things that would have happened on the ship that would be public information.

This sure seems like RC has done all they can to make their customers whole.  You'll never be able to please everybody but for the most part those that toughed it out in a hotel in NYC at least will get that covered and a very cheap cruise...

• Like 3